First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TT Roadster, Reatta convertible.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Figured by the time I actually get to pay for it, I can use a collection of ticktok NFTs which will widely be accepted as the prevailing currency.

yabu00

Base
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Inifinit FX-35
Your Bronco Model
Base
If there are people that paid cash I'm going to question their intelligence level with penfed giving 0.99% APR loans :oops: there are literally high yield savings accounts with higher than 0.99% return. Unless you're keeping your DTI low for other reasons, have terrible credit, or enjoy throwing money down the drain it makes zero sense.

Edit: Retirement is the worst excuse one could have for paying cash for the car lol. In retirement, any income no matter how small is even MORE important than those working.

I understand this is a generational thing. Many boomers grew up to 12% mortgages and 15% auto loans, but times have changed. Borrowing money is nearly free these days, and inflation is at record levels. You absolutely should have a significant rainy day fund, but keeping tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash (instead of safe CD's, high yield savings accounts, or bonds) is the best way to get left behind in 2022.
0.99% is higher than the risk free rate looking at short term treasuries. Can't find an HYSA with a interest rate higher than 0.6% right now on the full FDIC insurance limit. Paying in cash seems reasonable from that perspective.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How are you digging the Ranger? I'm watching the rumor mill for Raptor specs. I may find that of interest for myself.
I like it. Got the 4x4 Lariat so I can pull it behind our motorhome with style. Only had it for a week, but it's holding it's own for my expectations. Not my plan A, but I'm not displeased.

It was hard to find too with all the shortages. Next available was sometime in April/May.

zman1988

Wildtrak
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I assume you mean 1.5%. What is DEFI?
DEFI = Decentralized finance. Think NFTs, Crypto based lending.

I currently get 15% (not 1.5%) from Stablegains. Interest is added to my account daily. I only put in a small amount to check it out but its been paying so far, so I plan to deposit more in the future.

Sponsored

lasttj

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep TJ, '16 Ford F150, '65 VW Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
DEFI = Decentralized finance. Think NFTs, Crypto based lending.

I currently get 15% (not 1.5%) from Stablegains. Interest is added to my account daily. I only put in a small amount to check it out but its been paying so far, so I plan to deposit more in the future.
Got it......I don't think I would refer to that as a savings account. ;)

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

well, I haven't actually purchased yet, because the mythical Bronco has yet to be built, and I have no idea what will happen first - Mike Levine getting fired, or me getting my Bronco - but if and when it does get built, and that time comes - if I'm still alive - I'll be putting about 50-60% down and financing the rest.

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I paid cash!!!!! Cold hard green cash!!!! Guess what???? Its my truck!!!! My credit score is top of top tier!! Why would anybody who has plenty of $$$$$$$$$$$ finance a vehicle???? Most so called high yeild savings only pay .50 %. I can sell my truck tomorrow for what ever I want! Why? Because I have the title! No penalties! No worries! No bullshit! šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜ I have another Bronco ordered and will pay $$$$$$$ for that too!!
Yep I'm with you, wrote a check for 61,466.05 and it felt great, no debt, I own it outright, and all mine. šŸ˜„ I also have a 2 door wildtrak coming (whenever) and will pay cash for it as well, but do need to sell my 4 door Badlands though, wife said I have to many Broncos as it is , (classic Broncos that is) šŸ˜

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If there are people that paid cash I'm going to question their intelligence level with penfed giving 0.99% APR loans :oops: there are literally high yield savings accounts with higher than 0.99% return. Unless you're keeping your DTI low for other reasons, have terrible credit, or enjoy throwing money down the drain it makes zero sense.

Edit: Retirement is the worst excuse one could have for paying cash for the car lol. In retirement, any income no matter how small is even MORE important than those working.

I understand this is a generational thing. Many boomers grew up to 12% mortgages and 15% auto loans, but times have changed. Borrowing money is nearly free these days, and inflation is at record levels. You absolutely should have a significant rainy day fund, but keeping tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash (instead of safe CD's, high yield savings accounts, or bonds) is the best way to get left behind in 2022.
This reminds me of the people that don't pay off their house because they get a write off on income tax. Depending on the size of their mortgage they may pay 8-10K in interest for a couple thousand write off. Please come see me, you can give me 10K every year and I will gladly give you a couple back.

Sponsored

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I paid cash!!!!! Cold hard green cash!!!! Guess what???? Its my truck!!!! My credit score is top of top tier!! Why would anybody who has plenty of $$$$$$$$$$$ finance a vehicle???? Most so called high yeild savings only pay .50 %. I can sell my truck tomorrow for what ever I want! Why? Because I have the title! No penalties! No worries! No bullshit! šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜ I have another Bronco ordered and will pay $$$$$$$ for that too!!
When you stop borrowing money to pay for things and get out of debt you have the money to pay cash and still have your investments working for you. Your money continues to grow and you own your destiny. Oh one other thing...your credit rating do not go down. If any thing they will go higher. Why would you put yourself in debt so you can get a better rating to put yourself in more debt. :rolleyes:

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Evidence weā€™ve been spoiled with equity returns for the last decade+ havenā€™t we.

Shocking when talking time value of money and risk doesnā€™t get a seat at the table. Bear markets 2000-2002 and 2008-2009 May have something to say about that.

Personal finance is personal. Not sure why thereā€™s so much animosity towards each individualā€™s decision. This isnā€™t Bronco vs JeepšŸ˜ Relax.

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Financing. I can afford the payment as I have no other debt and I have time to let that money grow elsewhere (market)

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
When you stop borrowing money to pay for things and get out of debt you have the money to pay cash and still have your investments working for you. Your money continues to grow and you own your destiny. Oh one other thing...your credit rating do not go down. If any thing they will go higher. Why would you put yourself in debt so you can get a better rating to put yourself in more debt. :rolleyes:
Ford Bronco Did you finance or pay cash? 1642640809457
Sponsored