DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Financing $50k for 6 years @ 2% you will pay about $3k in interest. Keeping your $50k and investing it @ a modest 6% for 6 years you will make about $20k in interest.
Sponsored

khudgi

Wildtrak
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 XLT 4x4 CC / 2023 F350 CC LAR 4x4 PS 6.7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I assume you mean 1.5%. What is DEFI?
15% wouldn't be a surprise depending on where its at, mines at 8.3% . Its decentralized finance in the crypto world.

TXAG96

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Bullitt, '01 Boxster, '87 TBird Turbo Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I financed for less than 1 month, paid it off before the first payment was due.
My Credit score is 825 and the best loan offered by Ford was 6%. lol.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Financing $50k for 6 years @ 2% you will pay about $3k in interest. Keeping your $50k and investing it @ a modest 6% for 6 years you will make about $20k in interest.
Did you live through '08, your 50K turned into 25K real quickly. It came back but it wasn't overnight. If you needed that 50K in '09 you were screwed as it was only 25K. You have to factor in risk.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I financed at 2.99% which is the lowest I could find. Interest rates are very different here in Canada compared to the US.

Sponsored

nd2002

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 BMW M2, '18 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you also need to factor in that your vehicle is not going to stay at $50,000 at the end of 48 months

Wouldn’t you rather take that $2,000 than simply lose money with depreciation? It’s basically free money and you continue building good history with lenders

GetMeOutOfHere

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Finance of course. I'll put down as little as possible, likely 10%. Interest rates are low, inflation is elevated, and I don't want my money in a depreciating asset as much as I can help it.

I'll be selling my current ride and putting the proceeds into the retirement account where that money can go to work!

You should always finance assuming your interest rate is low AND you can handle a monthly payment without missing any. Protect your wealth, folks.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I still believe the math will almost always show taking a low interest loan for as long as possible and keeping your cash, investing somewhere else, etc. is the better financial move.

If the spouse loses their job you still have the cash because you didn’t put it all into buying a car for cash. If you want to ride off into the sunset in your Badlands, you can do that and keep your money working for you, not all in your Bronco. Most successful investors in real estate, etc will always keep their money and use low Interest financing to make more money. Would you buy a $500k house in cash with 2% interest rates?

With that said, I’m about to pay off a 6 year low interest car loan in less than 2 years so I didn’t even follow my own financial beliefs lol. Why did I do it? Emotion not math. Looking to get my Bronco and didn’t want two car payments. I don’t want the FEELING of two car payments even though by keeping the cash you will always have the money.
This is always an interesting discussion, so many people at so many different points in their lives.

No, I would sell my current home and purchase another with cash.

Would you take out a 100% mortgage on your home and invest the money in the stock market?

Why not, it's the same exact thing, but it takes risk into account.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw a thread earlier today with people comparing interest rates and it had quite a few members active in the conversation. I also had read an article talking about a high number of bronco owners paid cash. Curious what the percentage really is......

Votes do not display publicly
Financing one (mine). Paying cash for my dad's surprise Bronco.

Sponsored

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
...And remember at 6% interest..your money doubles every 12 years..

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I plan to Finance due to good interest rates. But may change my mind when the Bronco shows up. I could put 43K down with out getting into investments.

Old Hound

Wildtrak
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Excellent credit gets you a terrific rate. Automatic twice a month withdraw payments lesson the over all cost of the loan. Meanwhile, the cash left over from only making a down payment gets invested, and pays a modest 5-8%. The gain beats the loan interest. Now the Bronco changes one factor. You always get a better vehicle cost if you tell the dealer you are financing rather then paying cash. If you want or can pay cash, do it with the finance company or bank after you buy the car, not with the dealer.
We are all paying MSRP right now for a bronco so I don't see your point. Also if I pay cash and decide to sell it to make $10,000.00
on the purchase I'm good, but I am getting it because I am retiring and planed on getting one, from the day I heard Ford was bringing them out again. If I don't like it as much as I think, I'll
trade it for something else in the next year and probably make
money on the trade.
Sponsored