Sponsored

Did KOH change your mind on anything regarding your build? Back & Forth...

Rover72

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR, 18 Cadillac XT5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Still planning on a 30k 2-door base manual (swap to 33" tires later).

And nice Series LR. I also own a '72, in my case a Series III 88. I like that arles blue-ish color on your Series, and wonder how close it will be to the new Bronco Area 51.
@indio22 My Series is an 88 also with that vintage Marine Blue which I think will be very close to the Area 51 from pictures I have seen.

I think you are getting great value with the Base and the tire swap filling the wheel arches better than stock tires.

Just retired, this Bronco will be my last new vehicle, daily driver and I want to explore wheeling in as extreme a way as I can, so going BL with full off road capability. I figure last new vehicle,
pay once & cry once since I am already over budget. With more time before I order all this could change to a Base Squatch which will do what I am looking to do for less money.
Sponsored

tatud4life

Base
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, the KOH videos are wonderful! And they are sating my desire to have mine so far (it won't last too long though.) It really didn't change my mind on my trim level though.

What did change my mind is the fact that "Mud/Ruts" is not included with the base model as a G.O.A.T. mode. :mad: I plan on doing some mudding with mine and would like to have that mode. Also the Base does not have the towing option either. I was initially planning on the Base Sas, but now I am having a hard time deciding between the Big Bend Sas or the Badlands Sas. There is about a $5K difference between with the options that I want. Decisions, decisions.

I also want the manual tranny with the Sas, so I am having to wait until MY22 which is fine. That will allow me time to save up a bigger DP. The bad side is that I will probably flip flop on colors then depending on the new color options that come out with the MY22.

skweaz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing changed for me. It pretty much just further confirmed that I made the right choice going with the two door Badlands non-Sasquatch including the lux package, MIC top, and alternate rims. Getting the MGV seats and additional sound deadening also.
Exactly my feelings and confirmed MT. Your build items listed are identical to mine!

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m on the 4D Basesquatch / 4D Black Diamond fence. I really want the performance highlighted in the KOH vids. I’m reluctant to trust the standard Bronco suspension. I trust the standard suspension will get me there and back, but will it make me laugh doing it? Everyone in the KOH vids was laughing and using profanity to express their amazement. I did that (laughed and used profanity) in a side by side recently, but that is $20k, I can’t drive it to work, and lacks climate control. No doubt, BD will make me smile. Basesquatch will make me laugh.
This is me right now... except 2dr, which isn't any difference in the thought of what i'm thinking about.

I'm really, really wondering if the SAS package is what I want more than the MGV/washout interior and the BD suspension? I'm thinking yeah, it might be awhile before I use the capability, but... I have it vs not. I'm back to squarely on the fence between the 2.

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope. Just confirmed my decision for a 2.7L BL on stock wheels/tires and high package. Sweet spot!

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow!! The KOH event was amazing. It really provided wonderful information by individuals like you that attended the event. Super excited to say the least. Wish I was there at KOH.

Just wondering, did any of you have the same experience I had? changed from Manual to Auto back to Manual..... VB to Area 51 back to ???

Good problem to have. Can’t wait for my Badlands!!
I didn't change my configuration, but KOH did make me feel better about buying more capability than I need. Specifically, I had thought the upgraded suspension might not be of any value, but it seems like it is doing a great job smoothing out off-roading.

I did consider removing the 2.7 upgrade as it seems that there were several reports of the 2.3 being more than up to the task. But then I might miss out on the 2.7-exclusive features, so I didn't make any change.

Also, KOH more than affirmed that a non-squatch Badlands is more than enough to tackle anything I'll ever encounter.

TenSeven

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, I learned that (for my needs/uses) the Sasquatch option in a Badlands is completely unnecessary. When doing the B&P, the Sas option was "Of course!", not its "Not at all".

But that is probably just me...

Edit: Just finished reading the thread, apparently it is not just me.

Edit: I caved. Earlier today I added Squatch to my build. It was just bugging me too much that I was going to regret not getting the whole thing.

