Sponsored

Did KOH change your mind on anything regarding your build? Back & Forth...

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That is how a married couple stays together
Sponsored

robepa

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2006 Tacoma, 2020 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is my problem with Area 51. See picture vs. Velocity Blue. I love the VB is much better then Area 51. However, in the light , sun, Area 51 really stands out.. What to do..
25A8DA1A-40A2-4549-93C2-66AE812107D5.png
Here are my pics from the Filson reveal on an overcast Seattle day. I really like the A51 in that light. I have not liked the pics in the full sun but I have not seen it in person.

20201023_115305.jpg

20201023_115308.jpg

Sean492

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Ford Mustang Boss 302 and 2011 Ford F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like many others before me, the KOH videos just confirmed my order of 4D BL A51 non-SAS with LUX! Just made the wait even more painful.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

KOH was great. To see the Bronco doing what it was designed to do was awesome. Did it make me want to spend $10K or more and change my order? That would be a big NO. I am getting a very capable build and only spent $50K to do that. To each his own. In addition, I can put a winch on my 2021 and not spend $2.5K and it will not block the camera. :cool:

GBlue

Black Diamond
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
groncobronco.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m on the fence. I think I’m going to go BL though up from BD. I want the bilsteins and 12” screen. And having a 33” keeps me from feeling like I need wheels and tires right away.
Exactly the epiphany I had last night. I blame KOH for this!
However, now I won't have an ounce of envy for the 12" screen and won't feel the need to immediately change the look of BD steely stocks as I drive off the lot. I was 2.7Auto on my BD build, but will sacrifice the engine size for the fun of the 2.4 manual.

Sponsored

Dubsilk

Badlands
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M240 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seeing the one video with the manual solidified my decision even more to go with the manual. I’m excited to get my hands on it and test out that crawler gear.
Same here. This video sealed it for me.
KOH manual

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exactly the epiphany I had last night. I blame KOH for this!
However, now I won't have an ounce of envy for the 12" screen and won't feel the need to immediately change the look of BD steely stocks as I drive off the lot. I was 2.7Auto on my BD build, but will sacrifice the engine size for the fun of the 2.4 manual.
I wanted the BD with a manual and mid package until the news broke of that not being a possibility. But since that's only possible in the BL that's what I'm going with. I don't think I'll envy the 12" screen either, mainly wanted the mid package for the heated seats and keyless access.

It's either for manufacturing simplicity that could change for future modal years or just Ford's way of getting more manual drivers in the BL trim.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really want the front facing camera and KOH made it that much harder to say no. I could l without the rest of High Package (Lux has the tech I really want). now I just need to decide if I want the 2.7 or High package more. If it's a delay of months, I will just get high and roof rack, 2.3 and stay in budget.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

KOH pretty much solidified my choice of the stock Bad Lands. It will do everything I'll ever want it to do. With the Lux package I'll be able to use it on road trips with a certain level of comfort. Only thing now is color; I'm sold on Rapid Red but my wife thinks it will clash with the interior trim. At this point that is a non issue with me.

Trigger

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Silverado/2022 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Question for the offroad crowd. After watching KOH videos and their ride along offroad route, could a stock Black Diamond handle the same path? Other than the controlled descent, could a non-SAS BD do the same thing?

Did they only demo BL because 1) SAS BL was the only thing that could handle their demo circuit or 2) they only want to push high end trims.

Looking for the best combination of capability, comfort, and cost landed me at non-SAS BD.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Question for the offroad crowd. After watching KOH videos and their ride along offroad route, could a stock Black Diamond handle the same path? Other than the controlled descent, could a non-SAS BD do the same thing?

Did they only demo BL because 1) SAS BL was the only thing that could handle their demo circuit or 2) they only want to push high end trims.

Looking for the best combination of capability, comfort, and cost landed me at non-SAS BD.
From what I saw of KOH: Any Bronco of any trim would handle it. I think a Bronco Sport, skillfully driven could handle it. Moderate grades, moderately deep sand, moderate rock. I think they featured Badlands, with camera and sway bar disco as enticement to get people to up-trim.

Look at the How Extreme are You thread. Any Bronco will handle a 5, 6 if you know what your doing, 7 might be getting into Sasquatch territory. IMHO

Last edited:

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think our Ford Escape could handle most of what they did at KOH.
BD for sure

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From what I saw of KOH: Any Bronco of any trim would handle it. I think a Bronco Sport, skillfully driven could handle it. Moderate grades, moderately deep sand, moderate rock. I think they featured Badlands, with camera and sway bar disco as enticement to get people to up-trim.

Look at the How Extreme are You thread. Any Bronco will handle a 5, 6 if you know what your doing, 7 might be getting into Sasquatch territory. IMHO
I think most off-roaders/soft-roaders could handle it, the rock crawl portion is tough to capture on camera though.

But handling at that RATE is a different thing. Even the BD might hit the bump stops in some of the whoops w/o having the position sensitive dampening.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think most off-roaders/soft-roaders could handle it, the rock crawl portion is tough to capture on camera though.

But handling at that RATE is a different thing. Even the BD might hit the bump stops in some of the whoops w/o having the position sensitive dampening.
Right, I heard they were doing up to 70 mph, which might be out of reality for some trims and drivers. But, us civilians can't drive those roads at that rate anyway, we have to worry about head ons on public roads/trails. Plus we pay for our own repairs.

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Right, I heard they were doing up to 70 mph, which might be out of reality for some trims and drivers. But, us civilians can't drive those roads at that rate anyway, we have to worry about head ons on public roads/trails. Plus we pay for our own repairs.
That's why I'm working on getting a Suga Mama to fund my bronco adventures. Step 1) Get the wife's approval.
Sponsored