Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have had safelite replace glass on three different vehicles and they have always done a great job. It was very quick and convenient using the app from my insurance company to schedule the appointment, and they will come to you to do the work in most places. They wouldn’t come to my home because I don’t live in town, but I just had my wife take the bronco to work, and they installed the windshield and calibrated the camera in the parking lot.

The only issue, if you can even call it an issue is that they didn’t believe my wife that the bronco wasn’t lifted, and wanted her to sign a waiver in case they couldn’t calibrate the camera for lane assist and pre-collision. My wife explained that even though the tires are obviously aftermarket, they’re still the same size that came on the vehicle and it is stock height. The guy had to call his boss and get the go ahead, but then he replaced the windshield and calibrated the camera without any issues. It did take them longer to get the part from Ford than they expected, so they had to reschedule my appt once, but that’s more of a Ford problem than a safelite problem.

My deductible was higher for the bronco than any of my other vehicles because of the camera recalibration. I usually pay $250, bronco was $500.
Good to know! Thanks.
Hope they show up soon.
Sponsored

sliwa

Base
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just had them out this morning to fix my first chip- 11 months/13k miles in, guess I’m lucky. I forgot to screenshot that form when I went through the app…

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

had 5 chips in 6 years in JK windshield Gorilla glue works wonders
I can live with a rock chip as long as I can get it fixed well enough so it doesn’t run. Unfortunately, the rock chip on my bronco windshield ran in 4 different directions before I even got it home. I ordered that stuff in the link because it’s only $15 and I doubt that will be my last rock chip, but it’s good to know gorilla glue will stop rock chips from running if that stuff is garbage.

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These flat windshield, you got to love them. I took a rock to the windshield less then a mile from the dealership!

PghBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got a chip on my jeep, It was right under the rear view mirror, just a small little circle. It was pretty annoying. I waited as long as I could. Paid 150$ they filled it and it was barely noticeable after that.

Sponsored

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well the windshield got put in today late appt was for 8 - 12. No call but they show up at 3:30pm. Put it in then tell me they cant calibrate the camera since their tool only lists base, badlands, outer banks. No Wildtrak. So they tell me to take it to a dealer. Call the local dealer and get sent over and over to voicemail hell. No one will call back . Man i hate the shit you have to go thru just to make something happen.

OP
OP
Sherminiator

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So finally followed up on this today-with the holiday and all.

So I called Safelite and its $1400 to get the windshield and get it recalibrated! Ouch. Gonna be $750 out of pocket because I went though my insurance. I have to go to the local Safelite place to get it done also next week.

I called up my local installer for Windshield protection film and its $600 bucks. Might be looking into that-I'd rather not have to dump $750 bucks every time the windshield gets nailed by something.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So finally followed up on this today-with the holiday and all.

So I called Safelite and its $1400 to get the windshield and get it recalibrated! Ouch. Gonna be $750 out of pocket because I went though my insurance. I have to go to the local Safelite place to get it done also next week.

I called up my local installer for Windshield protection film and its $600 bucks. Might be looking into that-I'd rather not have to dump $750 bucks every time the windshield gets nailed by something.
Does your insurance offer separate glass coverage? I added 0 deductible glass coverage and it was only about $80 a year extra.

OP
OP
Sherminiator

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Does your insurance offer separate glass coverage? I added 0 deductible glass coverage and it was only about $80 a year extra.
That I'll have to look into to see if they do.
Sponsored