Sponsored

Differences between suspension lifting options - spacer lift vs. lift kit vs. perch collar, etc?

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sorry if this question has been discussed, but what are the differences between a spacer, lift kit, perch collar, etc?
Mainly, what option is best for on/off drive quality?

Currently on stock Sasquatch suspension with 17x9 -12mm wheels on OEM tires, wanting to go to 37x13.5.
Ford Bronco Differences between suspension lifting options - spacer lift vs. lift kit vs. perch collar, etc? 20220501_110456
Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
mikeeshim

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Iā€™m going to try the 1.5ā€ body lift soon to be released by Broncbuster. Suspension is not touched at all, travel not affected, nor is geometry, and should allow 37s if you currently have Sasquatch

OP
OP
mikeeshim

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Iā€™m going to try the 1.5ā€ body lift soon to be released by Broncbuster. Suspension is not touched at all, travel not affected, nor is geometry, and should allow 37s if you currently have Sasquatch
I worry about the body lift.
Everything I read about it says not to do it unless all I want to do is get bigger tires.
But I do hit the dirt and small rocks at least once a month and not sure this is the right choice for me.

Sponsored

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Iā€™m coming from the perspective that Iā€™m good with the suspension I have for now(Sasquatch). Body lift doesnā€™t have any of the negatives of perch collar, spacer or lift kit, so I feel that itā€™s the safest route. If I was on stock , non-Sasquatch suspension, Iā€™d do a lift kit first

JustmeGee

Outer Banks
First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Might try this as well
I think its available now
is this what your talking about
BroncBooster Body Lift

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Might try this as well
I think its available now
is this what your talking about
BroncBooster Body Lift
Yeah thatā€™s the one. Supposedly the 1.5 lift doesnā€™t require any additional relocations, harnesses etc, but we will see. Iā€™ve pre-ordered it

JustmeGee

Outer Banks
First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah thatā€™s the one. Supposedly the 1.5 lift doesnā€™t require any additional relocations, harnesses etc, but we will see. Iā€™ve pre-ordered it
Cool good luck
Let us know how it goes
Thanks

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry if this question has been discussed, but what are the differences between a spacer, lift kit, perch collar, etc?
Mainly, what option is best for on/off drive quality?

Currently on stock Sasquatch suspension with 17x9 -12mm wheels on OEM tires, wanting to go to 37x13.5.
Ford Bronco Differences between suspension lifting options - spacer lift vs. lift kit vs. perch collar, etc? 20220501_110456

Your other option besides the body lift would be these.

.......a bit more expensive but they will make room for 37s without a lift kit or spacers.

Sponsored
OP
OP
mikeeshim

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Your other option besides the body lift would be these.

.......a bit more expensive but they will make room for 37s without a lift kit or spacers.
Well, I've been looking into these just for the looks but if it spares me from having to life the rig, this may be the perfect solution.
I've been reading that lifting puts additional stress on the tie rods, and once you brace the tie rods, stress is added to the steering rack, and once that's reinforced, something else will be affected.
If I didn't have an FE, I wouldn't mind breaking things but I'm trying to keep as much of the OEM parts as I can, so thanks for this.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, I've been looking into these just for the looks but if it spares me from having to life the rig, this may be the perfect solution.
I've been reading that lifting puts additional stress on the tie rods, and once you brace the tie rods, stress is added to the steering rack, and once that's reinforced, something else will be affected.
If I didn't have an FE, I wouldn't mind breaking things but I'm trying to keep as much of the OEM parts as I can, so thanks for this.

From what I have seen 37s will fit no lift, but have some rub. These fenders give you an additional 1" of clearance in the wheel opening. The JKS high clearance kit will get rid of the front crash bar mount as well, this is where most of the rub is at.
Sponsored