jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Have we gotten any clarity/update on whether or not this would include tires? (I know they said no wheels). Really hoping to get 33s on the OBX
Sponsored

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Have we gotten any clarity/update on whether or not this would include tires? (I know they said no wheels). Really hoping to get 33s on the OBX
My best guess is no on factory options however, some dealers will work with you for swapouts.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My best guess is no on factory options however, some dealers will work with you for swapouts.
I am hearing my dealer will install 33s, but theres no cost benefit (i.e. no value provided for take-offs) nor am i hearing any tire shops nearby that will buy take-offs. Kind of a bummer. Heard Discount Tires does this, but no locations in N/E.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am hearing my dealer will install 33s, but theres no cost benefit (i.e. no value provided for take-offs) nor am i hearing any tire shops nearby that will buy take-offs. Kind of a bummer. Heard Discount Tires does this, but no locations in N/E.
Well, you can always sell them on Craigslist...or to a used tire seller in your area, to at least re-coop some of the cost.

Remotecellphone

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does anyone know if the Yakima/Thule accessories are part of the DIO program?

Sponsored

sean-florida

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you opt to have the dealer not install the DIOs? I like the idea of financing them but would rather install them myself. I own 2 wrenches. ?

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Can you opt to have the dealer not install the DIOs? I like the idea of financing them but would rather install them myself. I own 2 wrenches. ?
Sure you can, but you still pay for it, you may pay $150 for an item that includes the cost of the dealer install. However, you may be able to buy the same item at the parts counter (or discount online Ford parts seller) for only $100. Also, depending on the item, if you install it yourself, it may have a different warranty period than having the dealer install it.

So your paying $50 or 50% finance rate on that part, not a great deal.
(this is an EXAMPLE ONLY, every part and DIO cost will vary, YMMV)

sean-florida

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good point. I just imagine the bronco options won’t be readily accessible at launch as the suppliers will be overloaded by ford.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Did Ford just throw DIO out the window "Due to unprecedented demand and to ensure a smooth and high-quality launch" ?

Why do certain models prohibit some accessories?
We have a Bronco for every customer. Many Bronco accessory items can be added during or after vehicle delivery at the dealer. We engineered Bronco for maximum off-road capability and GVWR restrictions may limit combinations of certain accessories.

https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/reservation-information/#here_is_how_it_works

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Did Ford just throw DIO out the window "Due to unprecedented demand and to ensure a smooth and high-quality launch" ?
I think they hinted at that being the excuse for the delay in B&P, but never really had plans of tossing it in to B&P. Maybe they don't want it listed on sticker, therefor not show with B&P?

Or maybe it'll be a late availability?

But mostly, the way this launch as gone so far, I have no clue.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm still dying to find out if the rumored 2" lift will be DIO. that could seriously hurt the Squatch package if true.

But some new tire/wheel options could be a huge plus for Ford.. I myself don't care for tires (small) or wheels for BB or BD which is where I'm looking price point wise.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think they hinted at that being the excuse for the delay in B&P, but never really had plans of tossing it in to B&P. Maybe they don't want it listed on sticker, therefor not show with B&P?

Or maybe it'll be a late availability?

But mostly, the way this launch as gone so far, I have no clue.
Build and Price isn't the Configurator that dealers will use to actually place our orders. I'm sure they'll be different and have more DIOs than Ford is going to waste their money on paying somebody else(my guess) to put into B&P for every tire kicker and bot on the internet.
Sponsored