2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I sure hope Ford has worked out the supply issue with Warn on the SD Tremor $3k winch option before Warn has to up their production of all these Bronco winches. Ford announced earlier this year the Tremor winch option but yet so many guys still waiting for their winches after having their trucks for months. One of the reasons Iā€™m planning on ordering a Tremor (hoping to have a better chance of getting the winch and being installed around truck delivery time) rather than buying a truck off the lot and waiting forever for the dealer to then get it in If at all based on my findings.
Sponsored

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curious about this one. Curt, for instance, has a lifetime warranty. Say Ford uses Curt for their supplier. Is that hitch under warranty with the vehicle (3 years or whatever) or under the hitch manufacturer warranty?
I can't give you an honest answer until I call about it tomorrow. Sorry, but I will not be comfortable giving you the answer I am thinking until I confirm it.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can't give you an honest answer until I call about it tomorrow. Sorry, but I will not be comfortable giving you the answer I am thinking until I confirm it.
No worries. I won't buy much through Ford judging by the prices that I've seen so far. So not a question I need the answer to. Generally just curious. No need to do the legwork for me.

I personally will try to save a few bucks, depending, and install myself with the part manufacturers warranty and call it good.

Sponsored
OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

No worries. I won't buy much through Ford judging by the prices that I've seen so far. So not a question I need the answer to. Generally just curious. No need to do the legwork for me.

I personally will try to save a few bucks, depending, and install myself with the part manufacturers warranty and call it good.
Typically the selling companies warranty is the only one valid, so in this case only the Ford 3 year warranty, let's hope I'm wrong.

If correct, for some things, Curt, Warn and Yakima, buy direct from their retailers.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sorry for my delayed reply. My opinion on this is things like a tow hitch, changing the bumper, etc, could be available for purchase but more than likely as i have seen in the past, if you don't get them on your build you will not get them until 6 months or later. So my opinion is there will be a lag. Also, in my opinion things like a tow hitch you should let Ford do it with your build so it is under their factory warranty and you're covered if something goes wrong. Also, my opinion again (can you tell I've got lots) things like a special bumper, cool graphics, brush guards, etc., shop around! There's going to be lot's of legitimate vendors coming out with really cool things for the Bronco. And again my opinion I do think Ford will have plenty of stand alone things for the Bronco available thru out.
Copy.
Thank you.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hitch manufacturer. Just as an example.

So another example: Yakima. They are the rack supplier for Bronco. Covered by a lifetime warranty.
Manufacturers never cover parts for a lifetime warranty even if the company that made them offers a lifetime warranty. So, the Curt/Yakima examples would have the Ford warranty. In fact, Ford (or other manufacturers) probably get a better discount since the supplier doesn't have to cover a lifetime warranty. If you ever notice the tire warranty for the tires that come with your car, you'll see they are less comprehensive than if you buy the same exact tires as replacements.

Aragonite

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Ranger 4x4, 1988 Toyota Pickup 4x4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@Granger Ford , can clarify a few things?

1) Are dealer installed options available for x-plan pricing? Is this at the discretion of the dealer?

2) Will Granger allow X-plan discounts for the dealer installed options?

3) If someone comes from across the country to pick up their Bronco from Granger, does that mean they will have to travel back across the country with their bronco to have the dealer installed accessories installed by Granger? If not, could the installation be transferred to their closest dealer without up charge?

Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Granger Ford , can clarify a few things?

1) Are dealer installed options available for x-plan pricing? Is this at the discretion of the dealer?

2) Will Granger allow X-plan discounts for the dealer installed options?

3) If someone comes from across the country to pick up their Bronco from Granger, does that mean they will have to travel back across the country with their bronco to have the dealer installed accessories installed by Granger? If not, could the installation be transferred to their closest dealer without up charge?
Anything that is on the invoice and window sticker is available at plan and invoice pricing...

X plan does not have to be honored at the dealership level however most do...

Yes anything on the windows sticker and invoice is included in the pricing structures..

The DIO that we will get per Bronco will come prior to delivery of the Bronco...I have only had 2 occasions that the options were not there on delivery and the customer had to return on one (local guy) and we shipped the other one to the customer that wanted to install it themselves...

Aragonite

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Ranger 4x4, 1988 Toyota Pickup 4x4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Anything that is on the invoice and window sticker is available at plan and invoice pricing...

X plan does not have to be honored at the dealership level however most do...

Yes anything on the windows sticker and invoice is included in the pricing structures..

The DIO that we will get per Bronco will come prior to delivery of the Bronco...I have only had 2 occasions that the options were not there on delivery and the customer had to return on one (local guy) and we shipped the other one to the customer that wanted to install it themselves...
Thank you very much for the clarification Albert!

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We now have more clarification on the Accessories Warranties:

Ford Bronco DIO (Dealer Installed Options) Program Allows Bronco Accessories To Be Included In Purchase Price and Installed by Dealer Warranty
That makes sense to me.

In the tire example: my wifeā€™s minivan has Michelinā€™s that carry at 60k warranty, and theyā€™re almost dead at 25k. The dealer wouldnā€™t do anything to assist, but Discount Tire will prorate the purchase of a new set of tires by Michelin and work out the warranty through Michelin.

In the case of something by Yakima, youā€™d just call Yakima directly and theyā€™ll fix you up (whether you buy the item from Ford, Yakima, a yard sale, whatever.)
Sponsored