First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI, Bronco Badlands (SAS)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Back on the road. Fuel tank was emptied. New fuel was added, oil was changed, spark plugs were changed and fuel rails were flushed five times until all the diesel was out. Drove it about 45 miles so far. No problems. Ill post another update after i drop the bill off at the gas station.

Invoice at my Ford dealer was $1,287
Good to hear! That's some terrible luck. Hopefully, the Dump and Pump comes through and actually reimburses you. I assume they will then pass the buck onto the dumbass Oil company that filled the tank.
Sponsored

Saw4Fire

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You would be amazed at how often it happens.
Typically the gas station's insurance covers it.

CodaMojo

Wildtrak
First Name
Coda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG Wildtrack, 2014 Ford Escape, 2010 350z
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When OP's spidey senses fail and there is F@ckery afoot at the full service pump...

TakeNoGuff

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Armada, Dodge Ram 2500 4x4, Soon Bronco BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey guys, unfortunately I stopped for fuel on Sunday and had my Bronco filled up with super unleaded. (full service station) Unknown to anyone there was a mix up when the fuel was delivered and the delivery guy put diesel in the underground tank. I only made it a half mile up the road when i lost power and got check engine light. The vehicle had to be towed into my Ford dealership. I will keep everyone updated on the repairs, the cost anything else. The Ford technician said the tank needed to be drained and filled with fresh fuel, oil changed and new spark plugs. Good thing for me, the gas station told me they will cover everything 100% towing, repairs and the fuel I purchased.

CA79B08B-CCA0-44A4-9E9F-6E5553FF29A0.jpeg

DD447068-6E68-474B-9543-6BDA242C86F7.png

39732C3B-5D18-4D66-8E42-6B6B62AD6501.png
It's a lot better to get Diesel in your gas tank than Gas in a Diesel tank.

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey guys, unfortunately I stopped for fuel on Sunday and had my Bronco filled up with super unleaded. (full service station) Unknown to anyone there was a mix up when the fuel was delivered and the delivery guy put diesel in the underground tank. I only made it a half mile up the road when i lost power and got check engine light. The vehicle had to be towed into my Ford dealership. I will keep everyone updated on the repairs, the cost anything else. The Ford technician said the tank needed to be drained and filled with fresh fuel, oil changed and new spark plugs. Good thing for me, the gas station told me they will cover everything 100% towing, repairs and the fuel I purchased.

CA79B08B-CCA0-44A4-9E9F-6E5553FF29A0.jpeg

DD447068-6E68-474B-9543-6BDA242C86F7.png

39732C3B-5D18-4D66-8E42-6B6B62AD6501.png
Noooo!! Unfreaking believable. That fuel tank filler owes an explanation on how this happened. What a shame.

Super good your fuel bill is getting reimbursed, too...you wanted gas, not a stranded rig. Glad to read they will cover costs.

Hope you're back in the drivers seat soon!

Sponsored

Lolife

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the exact thing happen too me about 15 years ago to my Explorer.... The gas station also accepted guilt and repair costs.... the Dealer though didnt find all the damage... they missed the fact that i actually had a fire in my composit intake and it melted a hole in it allowing air to enter. The dealer then wanted ME to foot the bill for the repair and cost of a new intake... I just filled the hole myself and NEVER delt with that dealer again! EVER! Varsity Ford Ann Arbor MI.

GETSCHWIFTY

First Name
Rick Sanchez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It will be fine, the opposite wouldn’t be good.
I had this happen with someone with a work vehicle. Threw gasoline in the diesel. I can’t remember how we resolved it. I THINK we kept the damn thing running and added diesel periodically until everything burned through the system.

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had this happen with someone with a work vehicle. Threw gasoline in the diesel. I can’t remember how we resolved it. I THINK we kept the damn thing running and added diesel periodically until everything burned through the system.
🤦

rmanecke

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
83CJ / 87YJ Mashup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought a tank full of WATER or contaminated gas once (filled up, car suddenly died going down the road - shop said it looked like water and thought I had gotten bad gas). Same routine to flush it and change the plugs and it was o.k. - but the gas station denied any wrongdoing.

Okinawajoe

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302, 2013 Focus ST, 2004 F-250 4x4 diese
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Back on the road. Fuel tank was emptied. New fuel was added, oil was changed, spark plugs were changed and fuel rails were flushed five times until all the diesel was out. Drove it about 45 miles so far. No problems. Ill post another update after i drop the bill off at the gas station.

Invoice at my Ford dealer was $1,287
Some nice upper cylinder lube! My diesel used to love 2 stroke oil, one ounce per gallon, every other tank.
Glad it's fixed, expensive mistake.

Sponsored

KKCrunch

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wouldn’t sign off on anything where the gas stations responsibility is concerned until you have driven your rig for a good long while after the initial repairs are done. This same thing happened to a friend of mine with an F150 he considered his baby and the truck was never the same after this occured. After two years of fixing all sorts of misc stuff to try and get it running correctly again he ended up scrapping it because he couldn’t get anything for a trade in for it.

Aaeros

Wildtrak
First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Diesel fuel in a regular tank just needs to be drained. If it was the otherway around, then you have some serious issues. You should be fine.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You would be amazed at how often it happens.
Typically the gas station's insurance covers it.
Maybe the tanker trucks needs the different sizes nozzles on them that prevent diesel from going into a gas tank like our vehicles have :).

getoutside72

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru Outback Limited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

tedweb

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, KIA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This happened to my 1989 Ford Probe. Aside from a few obnoxious backfires, that thing ran great afterwards.
Sponsored