Sponsored

Did KOH change your mind on anything regarding your build? Back & Forth...

robepa

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2006 Tacoma, 2020 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The difficult trials I have driven don't look hard on video. Take this picture, it looks flat. In reality this is so steep all the seat belts were locked and you couldn't walk without scrambling with your hands. My drivers door was less than a fist width (the narrow way) from that stump (because I took a shitty line) and if I couldn't climb that rock on the front passenger it was going to crease both of the doors and the rear quarter panel.

I can't say because I have not been on the KOH Bronco route however, I suspect in person it may look different. I think there is zero chance the Sport could have climbed the ledge near the end. Video makes things look smaller than life not larger.

Also never underestimate what a great driver could do, the drivers they used have lots of experience.

Having said that, the best rig is the one you have and can afford live with every day. The great times I have had outdoors have no correlation to how difficult of a trail you and your rig can do. Just my 2 cents.

Ford Bronco Did KOH change your mind on anything regarding your build? Back & Forth... Naches.PNG
Sponsored

Thane

Badlands
First Name
Thane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 FJ Cruiser, 21 JLURXR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The KOH rides were excellent to watch, people having fun, feature exploring.

It's when the truck hits 6-8 years, 100k plus miles that more trail duty kicks in for most and those extra features become onerous. The leasers and collectors never feel the pinch of $1,000 led headlight replacements from rocks. Or auto air lift suspension failures. Removing gadgets from a very capable Lexus 470 for trail duty is a nightmare, error lights, conversion kits to remove cheese that should have never been there in the first place.

I really liked the 360 cameras, then I think what it will take to keep them operational for 10 years, on my dime and time.

Keeping the kid in a candy store in check is a tough act, let me know if you figure it out.

BroncoTodd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X 100D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When the BN walk-around came out at KOH, it confirmed my love for Race Red over Area 51. I love them both, but that video tipped me over the edge.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The KOH rides were excellent to watch, people having fun, feature exploring.

It's when the truck hits 6-8 years, 100k plus miles that more trail duty kicks in for most and those extra features become onerous. The leasers and collectors never feel the pinch of $1,000 led headlight replacements from rocks. Or auto air lift suspension failures. Removing gadgets from a very capable Lexus 470 for trail duty is a nightmare, error lights, conversion kits to remove cheese that should have never been there in the first place.

I really liked the 360 cameras, then I think what it will take to keep them operational for 10 years, on my dime and time.

Keeping the kid in a candy store in check is a tough act, let me know if you figure it out.

Extended warranty. 😁

I think most that are going to keep their Bronco's long term will opt for this because of all the computers and tech onboard now.

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Loved watching Loren and Vaughn take the Bronco through the course.

Only thing that changed for me was color, after seeing the Rapid Red First Edition. So that’s what I ended up ordering, with the Black Onyx Interior and Black Modular Top.
Sponsored