Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Been out of town the past few days and my wife has been using my Bronco because I took her Escape to the airport. She sends this to me

Ford Bronco Didn’t even make it to the first car payment… cracked windshield 58FC1946-C8F1-44B2-8526-2BE5B32885D5

She felt terrible that it happened when she had it…I was expecting this to happen, but not before I made the first payment on it!

So she’s taking the lead on getting safelight to come out and see what they can do and sent me this just now

Ford Bronco Didn’t even make it to the first car payment… cracked windshield 3AA63B21-F62A-42A8-86F8-09544F6EB7E6

😂
Sponsored

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Makes you wonder how many people have found out this way.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Been out of town the past few days and my wife has been using my Bronco because I took her Escape to the airport. She sends this to me

58FC1946-C8F1-44B2-8526-2BE5B32885D5.jpeg

She felt terrible that it happened when she had it…I was expecting this to happen, but not before I made the first payment on it!

So she’s taking the lead on getting safelight to come out and see what they can do and sent me this just now

3AA63B21-F62A-42A8-86F8-09544F6EB7E6.jpeg

😂
Least she’s trying. That’s what matters.
Worst part is she told all her friends and family you bought a bad ass bronco sport. Lol.

OP
OP
Sherminiator

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Least she’s trying. That’s what matters.
Worst part is she told all her friends and family you bought a bad ass bronco sport. Lol.
nah she knows the difference-she wants a sport to replace her escape.

Ford Bronco Didn’t even make it to the first car payment… cracked windshield C9999562-3316-4E89-8ABA-0EF06CB2B1BC

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Go in for the windshield glue recall and maybe they will replace it

Sponsored

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

nah she knows the difference-she wants a sport to replace her escape.
I'm sure your wife knows the difference. The fact that Safelite had to make a form spelling out the difference ("Please confirm if your Bronco has the SPORT badge") tells you how many people own a Sport and don't even know it.

Sorry about the windshield, but funny post. I'm sure your wife feels bad. I wrecked a brand new 1988 Chevy Beretta one time and I felt worse for my husband than I did for the car. It wasn't even my fault, but that didn't matter. He was totally cool about it - that was his nature.

I hope you do something nice for your wife to remind her that she matters a lot more to you than a windshield, or a Bronco.

OP
OP
Sherminiator

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Go in for the windshield glue recall and maybe they will replace it
Oh They'll replace it, just not for free. Recalls don't cover damage ;)

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

oh I have a horror story and refuse to use Safelite (they damaged the dash in my 4Runner and I had to fight over a month to get it replaced), but at least they're verifying it's the right vehicle. That's another part of the horror story I have...they installed the wrong windshield on my 4Runner and had to come out again and do it over.

Sponsored

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Waiting on safelite this morning for a replacement. I’m beyond nervous and worried. So rare that people do good work anymore. And you have no recourse since management don’t care. Ugh.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Waiting on safelite this morning for a replacement. I’m beyond nervous and worried. So rare that people do good work anymore. And you have no recourse since management don’t care. Ugh.
I have had safelite replace glass on three different vehicles and they have always done a great job. It was very quick and convenient using the app from my insurance company to schedule the appointment, and they will come to you to do the work in most places. They wouldn’t come to my home because I don’t live in town, but I just had my wife take the bronco to work, and they installed the windshield and calibrated the camera in the parking lot.

The only issue, if you can even call it an issue is that they didn’t believe my wife that the bronco wasn’t lifted, and wanted her to sign a waiver in case they couldn’t calibrate the camera for lane assist and pre-collision. My wife explained that even though the tires are obviously aftermarket, they’re still the same size that came on the vehicle and it is stock height. The guy had to call his boss and get the go ahead, but then he replaced the windshield and calibrated the camera without any issues. It did take them longer to get the part from Ford than they expected, so they had to reschedule my appt once, but that’s more of a Ford problem than a safelite problem.

My deductible was higher for the bronco than any of my other vehicles because of the camera recalibration. I usually pay $250, bronco was $500.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is happening a lot. Get the windshield coverage from your insurance company.