Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Europe has wide range of great small diesel s from 3 cylinder on up I'm all for ev but me don't have the infrastructure for us all to convert
I hear ya. Although, Europe is being forced over to electric in the next few years. They’re going all in. Be interesting to see how that fails works out.
Sponsored

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
Older diesels used to get good mileage, newer ones not so much. Used to drive both a Ford and a Dodge rollback back in the 90's and you could get 17-18 mpg loaded up, guy I worked for now has late model rollbacks both Ford and Dodge and you are lucky to get 10 mpg out of them loaded up. This is mainly due to emission controls, these can be removed but if you do remove them there goes your warranty.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Diesel is dead. EV is the new hotness. I don’t see Ford putting any effort into new diesel vehicles. Heck, I don’t think we’ll see much development on ICE engines either. Stock market wants EV, so Ford will appease them. :(
I’d submit it’s the gubment that wants EV’s. It certainly isn’t the consumer currently with 2-3% of market.

The stock market moves with government policy and dollars. Among other things.

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Older diesels used to get good mileage, newer ones not so much. Used to drive both a Ford and a Dodge rollback back in the 90's and you could get 17-18 mpg loaded up, guy I worked for now has late model rollbacks both Ford and Dodge and you are lucky to get 10 mpg out of them loaded up. This is mainly due to emission controls, these can be removed but if you do remove them there goes your warranty.
I owned a 2005 Ram with the 5.9 Cummins. Best vehicle I ever had. We bought it used, owned it for 8 years and put 100K+ miles on it. Sold it for more than we paid for it. Then we "upgraded" to a 2014 with the 6.7. Got tired of the poor MPG, DEF and constant Check Engine Lights so sold that (also for more than we paid). Settled for a gas F-150 and quite happy! Looking forward to our Bronco now--soon, we hope!

Kramku1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I hear ya. Although, Europe is being forced over to electric in the next few years. They’re going all in. Be interesting to see how that fails works out.
😲 Worse ,transport minister hinted that they want everyone to give up personal transport altogether.

Sponsored

Kramku1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

😲 Worse ,transport minister hinted that they want everyone to give up personal transport altogether.
Glad I left 24 years ago I can see the writing on the wall for UK take all their cars and then charge a premium for public transport 😠

Kramku1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Now if we say Diesel is $3.00 a gallon my previous comment works

@$3.00 a gallon the cost per 15K miles is $1,607 on a vehicle getting 28MPG.

So....

So in essence you save $100 a year, which means it will take 45 years to recoup your costs. 45 years at 15,000 miles a year would be 675,000 miles driven.

Spare to guess how much that would cost to keep the emissions equipment in check for that long if the normal modern diesel truck can barely go 150,000 miles without $15,000 in repairs?
Worth it to not keep stopping at every other gas station 🤠

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm originally from the UK slays me that people generally think they are slow and smelly
Yea, it’s like the 1980s Mercedes diesels are what a lot of people have in their head.