Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hang on let me grab an old invoice and show you....
Here is a window sticker and the invoice for that vehicle. I highlighted the part where it shows dealer installed. Hope this helps clarify.

20201001_144213.jpg

20201001_144154.jpg
Sponsored

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe for the Bronco it would be rolled into the price. The customer doesn't pay the dealer for install. Ford is paying. And Ford isn't going to pay the dealer without the customer paying Ford. Consider you purchase an accessory that costs $50 but install cost is $40... Ford isn't going to have net revenue of $10 after paying dealer to install, they're going to charge you $90...Not sure they have done something like this before.
Sorry, let me explain. If it is a dealer installed item, Ford does pay the dealership before the vehicle has even been purchased. As this is part of the PDI before the vehicle is even allowed to be offered for sale on the lot or to a customer whom has ordered it. If a customer says give me the item and I will bring it to my dealership or install it myself, well, Ford already paid the original dealership to install it. That being said if you grab that item and walk it to another dealer and say put this on for me, you will get a bill from the service department. Hopefully this clarifies my meaning of it being 2 different things.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry, let me explain. If it is a dealer installed item, Ford does pay the dealership before the vehicle has even been purchased. As this is part of the PDI before the vehicle is even allowed to be offered for sale on the lot or to a customer whom has ordered it. If a customer says give me the item and I will bring it to my dealership or install it myself, well, Ford already paid the original dealership to install it. That being said if you grab that item and walk it to another dealer and say put this on for me, you will get a bill from the service department. Hopefully this clarifies my meaning of it being 2 different things.
Correct. Thanks for the clarification as we were probably looking at it 2 different ways. My point was it's cheaper to order accessories when ordering your Bronco vs later since the install price is cheaper when Ford pays vs you paying later in this instant.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My point was it's cheaper to order accessories when ordering your Bronco vs later since the install price is cheaper when Ford pays vs you paying later in this instant.
For those items you want to install yourself, that do not affect warranty, and you don't care to roll into the financed amount, you can purchase those on your own later.

You could buy them from your dealers parts counter or from one of the online Ford dealers that offer discounts on parts and accessories.

Last edited:

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is awesome!

Seeing as how this is my first brand new car ever, and hence the first car I have ever ordered, and because of the fact that I'm a purist, and I so dont want ANY aftermarket accessories on my Ford Bronco, and I want them backed by a warranty, I plan on adding A LOT of accessories to my order.
Take my money Ford.

I want that factory 2.3 tune, the Warn winch, the console vault, and let me see what else here......

And Im even willing to wait if it causes a delay of my 4 door manual Sasquatch soft top. Area 51, I think.

Sponsored

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Correct. Thanks for the clarification as we were probably looking at it 2 different ways. My point was it's cheaper to order accessories when ordering your Bronco vs later since the install price is cheaper when Ford pays vs you paying later in this instant.
That can be correct depending on the item and dealership. I just wanted to be sure I was being clear and not coming off like an asshat. I would encourage people to check the cost of an item outside and as part of the build. In our store for most items we give better pricing than what is on the build. Not every time but most times.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That can be correct depending on the item and dealership. I just wanted to be sure I was being clear and not coming off like an asshat. I would encourage people to check the cost of an item outside and as part of the build. In our store for most items we give better pricing than what is on the build. Not every time but most times.
Do you think there will be any exclusivity placed on the Ford backed parts (say the front bumper bull bar for example) that would only allow purchase directly through the price and build right out out the gate? Do you know if the vendors making these parts for Ford have any limitations selling direct to the consumer?

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When you consider the difference between the two, consider the price you will be paying. As an example, purchased as an accessory, splash guards for the Explorer are $160. Buy them at MSRP through parts department they are only $100. You can see the additional $60 is the amount Ford will pay the dealer to do the installation.*

Ford Bronco DIO (Dealer Installed Options) Program Allows Bronco Accessories To Be Included In Purchase Price and Installed by Dealer 20201001_144154
It's hard to make sense of these labor credits. $10 to "install" a car cover? (Open trunk, toss in cover, close trunk.) But only $5 to install an interior bike rack, yet $10 to install a cargo mat. ?

