Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want a diesel. If there was an option I would have paid a premium for it. I have had a couple stints at Ford where I got to work on the 6.7 and that was awesome, Diesels are just plain cool. V8's sound cool, unless they are sitting next to a diesel. Any arrangement of diesel cylinders sounds better to me than any arrangement of gasser cylinders. Diesels are just plain better too (shots fired), torque, peak cylinder pressure, BSFC, power delivery, boost, fuel versatility. I understand people are worried about emissions but if its not 2006 anymore then its only fair for me to point out its also not 2010 anymore. The systems have been worked out pretty dang well. When my Bronco eventually gets converted to a fully built rig (like tube chassis built) it will have a homebuilt diesel engine.

All that said, the 3.0 powerstroke is a joke. I am not proud that Ford half assed a simple update to an aging land rover platform. It can't hold a candle to the engineering behind the 6.7. I would much rather see a modular family built off the 6.7 like a 5.0 I-6 or 3.5l I-4 or at least scaled down to a 3/4 liter I-6 using similar port/powercylinder design.

If it wasn't so dang heavy and old my dream build would have an 8V53 Detroit Diesel
Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
If I lived outside the smog control area of the state, I'd get a diesel in a heartbeat. But I don't.

I won't even own a pre ODB-II truck for the same reason. Royal PITA come smog check time.

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So a diesel option for more torque? The towing capacity is already low, possibly artificially low. So you won't get more towing capacity and even if you did you couldn't use much more because of vehicle size. The price increase would be huge I am sure over the Ecoboost engines. Also tuning DEs is becoming super limited because of regulations regardless of state living in.

Options are nice but remember this is assembly line manufacturing. The more options in one area usually means less options somewhere else or substantial increase in cost for all the options.

Will we see a V8, no, unless in warthog and unlikely still.
Diesel, no, no true gain to justify price.
Electric version yes because of subsidies and current drive.

You always have the OPTION to add whatever you want aftermarket. If it is truly that important to you make the switch and pay the cost. This is the best part about capitalism. Someone can and will do it for you.

Sponsored
OP
OP
NotaVegetarian

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really would like to see a diesel option

ekim

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Modern diesels with their emissions systems are not designed to be idled for long periods of time (all day) - at least as far as I can tell. If you intend to do lots of trail riding then you may find you're replacing expensive emissions systems (like DPF filter) way more often than you would like.

I would also offer that the computer would track idle time and could easily envision warranty claims being denied for "excessive idle times".

OP
OP
NotaVegetarian

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Modern diesels with their emissions systems are not designed to be idled for long periods of time (all day) - at least as far as I can tell. If you intend to do lots of trail riding then you may find you're replacing expensive emissions systems (like DPF filter) way more often than you would like.

I would also offer that the computer would track idle time and could easily envision warranty claims being denied for "excessive idle times".
Would like to have the option of a diesel.

Kramku1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would live a diesel. I hate that Ford uses diesels worldwide but only 2 Diesel engines are available in the US.
I'm originally from the UK slays me that people generally think they are slow and smelly

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Never. Ford just killed the diesel option in the F150 in favor of the hybrid. Other than the Super Duty, I don't think Ford offers any other non-commercial vehicles with a diesel motor in the US anymore. We will see a hybrid before a diesel option.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Come on ford when can I order a 2 door diesel (perhaps i-4 2.5)
Diesel is dead. EV is the new hotness. I donā€™t see Ford putting any effort into new diesel vehicles. Heck, I donā€™t think weā€™ll see much development on ICE engines either. Stock market wants EV, so Ford will appease them. :(

Kramku1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Diesel is dead. EV is the new hotness. I donā€™t see Ford putting any effort into new diesel vehicles. Heck, I donā€™t think weā€™ll see much development on ICE engines either. Stock market wants EV, so Ford will appease them. :(
Ford Europe has wide range of great small diesel s from 3 cylinder on up I'm all for ev but me don't have the infrastructure for us all to convert

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend