Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ok tried it at lunch works the same. Shut off in sport when I went to leave you get the pop up to return to sport mode I declined and it stays in 4a. So it is programmed that way and not anything you did with forscan.
Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I figure why run the 4wd components when not needed? And likely makes worse mileage?
The Bronco does not have disconnecting hubs like the F150/F250. So your turning the 4wd components anyway ( unless you have a non advanced transfer case. The there is a disconnect on the front axle but it still does not disengage the cv axles from the hubs). All the 4A magic is in the transfer case having clutches and at the ready if the system sees rear wheel slip.

dimasin

Black Diamond
First Name
Dimasin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My Black Diamond with SAS and manual transmission did exactly same thing yesterday. It has Sport Mode. I turned it on and then turned back to Normal while idling at the intersection. Does it have to be with parking brake engaged in order to shift back into 2HI?

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Black Diamond with SAS and manual transmission did exactly same thing yesterday. It has Sport Mode. I turned it on and then turned back to Normal while idling at the intersection. Does it have to be with parking brake engaged in order to shift back into 2HI?
No...I have MT also and have never used parking brake when switching 4wd modes. Nothing really "shifts" when it goes from 4A to 2H(even tho the dash says so)

OP
OP

taperunner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok tried it at lunch works the same. Shut off in sport when I went to leave you get the pop up to return to sport mode I declined and it stays in 4a. So it is programmed that way and not anything you did with forscan.
Thanks for testing on a rig that didn’t use forscan! I didn’t really think it would be an issue I was just curious if it was a forscan gremlin.

Sponsored

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine stays in 4A after using slippery the day prior. I have not used Forscan.

CeeCeeBronco

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
CeeCee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have sport mode from the factory OBX. It automatically goes to 4A that’s just how it’s setup. Now I haven’t shut it off i. Sport mode to see if it stays in 4A.
I dislike sport mode it’s too jumpy For my in town commute. Sounds like I’m driving a stick and forgot how to shift lol.
On that note I sure wish ford would push an update so that it stays in the mode you left it in.

If I remember I’ll try it on the way home and see if it stays when I restart.
It does stay in the mode, somewhat. It will prompt you to ask if you want to stay in "blank" mode at startup.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Right, but I'm saying that after using sport mode in 4A, I parked the car for the night. This morning I got it and if defaulted back to Normal but stayed in 4A. I believe Normal should use 2H
That's normal behavior. My OBX always has been this way, even before FORSCAN.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
BTW, the way the 4A transfer case works is that the computer adjusts the clutch pack to be right on the edge of engagement, then will adjust the clutch pack as needed to the conditions up to 50 Hz.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have sport mode from the factory OBX. It automatically goes to 4A that’s just how it’s setup. Now I haven’t shut it off i. Sport mode to see if it stays in 4A.
I dislike sport mode it’s too jumpy For my in town commute. Sounds like I’m driving a stick and forgot how to shift lol.
On that note I sure wish ford would push an update so that it stays in the mode you left it in.

If I remember I’ll try it on the way home and see if it stays when I restart.
I don't think they're allowed to do that. It has to default into the epa-tested mode.

Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't think they're allowed to do that. It has to default into the epa-tested mode.
Most of the time it’s eco mode in leave it in🤣. I Jesus that I have seconds to say ok. I’m putting my belt on putting coffee in the cup holders. There has got to be a forscan code for this like with the headlights you can have it remember where you put them or reset every ignition cycle.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Right, but I'm saying that after using sport mode in 4A, I parked the car for the night. This morning I got it and if defaulted back to Normal but stayed in 4A. I believe Normal should use 2H
Okay ok thread but

Staying in 4A is normal. Defaulting to Normal is also normal. These are factory settings and even unlocking the options with forscan still utilizes default settings. If you were in 4A when ypu shut off vehicle you will be in 4A next time you start. If in Sport when you dhug off you will be in normal when you restart although over short periods of time it should ask if you want to return to Sport so hit the OK button

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mine does the same thing. I’d call it a bug but not enough to complain to Ford about, particularly as we used Forscan to enable it.
My Wildtrak does this also - and it came with Sport Mode. When I switch on (or press 'OK' to keep in) Sport mode (at startup), it always switches back to '4A' (if not already there), but like suggested, I just press '2H' or just leave it in '4A'.

I really like how Sport Mode wakes up the 2.7, just feels WAY better.
Sponsored