Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One peice at a time, bought my warthog online, I'll have the only one there is around!
I use to say I was building my new truck one part at a time when I had my XJ :p
Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

72BroncoSand

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 77 f-150, Jetta Tdi, 1ton
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I can’t find the thread but I remember it was determined this swap is not compatible. Yikes, I hope for your sake it works out. Keep us posted as I’d like to have a definitive answer to this. Good luck!

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
One peice at a time, bought my warthog online, I'll have the only one there is around!
Just make sure you finish it before the next refresh, or you'll end up with a '20, '21, '22, '23,' 24, '25, '26, '27, '28, '29 Broncomobile

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So I bought a Big Bend Bronco because mine wasn't going to get built anytime soon. One of the things I liked was the Signature LED headlights and mine didn't come with them. Low and behold I found a pair, or what I thought was a pair on eBay. When they arrived today, I noticed something interesting. One of the lights has the name WARTHOG and the part number on it. Did I somehow get a preproduction WARTHOG/RAPTOR headlight? I guess I'll found out when I plug it in. If it's a no go as far as both being the same, back to eBay.

PXL_20211018_153531565.jpg
I'm very interested to see if you can get this to function. This was very, very, very price and process prohibitive for Ranger.

I made a thread on this very subject a while back (that you obviously didn't find through using the search function prior to pulling the trigger on buying lamps) and it's exceedingly unlikely you can get them running if Ford followed the Ranger playbook on the upgraded lighting.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...rom-base-to-signature-possible-process.12196/

That being said, I would love to be wrong on this! Look forward to your findings and updating the thread above with your results.

OP
OP
UpstateNYFordGuy
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Big Bend - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm very interested to see if you can get this to function. This was very, very, very price and process prohibitive for Ranger.

I made a thread on this very subject a while back (that you obviously didn't find through using the search function prior to pulling the trigger on buying lamps) and it's exceedingly unlikely you can get them running if Ford followed the Ranger playbook on the upgraded lighting.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...rom-base-to-signature-possible-process.12196/

That being said, I would love to be wrong on this! Look forward to your findings and updating the thread above with your results.
It was my bad for getting so excited to think there was a possibility it may have worked. It's not like the old days, lol. After talking to one of the techs at my local dealer, he checked into 2 mannequins (1 with signature lighting and 1 without, both Big Bends) they have on the lot and he is pretty certain the base version doesn't have the required components to make the Signature headlights function properly. The taillights are certain to not work due to the BLIS components the lower end trim doesn't have as described in your post. I hope the aftermarket catches up soon and I can seek out other options. I just want mine to be different from the sea of Big Bends that will be roaming the roads soon.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It was my bad for getting so excited to think there was a possibility it may have worked. It's not like the old days, lol. After talking to one of the techs at my local dealer, he checked into 2 mannequins (1 with signature lighting and 1 without, both Big Bends) they have on the lot and he is pretty certain the base version doesn't have the required components to make the Signature headlights function properly. The taillights are certain to not work due to the BLIS components the lower end trim doesn't have as described in your post. I hope the aftermarket catches up soon and I can seek out other options. I just want mine to be different from the sea of Big Bends that will be roaming the roads soon.
Hey, they will work for sure. It just won't be plug and play!

Search Ranger5G for threads. There's a guy there that documented the process as he runs full LED setup on a base Ranger.

(Helps he works at a dealership)

friethmiller

Everglades
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150, 1974 Porsche 914, 1974 Porsche 914 LE
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Knowing me, I'd try pulling them both apart and attempt to merge the two lamps together to create a "Franken-lamp". It would probably work.... till the first time it got wet.

Villagevip

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"68" "72" Broncos, sadly sold, back in the day
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Also not plug and play, plastic front bumper to steel modular ... FYI, Have to sawzall, front tow rings off on plastic bumper trims to fit......

Sponsored

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Corporate logic says that once the Warthog name was canned, the brains of the operation made them sell anything with a Warthog sticker and the built new parts for the Bronco Raptors with proper stickers.

BroncoNapped

Base
First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S10
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey, they will work for sure. It just won't be plug and play!

Search Ranger5G for threads. There's a guy there that documented the process as he runs full LED setup on a base Ranger.

(Helps he works at a dealership)
Yeah, it should work... at least electrical wise. I've seen them on hotrod and classics. I m going to upgrade to led on my 52' pickup.

As far as plug and play....
You may need to change the plug or cut both plugs off and wire together
Sponsored