Sponsored

Different mod bumper end caps for SAS and badlands?!

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was looking at some pics posted this morning and noticed that there might be different end caps for both the SAS and the Badlands mod bumpers. The SAS bumper looks to have endcaps that are about an inch wider. I'm going to try to find some pics of the latest front ends for these unless someine beats me to it... Or has this already been wildly know and I clue in....

Edit.. pics included. SAS .
Ford Bronco Different mod bumper end caps for SAS and badlands?! 20210604_140707_compress54

Badlands.
Ford Bronco Different mod bumper end caps for SAS and badlands?! PSX_20210427_150954
Sponsored

Last edited:

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wider to match the fender flares, I do believe. Also think itā€™s a well known thing.

OP
OP
SnowBronco

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wider to match the fender flares, I do believe. Also think itā€™s a well known thing.
Maybe so, but I dont think I ever saw it mentioned when I was weighing the options/ difference when deciding to SAS or not to SAS. I was so close. Haha. This coulda pushed me over the edge. Lol
Mind you in this pic they look the same?! The flare looks to stick out past the end cap on this SAS...
Ford Bronco Different mod bumper end caps for SAS and badlands?! PSX_20210605_114152

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I donā€™t know what youā€™re seeing. Front Mod bumper end caps look all the same to me.

Rear bumper filler piece is different for Sas.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe so, but I dont think I ever saw it mentioned when I was weighing the options/ difference when deciding to SAS or not to SAS. I was so close. Haha. This coulda pushed me over the edge. Lol
Mind you in this pic they look the same?! The flare looks to stick out past the end cap on this SAS...
Ford Bronco Different mod bumper end caps for SAS and badlands?! PSX_20210605_114152
Beautiful pic! From this angle I canā€™t see the MIC top and can imagine it as what mine will look like with the Mod top

Sponsored
OP
OP
SnowBronco

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I donā€™t know what youā€™re seeing. Front Mod bumper end caps look all the same to me.

Rear bumper filler piece is different for Sas.
I don't know man... Haha. Maybe I need more coffee... Or it the angles. In a couple of pics the SAS end caps looked about an inch wider to me. I will say I've spent waaaay to much time on here looking for new pics on my days off this week... Ugh lol

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know man... Haha. Maybe I need more coffee... Or it the angles. In a couple of pics the SAS end caps looked about an inch wider to me. I will say I've spent waaaay to much time on here looking for new pics on my days off this week... Ugh lol
I really donā€™t think theyā€™re different. Every single Bronco pic Iā€™ve seen, the Sas flares extend outside the mod bumper while the standard flares are equal to the edge.

Even in the pics you posted show this.

Whatā€™s even more confounding to me is how @Erock seems to agree with you and says itā€™s a ā€œwell known thing.ā€

You two playing a prank on me?

;)

OP
OP
SnowBronco

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really donā€™t think theyā€™re different. Every single Bronco pic Iā€™ve seen, the Sas flares extend outside the mod bumper while the standard flares are equal to the edge.

Even in the pics you posted show this.

Whatā€™s even more confounding to me is how @Erock seems to agree with you and says itā€™s a ā€œwell known thing.ā€

You two playing a prank on me?

;)
Haha no pranks.... I think he might be talking about the rears... And I might be blind.... Would be a decent prank tho considering this is definitely something that you'd comment on haha

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What color is that....Is that Velocity Blue? I have not been a fan of that color in general, but from this angle it looks awesome.....If that is the color that is šŸ˜Š

Sponsored

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But, but, what ifā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.?
Sheesh. We need our Broncos so we can stop hypothesizing.
How many angels CAN dance on the head of a pin?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Iā€™m taking those caps off at the dealer, so wonā€™t matter for me either way.

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜94 M998, ā€˜89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But, but, what ifā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.?
Sheesh. We need our Broncos so we can stop hypothesizing.
How many angels CAN dance on the head of a pin?
But thatā€™s all we have! That and jumping down someoneā€™s throat when they ask a repeated question or post about a Jeep in the other vehicles thread.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Iā€™ve thought about this. Your mind wants you to think Ford went the extra mile and designed the bumper cap to be extended on the sas to match the width without retooling most of the bumper. But from photos Iā€™ve seen all front bumpers (mod or not) are the same width and slightly fall short on full width of the sas. What Ford looks like they decided to do is have the sas front flares curve in more so they are shallower where they meet the bumper...whereas the non sas front flares donā€™t bow out as much

...and of course, in the rear, ford added that little modular piece at the end cap (which weā€™ve know about since day 1)

Ford Bronco Different mod bumper end caps for SAS and badlands?! 8E083DFA-A0D4-4CA9-A125-4D353957A6CE

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I swear weā€™ve debunked this one before. šŸ˜‚
Sponsored