Now I have to quit looking at all the Area 51 paint pics.

AAAARRRGGGGHHH!!!

Last edited:

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is my problem with Area 51. See picture vs. Velocity Blue. I love the VB is much better then Area 51. However, in the light , sun, Area 51 really stands out.. What to do..
25A8DA1A-40A2-4549-93C2-66AE812107D5.png
Get both

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In a moment of weakness, I began pricing a badlands with sasquatch and tried to convince myself "why not?", since I could afford it. Then after sleeping on it, I decided to stick with my Black Diamond. It was *this* close though.
I'm in the same boat. I changed my mind for a few days from BD to a BL after watching the KOH videos then thought about how often I had to have a disconnecting sway bar. Im back to reality with the BD sas and will look at aftermarket options if I think its something that I really want down the road. I am excited about how well the suspensions handled the terrain at higher speeds. After putting my truck in the ditch this weekend, I have no interest in getting those cameras and will keep my eyes on the road.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've been waffling since a little after Thanksgiving and the KOH ride along videos just made it worse.
I even linked the videos to friends and relatives who I've been chatting with about what model/build I should finally go with. The lure of that 12" screen is strong. 😁

I started off with a Wildtrak reservation and then came along the materials walk-thru video (Missy :mad: ) and I dropped that like a bag-o-bricks. Then I had my memory jogged, by an old friend, about interior panel recoloring, and Wildtrak started to flicker on the radar again, since the dash color is now a non-issue.

Kicked around Base 'squatch & Big Bend 'squatch with 2.7 & auto builds (I don't want another 4cyl engine), but they've kind of lost their luster after KOH.

I've never had an issue with Badlands, I actually like it with the exception of the modular bumper and pinch-weld covers, but the draw of 35's on 'squatch is strong and the Sasquatch package for it is kind of expensive to justify getting it for the 4.7 gears.

I had one of my relatives shoot me a Badlands build that has my attention, but I'm not sure about it because they said. "just sell the factory wheels & tires, then buy those +30 offset wheels you like and slap 285/75R/17 tires on it. Those 4.46 gears are good enough for them and then just put a small lift on it and your golden." (Badlands 2Dr, 2.7, 10spd, High package)

It's a good thing I'm a '22 M.Y, because I'm still having a difficult time pinning down a favorite build.😖

Sponsored

Tataman

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I will admit I was not familiar with KOH, but that looked liked an amazing environment. It was so cool to see some of the professional drivers giving rides. I was not familiar with the drivers, but had instant respect watching their command of the Broncos! Supper pumped to get my Bronco!

Couple of takeaways. I am getting the 2.7l engine with my four door, however it was really encouraging to hear the 2.3l was up for the task. Also, it was absolutely apparent to me that IFS is the way to go! In addition to better drivability in the city, there is just a better ride off-road than the SFA. The rigs looked fully capable doing the hill climbs. I am not disparaging the other guys with the SFA, just the benefits of IFS were on full display.

Last edited:

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In a moment of weakness, I began pricing a badlands with sasquatch and tried to convince myself "why not?", since I could afford it. Then after sleeping on it, I decided to stick with my Black Diamond. It was *this* close though.
I’m on the fence. I think I’m going to go BL though up from BD. I want the bilsteins and 12” screen. And having a 33” keeps me from feeling like I need wheels and tires right away.

harperrb

Wildtrak
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wavered on the Wiltrak vs BD+sas, black badging did it for me + sand. I won't crawl, maybe bog.

Moved away from Carbonized grey and Cactus grey as options, Carbonized grey was too light - thought it was a tone darker from the B&P. Cactus grey is too neutral - thought it had the blue tone originally on the B&P.

between CO and Black now. Black seems boring, but classic in a Metallica way. Cyber Orange seems more fun - but idk if I'm going to get tired of it.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If CO was Orange vs Double Yellow Line I'd be all over it.

tatud4life

Base
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Welp, talked to the wife last night. She told me to get the trim level that I wanted as long as she gets to drive it some. Badlands it is!!!! With SAS of course.
Sponsored