First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What rear-end gear you running in truck? Its made it a higher gear now as well.
I don’t recall the gear ratio but yeah I understand the math. With the coyote it has no problem with acceleration. My GPS speed is 5mph faster than indicated.

I’m not having an issue with my setup, only relaying my experience to help the OP in their decision.
Sponsored

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Then I go back to the BB 2.7 mod modular bumper, mid, switches SQ and its $500 cheaper then BD and under $50k. So hard to decide.
Not to make the choice more difficult but to me MGV is worth the $500 difference. I’ve done these build comparisons 100’s of times myself lol

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not to make the choice more difficult but to me MGV is worth the $500 difference. I’ve done these build comparisons 100’s of times myself lol
I wish we knew the sound deadening qualities of the options and models. I know it’s not a priority to everyone, but the more muted and overall quieter, the more live able a vehicle is for me. I want the rubber floor and could live with the vinyl seats if the overall vehicle has similar sound deadening. Then you get the weird issues in B&P where you can’t get the sound deadening for the top on certain combinations ?

Syphon

Black Diamond
First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ve seen a lot of post comparing trims as we get closer to December. Lots of great comments and advice.

my dilemma comes down to getting BD with or without Sasquatch. I like the looks of 35’s, but my rig will spend most of its time on road. My build is $50k with Sasquatch, which is higher than I wanted to spend, but I can make it work.

Plan B, is to go with the upgraded 17” alum wheels and add a 2” lift to give me the “look” I want, but keep cost down a few grand and prob better driving experience on road. BD is the only trim offering the upgraded wheels which has me thinking about taking advantage of this option to get best bang for my buck.

do I pay up for Sas, or go with plan B?
I understand your concern! I have been bouncing between the two also. I have come to the conclusion, for me, BD soft top, optional 17" wheels ( still up in the air with wheel choice), advance 4x4 to get the locking front diff, and maybe the mid package. This will keep initial price down but will give you time to check out aftermarket options and what else Ford will have for late availability. Yup. That is where I'm at! Also this way (to me) I'll be able to get to know my new Bronco and the real direction I would like to go.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I understand your concern! I have been bouncing between the two also. I have come to the conclusion, for me, BD soft top, optional 17" wheels ( still up in the air with wheel choice), advance 4x4 to get the locking front diff, and maybe the mid package. This will keep initial price down but will give you time to check out aftermarket options and what else Ford will have for late availability. Yup. That is where I'm at! Also this way (to me) I'll be able to get to know my new Bronco and the real direction I would like to go.
The advanced x-fee case includes the locking diff? That’s a great deal. That would make the SQ choice less relevant for me as 33” tires are my current best case. Where do you see that in B&P? I am sure I am missing it.

Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

upgraded wheels on bd are ugly imo
1604942065546.png
The BD is my choice and yeah the wheel choices suck. I am opting for the basic wheel as I have always planned to go to 18X9 FUEL "Crush" Wheels. Wheels and tires will be my first mod.
Ford Bronco Dilemma: Black Diamond with or without Sasquatch FuelCRUSH
Ford Bronco Dilemma: Black Diamond with or without Sasquatch FuelCRUSH

Syphon

Black Diamond
First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The advanced x-fee case includes the locking diff? That’s a great deal. That would make the SQ choice less relevant for me as 33” tires are my current best case. Where do you see that in B&P? I am sure I am missing it.
I believe so! At least that what I gather from the description of the advance 4x4. Am I wrong??? Let me know if I'm reading that wrong!?

Screenshot_20201110-115355.jpg

Syphon

Black Diamond
First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I believe so! At least that what I gather from the description of the advance 4x4. Am I wrong??? Let me know if I'm reading that wrong!?

Screenshot_20201110-115355.jpg
This is the 4x4 system that comes with the Sasquatch package. You can select it as an option without getting Sasquatch.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Dilemma: Black Diamond with or without Sasquatch Screenshot_20201110-115355
I just looked through B&P and the description of the options. It can send power locked front and rear, but I do not see any indication it includes the locking front axle. That is a heavier axle and locker. I only see the front locking axle on the WT, BL, FE and SQ package. It is cool the transfer case is available alone. It is not on the BB and one more reason to go BD if not doing SQ. I can go without the “full time “ 4wd option, but it’s nice to have and worth the $800 IMO. I also can’t find the roof height with SQ and roof rack. Adding on to what I can find makes it close to 80”

Sponsored

Syphon

Black Diamond
First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just looked through B&P and the description of the options. It can send power locked front and rear, but I do not see any indication it includes the locking front axle. That is a heavier axle and locker. I only see the front locking axle on the WT, BL, FE and SQ package. It is cool the transfer case is available alone. It is not on the BB and one more reason to go BD if not doing SQ. I can go without the “full time “ 4wd option, but it’s nice to have and worth the $800 IMO. I also can’t find the roof height with SQ and roof rack. Adding on to what I can find makes it close to 80”
LoL dam! I'm at a lost now!!! I'm also reading and they only refer to locking front diff in the models you listed. ??‍♂ But looking at the different models and the Sasquatch package itself, it lists the advance 4x4 and the rear diff as a different final drive ratio. ??‍♂ I don't know, way to keep it simple stupid!!!?

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LoL dam! I'm at a lost now!!! I'm also reading and they only refer to locking front diff in the models you listed. ??‍♂ But looking at the different models and the Sasquatch package itself, it lists the advance 4x4 and the rear diff as a different final drive ratio. ??‍♂ I don't know, way to keep it simple stupid!!!?
I agree it’s not clear, but I am pretty sure the locking front diff and larger axle are not included with the x-fer case upgrade. It would give you half of the equipment of SQ for 1/4 the price ? like everything else, I could be wrong for sure. I would be really biased towards the BD at that point. Everything but the flares, lift and 35s for less than $1k would be awesome and more in line with my ultimate stock build. Just add 33’s and your rocking a heavy duty and super capable vehicle and still under $50k.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It is just saying it has a real transfer case that locks both axles together and is not a mushy AWD t-case with a viscus coupling OR a transfer case with a third differential (like a lot of overseas 4wd's, Land Rover/Land Cruiser for example) And it is electric because A: it is 2020 and 4wd levers are scary and B: it is automatically engaging.

Locking rear diff with 4.46 gear stays the same with either t-case on my non 'Squatch build. ?‍♂

Last edited:

Syphon

Black Diamond
First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It is just saying it has a real transfer case that locks both axles together and is not a mushy AWD t-case with a viscus coupling OR a transfer case with a third differential (like a lot of overseas 4wd's, Land Rover/Land Cruiser for example) And it is electric because A: it is 2020 and 4wd levers are scary and B: it is automatically engaging.

Locking rear diff with 4.46 gear stays the same with either t-case on my non 'Squatch build. ?‍♂
Great, back to the drawing board ??
BD with some options or BL with no options....???
Sponsored