First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Platinum, 2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
glad the gas station is owning up to it. this has been my biggest fear as the bronco is the only non diesel i've owed in the last 7 years even my wifes car is a diesel and she is so used to going to the green pump
a diesel nozzle wonā€™t fit into a gasoline cars fill.
the only way you would ever have that happen is if the station had the incorrect nozzle on the diesel pump.
Sponsored

BroncoMax21

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

the only way you would ever have that happen is if the station had the incorrect nozzle on the diesel pump.
This. Tried it once.
Don't know if that's universal (probably?) or only North Carolina

BootyWizard

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 Door Wildtrak | 1994 Toyota 4Runner.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are gasoline and diesel pumps different nationwide? In California, they're different, but I remember when I visited Orlando, Florida in 2017, the pumps had the same nozzles still.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad you got it sorted. The car will be fine.

We owned a gas station when I was a kid, we got a hole in the regular tank (back then you had regular, unleaded, and diesel) and we were pumping pure water into cars. We killed about 10 that morning, it was a mess. They all made it about 300 yards from the station before dying on side of the highway. We towed them all back, drained the water, flushed out the carbs (this was 1982 so before widespread FI) and sent them on their way. People were pissed!

Putting diesel into motorcycles is not uncommon. The MC tank fill hole is pretty big so if you're not paying attention it's not too hard to fill it with diesel.

Back in the day our diesel handle was green and the nozzle was quite a bit bigger than the regular one, unleaded was the smallest of the three. And our diesel island was separate from the other pumps, like 30 yards away separate. Now a days you have to be careful as often they are all on the same pump island.

We never had the transport driver mess up the dump though, that would have been a nightmare.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jeff587

Jeff587

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here we go. 60 miles later i got a check engine light. Catalytic converter efficiency code. Seems like i need new cats.

72798B6F-52D2-4E69-8812-4AD3FDD062C8.png

OP
OP
Jeff587

Jeff587

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think there's going to be more to this story, so I'm watching this thread.
Yes! You are right. 60 miles later i have a check engine light, catalytic converter efficiency below an acceptable level

MrWindowsAZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013/2018 Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Odd, because I thought the fuel filler neck for Diesel was the same size as that for old, leaded fuel, and that the Unleaded filler neck was narrower. Perhaps that is a peculiar West Coast thing?

BillieB

Outer Banks
First Name
Billie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler & F350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I donā€™t see why the plugs have to be changed. Iā€™d think just some fuel system components.
I think that's common. I accidentally put diesel in my mower and we had to change out the plugs.

Sponsored

351W-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1969 Bronco, 2001 Excursion (7.3L)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Keep track of ALL related expenses. If you need to rent a car, keep the receipts and associated fuel receipts. The station's insurance should be covering a rental car for you as long as it takes to get your Bronco back on the road in 100% condition. You might want to ask about them covering the cost of an extended warranty as well.

Herb

OP
OP
Jeff587

Jeff587

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Odd, because I thought the fuel filler neck for Diesel was the same size as that for old, leaded fuel, and that the Unleaded filler neck was narrower. Perhaps that is a peculiar West Coast thing?
They put the wrong fuel in the wrong tank in the ground
Sponsored