taperunner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Question for everyone. I've got a 22 Badlands. I used Forscan to unlock sport mode. I finally had a chance to use it last night on the expressway and I was really shocked how much of a difference it made. It was awesome! This morning I hopped in the car and it defaulted back to Normal which I was expecting. But right as I got to my destination I noticed I was still in 4A when normal uses 2H. I've never used sport mode before so I wasn't sure if this was expected. I put it in Eco just to see what it would do and it popped over to 2H. I went to sport and it went to 4A. I then turned it to normal and it did drop back to 2H. So I'm not sure why it stayed in 4A this morning when I was in Normal (it defaulted to Normal as expected when I was using Sport last night).

I'm not sure if this was expected, a gremlin or just a side effect of using Forscan to unlock sport. I'm not super worried about it, just something to keep an eye on. Curious if anyone else has noticed this or similar?
Sponsored

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

4A equipped cars default to 4A in sport mode. It is normal. Only in the standard setup (no 4A) will Sport stay in 2H.

OP
OP

taperunner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4A equipped cars default to 4A in sport mode. It is normal. Only in the standard setup (no 4A) will Sport stay in 2H.
Right, but I'm saying that after using sport mode in 4A, I parked the car for the night. This morning I got it and if defaulted back to Normal but stayed in 4A. I believe Normal should use 2H

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can Forscan prevent it from automatically going to 4A? I have to keep turning it off since it ain't wet and slick out yet....

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine does the same thing. Iā€™d call it a bug but not enough to complain to Ford about, particularly as we used Forscan to enable it.

Sponsored

nottinbe

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine does the same thing. Iā€™d call it a bug but not enough to complain to Ford about, particularly as we used Forscan to enable it.
Mine does the same but I'm also in a Badlands with it enabled with Forscan.

I just leave it in 4A 100% of the time anyway so it doesn't matter, but curious if its a Badlands\Forscan specific behavior.

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine will stay in 4A after switching out of Sport. I just push the 2H button on the selector dial or leave it in 4A.

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have sport mode from the factory OBX. It automatically goes to 4A thatā€™s just how itā€™s setup. Now I havenā€™t shut it off i. Sport mode to see if it stays in 4A.
I dislike sport mode itā€™s too jumpy For my in town commute. Sounds like Iā€™m driving a stick and forgot how to shift lol.
On that note I sure wish ford would push an update so that it stays in the mode you left it in.

If I remember Iā€™ll try it on the way home and see if it stays when I restart.

Last edited:

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can Forscan prevent it from automatically going to 4A? I have to keep turning it off since it ain't wet and slick out yet....
Why does it matter if it isnā€™t Bc wet or slick. 4A can run all the time.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why does it matter if it isnā€™t Bc wet or slick. 4A can run all the time.
I figure why run the 4wd components when not needed? And likely makes worse mileage?

Sponsored

nottinbe

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I figure why run the 4wd components when not needed? And likely makes worse mileage?
I've actually been getting better mileage in 4A. I was talking to some off-rodeo guides a few weeks ago and they said during their training the Ford engineers said 4A was designed to be able to run fulltime for the life of the vehicle, and will not negatively affect gas mileage. I asked why it doesn't just default to 4A for vehicles equipped with 4A... they had no answer.

Chelada

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That appears to be the default behavior on engine start when going from Sport mode to Normal. If I forget to press "Ok" to confirm I want to stay in Sport mode, it'll stay in Normal with 4A engaged. At this point you can leave it on 4A or manually switch back to 2H.

ejsbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have an OB with 4A. My experience is the same as Chelada. If I shut down in Sport Mode, then upon restart I donā€™t press Ok to return to Sport Mode, Iā€™m in Normal but 4A still remains engaged. While 2 of us may not be a statistically sufficient sample size, I had always presumed that occurrence wasnā€™t a malfunction but rather how itā€™s designed.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ya its definitely a bug. Mine does it for Sport and Slippery too.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I havenā€™t seen any difference in my mileage for extended runs in 4A and the driveline west is negligible because it would only be engaging intermittently.
Sponsored