Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 peronal (me and wife) 1 company
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

• Banned
Hey Guys, sorry if this has already been answered.
I searched the threads and really couldnt find a direct answer.

if i were to compare the Black Diamond and the Badlands, both with the Sasquatch Package, is the only difference the sway bar disconnect and the availability of the high and lux package? I am trying to justify the 6k difference in MSRP. I would love to have the Badlands, but dont see anything outside of those options being the difference. Sway Bar disconnect is not a must have.
Am I missing something?
Sponsored

BroncoPVC

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,Sas, 4dr, Soft Top, Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's kind of where I'm at too. My reservation is for a Badlands but I too might just go with Black Diamond. I'll just have to try to find the Badlands grill and lights after the fact.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Signature lighting, grille, and all the other options you can add to Badlands with High and Lux.
This Chart shows all the options.

Attachments

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Badlands also has signature lighting with LED tail lights, plus the option for the Shadow black painted hard top.

The differences are minimal once you Squatch out a Black Diamond. However, the proof will be in the pudding. Squatch on a BD is going to be substantially more expensive than on Badlands......

Personally, i'm expecting the pricing of packages and especially Squatch to be dynamic by trim level and level the playing field a bit more so BD+Squatch is realllllly close to Badlands price rather than looking like a clear winner.

Sponsored
OP
OP
rdperez9411

rdperez9411

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 peronal (me and wife) 1 company
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

• Banned
Hey Guys, sorry if this has already been answered.
I searched the threads and really couldnt find a direct answer.

if i were to compare the Black Diamond and the Badlands, both with the Sasquatch Package, is the only difference the sway bar disconnect and the availability of the high and lux package? I am trying to justify the 6k difference in MSRP. I would love to have the Badlands, but dont see anything outside of those options being the difference. Sway Bar disconnect is not a must have.
Am I missing something?
Signature lighting, grille, and all the other options you can add to Badlands with High and Lux.
This Chart shows all the options.
Badlands also has signature lighting with LED tail lights, plus the option for the Shadow black painted hard top.

The differences are minimal once you Squatch out a Black Diamond. However, the proof will be in the pudding. Squatch on a BD is going to be substantially more expensive than on Badlands......

Personally, i'm expecting the pricing of packages and especially Squatch to be dynamic by trim level and level the playing field a bit more so BD+Squatch is realllllly close to Badlands price rather than looking like a clear winner.

Thanks everyone, this is exactly what i was looking for. it appears that until i know the actual price of the sasquatch package i wont be able to make that decision. Sway bar disconnect is not a must have. and i really dont care too much about the differences in grills and lights. This will be the FIRST brand new vehicle (possibly the last lol) i ever purchase and i just want to make the most educated decision.

I really appreciate all the quick responses!

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also, don't know for sure, but Badlands could get body match roof option, and painted black option, and Black Diamond you might be stuck with only the MIC Gray roof? If you are going soft top, it won't matter.

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Looks like the biggest difference on a few bronco trims is just paying for the ability to pay for more stuff. If you want all the new tech you gotta get higher trim before you can option it. I mean base bronco is basically just lack of ability to add any factory packages except Sasquatch. Black diamond is a badlands without the sway bar disconnect and without the ability to add high or lux package. Also the goat modes are bit different, black diamond gets sport while badlands gets Baja. But otherwise yea once you add squatch to both the standard features are the same. And you can add the mid package to both. The only if is standalone options, what might be limited from adding to black diamond vs badlands there if anything.

Reactions: DHC

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Black Diamond also lacks the front locking diff and has steel wheels instead of the alloy. I prefer not having the automatic sway bar disconnect but I do want front lockers so I'm going with the sasquatch.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not that its a major deal, for some it might be, but all indications to date seem to be that Badlands gets the orange/yellow interior accent colors and BD gets the electric blue color regardless of whatever interior seat color option there may be

Sponsored

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
FRONT LOCKERS. I think Badlands has them standard and it would be a la carte on Black Diamond.

BL has bigger front axle, dunno if you can upgrade that on BD or if it would happen automatically with Sasquatch package.

BL has better shocks, again dunno if that can be a la carte or with Squatch.

gamma_j

Black Diamond
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Black Diamond also lacks the front locking diff and has steel wheels instead of the alloy. I prefer not having the automatic sway bar disconnect but I do want front lockers so I'm going with the sasquatch.
However, if you don't like the steelies, you can get high gloss painted aluminum wheels as an option. Since I don't need the front locker or any of the packages above mid, I think I'm going BD.