David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Have priced out 2-door versions and they're within a few hundred dollars. Really tough call. The main differences that I see are:

OBX w/ Sasquatch
Cloth seats, which I prefer, but don't love either of the Roast or Navy Pier options. The Roast-colored dash is an odd choice.
35" tires which are probably overkill, but I'm not interested in the stock 18" wheels. Definitely need sasquatch if I go with this trim level.

Badlands
MGV which is not my preference, but I like the color palette better than above.
33" tires which are the same as on the Jeep Rubicon, hence totally fine for my usage.
Bash plates, upgraded bumper.

What am I missing? Anyone else have this conundrum?
Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Shoot, I'm currently having a similar dilemma of OB Sasquatch vs FE. As far as I can figure out so far the only thing I lose is the swaybar disconnect. I REALLY want that disconnect, but OB means I can get an interior that's not absolutely fucking trash. The roast leather looks great.

OP
OP
DHC

DHC

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I know this is not going to be a direct answer, but what are you going to do with the vehicle? There are some pretty beneficial protection pieces involved in the Badlands if you are planning to get this thing in tight terrain. If it is going to be a mostly service road and beach/sand rig then I think you may lean back to the OB-squatch.
If I'm honest with myself, am unlikely to be in a situation where either the SAS or Badlands-specific bits are needed. There are some north Georgia mountain passes I'd like to run, but am not taking this thing up the Rubicon.

The differences between these two are ... at their heart ... cosmetic. 35" vs. 33" tires, interior color scheme.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have priced out 2-door versions and they're within a few hundred dollars. Really tough call. The main differences that I see are:

OBX w/ Sasquatch
Cloth seats, which I prefer, but don't love either of the Roast or Navy Pier options. The Roast-colored dash is an odd choice.
35" tires which are probably overkill, but I'm not interested in the stock 18" wheels. Definitely need sasquatch if I go with this trim level.

Badlands
33" tires which are the same as on the Jeep Rubicon, hence totally fine for my usage.

Katskin on the MGV and BLs is the clear winner.

Reactions: DHC

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was comparing a DiamondManSquatch and Badlands. Well other than late availability on the Diamond...assuming mid would appear as an option with manual on the BD. The shoot from the hip math comes around 500 more for the Badlands.

BL gets the hydro disconnect.
BD gets the bead lock rims and 35's.

I prefer 33's and when the 35's wear down would move to 33's. What did me in was taking a realistic view on the late availability beyond Sept/Oct of next year is just not preferable. There is no guarantee mid will be available on the BD either so Badlands it is.

Pricing is about what I expected. My goal was to be as close to 40k as I could and for what I am getting happy where I am over the 40k figure.

Sponsored

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Shoot, I'm currently having a similar dilemma of OB Sasquatch vs FE. As far as I can figure out so far the only thing I lose is the swaybar disconnect. I REALLY want that disconnect, but OB means I can get an interior that's not absolutely fucking trash. The roast leather looks great.
I have reservations for both and priced them out with near identical builds. OB came in about $3,500 less than FE. I don't think that the disconnect and decals are worth that much to me

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have reservations for both and priced them out with near identical builds. OB came in about $3,500 less than FE. I don't think that the disconnect and decals are worth that much to me
...and the OB had a roof rack and sideboards that are not available on the FE

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had never considered the OBX until this morning.

If the BD can't have a manual with the mid my whole plans changed. This will be moot if it is just a bug and not the actual case though.

A BD with the 2.7 auto and mid: $63,884cdn
A BL with the 2.3 manual and mid: $68,919
An OBX with with 2.7 auto, high leather and sasquatch: $66,834

I know these aren't apples to apples but they are what I would choose with each trim. Each have their pros and definitely have their cons. Interior is most of the cons. Prices are quite close however.

Glad i don't need to make a decision today.

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

OBX w/ Sasquatch

Badlands

I am going back and forth on the same type of builds btwn the OBX and BL. I actually like the OBX brown/black cloth seats but I am not sure about the desk. I am not a fan of the yellow trim in the BL but could live with it.

I wish Ford would let us pick interior accent colors or have them match the exterior color.

mikeheel

Wildtrak
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lovelikehateblog.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Azure Gray Wildtrak, BWM K1600B, Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I reserved a 4-door OBX but then decided I didn't like the wheel choice or the body-colored trim. I'm also not happy with the dash color options in the OBX. Sasquatch is overkill for me and would likely make the Bronco less fun. 90% of my driving will be paved roads. The rest would be split between light trails and sand. I don't do any rock crawling.

I want the lux package under any circumstance. And the 2.7L and automatic.

I like the idea of the washout interior and MGV seats, although I struggle a bit with concern about how configurable they'll be (I have several bad discs in my spine), but I think they'll either work well enough or I can add some aftermarket options to make them work well enough.

And I do like the idea of a somewhat more capable 4WD system. I may not be into rock crawling, but I do frequent light to moderate mountain trails and a decent amount of snow (for living in central NC, that is).

After playing with all trim levels, I've settled in on a Badlands in A51. I think that's where we'll stick.

BL will end up being about 1k more than the OBX, when set up the way I'd want them both. I think the "extra bits" the BL has in terms of suspension and tire setup is worth the extra.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I thought about switching to the BL because other than the orange accents, it's pretty boring (just black and grey). If you don't like the Rubber floors, you can add Leather and you'll get carpet. If you don't like Vinyl, you could add seat covers (aftermarket).

My Reservation was made with OBx simply because non-of us had any information at release so I basically picked one. Since then I am WT and unlike 99% of this board, I like the lighter colors because I hate Dark Interiors. But what I just can't swallow, is the OBx interior colors.

So it boils down to where you can tolerate the interior of the trim you has been hoping for, and if not, switching to BL is a safe choice.

The only thing I'm aware of that you will truly loose and can't "add" is the Fog Lights.

GeneralBoisvert

Badlands
First Name
Sheik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

OBX w/ Sasquatch

Badlands

What's the expected use of this build? Are you doing hard core off-roading (not wheeling), or wheeling, or overloading, or just basic dirt roads with it?

NoMansLand

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The BL has some additional bits that would really help with the more extreme low speed rock crawling you could find in your area, but if you are looking at cosmetic and like the big tire look than the OB with the sasquatch is going to give you the offset advantage over what would be a more nimble badlands.
I think the OB Sasquatch gives me everything I would need/want. I w like the looks of the bigger tires, but don't need all of the extra off-road stuff. Will 35" tires wear significantly more than 33s with everyday driving? I'm assuming a set of 35" mud tires is pretty expensive.

GeneralBoisvert

Badlands
First Name
Sheik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldn’t go with 35 M/Ts just because it looks good. Driving with 315”, 60lb mud tires on a daily that will never seems off-roading will cause you to hate your life.

Worse case just put some 33 K02s on your OB and that should be a fair compromise. An OB on 33s would be my ideal build, but I can’t get pass the interior.

Bauer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are you guys getting the High/Lux package for the OBX or Badlands?

Im having a hard time justifying a higher trim, especially since the base trims have nicer cloth seats.

If you’re getting the Sasquatch package all the hardware ends up being the same unless you need the sway bar disconnect in the badlands.
Sponsored