Sponsored

Didn't need Mid package so I'm without Navigation . . . anyway to retrofit install / software update for it?

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
. . . didn't think I would miss it. But I do. Greatly.

Don't like apple car play and don't want my phone up on my screen anyway.

Is there anyway to get a software update from Ford directly and get the Navigation installed?
Sponsored

ChetC

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
. . . didn't think I would miss it. But I do. Greatly.

Don't like apple car play and don't want my phone up on my screen anyway.

Is there anyway to get a software update from Ford directly and get the Navigation installed?
I know you said you don't like it, but if you go into Apple CarPlay and simply select your GPS option, that's all you see on the screen. You don't have to look at all your available apps or the multi-screen. If you only have the GPS app selected it wouldn't be any different than navigation from Ford plus you have the added benefit of inputting your destination on the way to the Bronco. If you don't need navigation, hit the home button on the radio and you won't see your phone at all.

OP
OP
MCG DAWG

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I know you said you don't like it, but if you go into Apple CarPlay and simply select your GPS option, that's all you see on the screen. You don't have to look at all your available apps or the multi-screen. If you only have the GPS app selected it wouldn't be any different than navigation from Ford plus you have the added benefit of inputting your destination on the way to the Bronco. If you don't need navigation, hit the home button on the radio and you won't see your phone at all.
Thanks for the input. My old ignorant self may need to get my 12 year old to help me with that. Sounds like a good work around.

Heart2

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I ordered the Mid Package without Navigation and plan to use Google Maps through CarPlay. I've been using CarPlay/Google Maps in my Ranger (Sync 3) as a trial (it has built-in Nav). It works great and is always up-to-date! I would have never considered a vehicle without built-in Nav until I read the comments on this forum. This will be a daily driver for me. I rarely use Nav, as I am usually close to home. But, I'm sure there are situations where built-in Nav is better for some people.

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
CarPlay is the best tech addition to cars in the last decade IMO, it takes something you're already familiar with and slaps it on your car's screen. You don't need to mess with the other CarPlay features but you'll get the most up-to-date traffic as opposed to factory Nav - Apple Maps, Google Maps, and Waze all work out of the box

Sponsored

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
CarPlay or Android Auto are both far superior products to built-in systems, IMO. The ease of use is awesome, and they've been refined enough to work reliably. Wireless connection is the newest and least proven part of them now - but appears to be fairly reliable.

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I use Waze in Android Auto (Bronco Sport, no Bronco yet). IMHO, the best thing about not using onboard NAV is is that you avoid the terrible voice recognition searches from on board NAV.
Google has voice searching that is a hundred years ahead of the onboard NAV companies. I believe Waze uses Google to search for destinations.
You'll also get traffic alerts, hazard warnings (debris in the road) and speed trap warnings.

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You can also download maps from your Google maps app to use offline, so it's good when you're in areas that don't have good service.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are you lost? Just give me a ring when you get close and let me know what road you are on.

Honestly I had a GPS when I drove trucks but if I live somewhere and dont know a place, I just look it up before I go and then go. All roads lead to an ocean ... eventually. If you are roadtripping I would get a paper map from AAA its much more fun that way.

cricex

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L CG Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does mid package support CarPlay or Android Auto?

I have the High package and have zero intention of ever using the OEM navigation. Google Maps & Waze are much better.

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I purchased a Garmin Overlander, mounted at the bottom of the center stack. Gives me complete independent functionality, no subscription(s), with all the off-road advantages of this unit.

In addition, I purchased their wireless rear view camera, but I installed it on the front grill, so now I also have trail forward view at my discretion, which only cost $ 160 !!
Sponsored