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you think there will be any exclusivity placed on the Ford backed parts (say the front bumper bull bar for example) that would only allow purchase directly through the price and build right out out the gate? Do you know if the vendors making these parts for Ford have any limitations selling direct to the consumer?
That one is a tad over me. I've seen where Ford will have items that can only be done by them, but those are normally part of the build. I am not sure what you mean by vendors for Ford? The companies that makes accessories for Ford are usually only selling to Ford. I might not be understanding the question. I have also seen where an item had to be ordered thru Ford with a build because it was not available outside of the build. Again, I can only stress that you check on the genuine ford accessories site, not what some dealerships link too. It is accessories.ford.com and compare. If it shows here it will have a price and you can compare from there. I encourage people to go on and look at items. Keep in mind that currently there are NO Bronco accessories listed yet. But you can get an idea of how to look stuff up, prices, etc.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That one is a tad over me. I've seen where Ford will have items that can only be done by them, but those are normally part of the build. I am not sure what you mean by vendors for Ford? The companies that makes accessories for Ford are usually only selling to Ford. I might not be understanding the question. I have also seen where an item had to be ordered thru Ford with a build because it was not available outside of the build. Again, I can only stress that you check on the genuine ford accessories site, not what some dealerships link too. It is accessories.ford.com and compare. If it shows here it will have a price and you can compare from there. I encourage people to go on and look at items. Keep in mind that currently there are NO Bronco accessories listed yet. But you can get an idea of how to look stuff up, prices, etc.
I hear you.
Let me rephrase..
Do you believe that the bolt on parts that will be offered via price and build will be offered to the consumer as stand alone items by Ford real time or will there be a lag with stand alone parts because Ford wants to ensure the consumer who ordered such parts with the price and build for dealer install will need to be fulfilled first, thus pushing back the consumer who wants to buy the parts post sale to install on there own.

Sponsored

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hear you.
Let me rephrase..
Do you believe that the bolt on parts that will be offered via price and build will be offered to the consumer as stand alone items by Ford real time or will there be a lag with stand alone parts because Ford wants to ensure the consumer who ordered such parts with the price and build for dealer install will need to be fulfilled first, thus pushing back the consumer who wants to buy the parts post sale to install on there own.
Sorry for my delayed reply. My opinion on this is things like a tow hitch, changing the bumper, etc, could be available for purchase but more than likely as i have seen in the past, if you don't get them on your build you will not get them until 6 months or later. So my opinion is there will be a lag. Also, in my opinion things like a tow hitch you should let Ford do it with your build so it is under their factory warranty and you're covered if something goes wrong. Also, my opinion again (can you tell I've got lots) things like a special bumper, cool graphics, brush guards, etc., shop around! There's going to be lot's of legitimate vendors coming out with really cool things for the Bronco. And again my opinion I do think Ford will have plenty of stand alone things for the Bronco available thru out.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Also, in my opinion things like a tow hitch you should let Ford do it with your build so it is under their factory warranty and you're covered if something goes wrong.

Curious about this one. Curt, for instance, has a lifetime warranty. Say Ford uses Curt for their supplier. Is that hitch under warranty with the vehicle (3 years or whatever) or under the hitch manufacturer warranty?

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curious about this one. Curt, for instance, has a lifetime warranty. Say Ford uses Curt for their supplier. Is that hitch under warranty with the vehicle (3 years or whatever) or under the hitch manufacturer warranty?
Sorry, who is Curt?? That a dealership?

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry, who is Curt?? That a dealership?
Hitch manufacturer. Just as an example.

So another example: Yakima. They are the rack supplier for Bronco. Covered by a lifetime warranty.
Sponsored