Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Great, back to the drawing board ??
BD with some options or BL with no options....???
Haha, I’m now at this point. If I go BL, I can keep it simple...4 dr, soft top, grey ring wheels, 2.7, tow, standard package.

I’m under $50k with a solid truck. Can always add to it later.
Sponsored

CycloneGT500

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

SQ is a great deal if you want the HD and lockable front axle, correct gearing and solid, well designed lift (if it comes with the upgraded x-case it's even better). If you want the looks for an or-road rig, BD and some leveling struts are probably a much more cost effective option up front. One other item to consider, I would guess the SQ package will hold its value better than a truck with AM lift and the lower options on gears and lockers. Pay now or pay later? :)

Bronco Build.jpeg
Hard to beat a factory lift. Nothing to void the warranty.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m going two door BD no sas. Mid, roof racks, basket with lighting, tent, and tube doors.

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like the idea about going with the steelies and adding an aftermarket rim with 33” tire.
I have a friend with a Raptor in Rapid Red. He just but Bronze wheels on it and it looks amazing! After the pics posted today, i am leaning towards RR and away from Area 51. Area 51 would also look great with Bronze wheels.
Me:
4 door hardtop
BD
no squatch.
$43,785 MSRP before any discounts..

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think I am down to two. Both 2.7, mid, hardtop, cactus gray. BD with upgraded transfer case and wheels or BB SQ. $2k difference if I buy 33” tires for the BD day 1. What do I get for $2k? 35” tires, factory lift, better gearing for larger tires, front locker and heavier axle. It’s really a better deal I think. Would be way more in aftermarket later for those mods.

Sponsored
OP
OP
CCBronco

CCBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a friend with a Raptor in Rapid Red. He just but Bronze wheels on it and it looks amazing! After the pics posted today, i am leaning towards RR and away from Area 51. Area 51 would also look great with Bronze wheels.
Me:
4 door hardtop
BD
no squatch.
$43,785 MSRP before any discounts..
I like it! Yeh I’ve seen white wranglers with the bronze wheels and they look great.
If I was going to go aftermarket wheels/tires...my build:

BD 4 door, Area 51, MIC hardtop(debating going soft), roof rails, brush guard, mid, 2.7, tow. I’m at $45,475 before discounts. Leaves plenty Of time to explore aftermarket wheels/tires and 1-2” lift or level.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think I am down to two. Both 2.7, mid, hardtop, cactus gray. BD with upgraded transfer case and wheels or BB SQ. $2k difference if I buy 33” tires for the BD day 1. What do I get for $2k? 35” tires, factory lift, better gearing for larger tires, front locker and heavier axle. It’s really a better deal I think. Would be way more in aftermarket later for those mods.
If you planned on ending up with a SQ equivalent then yeah you won't build one out of pocket for even the price of the package on its own.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I believe so! At least that what I gather from the description of the advance 4x4. Am I wrong??? Let me know if I'm reading that wrong!?

Screenshot_20201110-115355.jpg
Regarding "locked power", I'm going with, when in 4A, power is going to both rear and front when needed (locked) from the transfer case. I don't read this as actually locking the rear and front axles (lockers front and rear).

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
i think having the sasquatch package being warrantied from Ford is a big part in why im getting it. love having that piece of mind, and i dont feel like i'm asking for trouble like i do now when i roll up to the dealer in my lifted truck asking for warranty work or service lol
the front locker/axle upgrade is the other reason big why im getting it.

Sponsored

Syphon

Black Diamond
First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Regarding "locked power", I'm going with, when in 4A, power is going to both rear and front when needed (locked) from the transfer case. I don't read this as actually locking the rear and front axles (lockers front and rear).
Yep, looks like I read that wrong. Sucks, really wanted a front locker....

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like it! Yeh I’ve seen white wranglers with the bronze wheels and they look great.
If I was going to go aftermarket wheels/tires...my build:

BD 4 door, Area 51, MIC hardtop(debating going soft), roof rails, brush guard, mid, 2.7, tow. I’m at $45,475 before discounts. Leaves plenty Of time to explore aftermarket wheels/tires and 1-2” lift or level.
White wranglers with bronze wheels bring us back to the Golden Eagle and Daisy Duke... no need to say more. LOL!!!

OP
OP
CCBronco

CCBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I keep circling back to my original build:

BD 4 door, A51, mid, Sas, tow, mic - approx $50,100 before any discounts.

I feel like it’s the best combo of options on most competitive trim. They really do lure you in with the Sas and mid-package. Damn it!

snoopcat

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Ford Mustang, Mazda CX5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I keep circling back to my original build:

BD 4 door, A51, mid, Sas, tow, mic - approx $50,100 before any discounts.

I feel like it’s the best combo of options on most competitive trim. They really do lure you in with the Sas and mid-package. Damn it!
I am with you and then I think I am spending 50K and I don’t get the signature lights? Debating going with the BB SAS mid package for around 48K. Can change bumper and get Katzskins custom leather with my choice of color. Will end up at 50K but feel it might be better?

OP
OP
CCBronco

CCBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am with you and then I think I am spending 50K and I don’t get the signature lights? Debating going with the BB SAS mid package for around 48K. Can change bumper and get Katzskins custom leather with my choice of color. Will end up at 50K but feel it might be better?
That’s not a bad way to go. I’m actually a fan of the standard headlights, so that hasn’t swayed me one way or the other.

my second option is to not go Sas and look for wheels/tires aftermarket. BD has the rear locker which is all I need.

Third option is to go basic BL, with standard package and soft top, and upgraded grey rims. Gets me 33’s, better suspension, dash, lights etc and still <$50k
Sponsored