Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealerships don't know what the install costs will be because they have no units to estimate and price installation. This is what Jim Ellis Ford in Atlanta shared with me and it sounds plausible.

I put the accessories I need into the build. This includes the winch, rack, lights. My strong suggestion is that everyone who wants any of these accessories buy them now. Stretch out paying for them and they'll of course be covered with the warranty on the parts, work, and service.

Installation costs can and are suggested to be negotiated.
Sponsored

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Dealerships don't know what the install costs will be because they have no units to estimate and price installation. This is what Jim Ellis Ford in Atlanta shared with me and it sounds plausible.

I put the accessories I need into the build. This includes the winch, rack, lights. My strong suggestion is that everyone who wants any of these accessories buy them now. Stretch out paying for them and they'll of course be covered with the warranty on the parts, work, and service.

Installation costs can and are suggested to be negotiated.
Please reread post #1, you have just been subjected to another dealer lie.

Will I have to pay Installation charges for my Accessories?

• The dealer performs the installation of the Accessories
  • Ford will pay the Dealer for the Installation (if you ordered them on your factory order).

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Please reread post #1, you have just been subjected to another dealer lie.

Will I have to pay Installation charges for my Accessories?

• The dealer performs the installation of the Accessories
  • Ford will pay the Dealer for the Installation (if you ordered them on your factory order).
So Ford has issued that in writing? Until or unless they do, this would be up in the air.

Just sharing what a dealership said. When the time comes, use whatever information or tactics you deem fit to negotiate these any any other terms.

Nationwide, all of these dealings will be all over the place. The more official info we can get, the better.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So Ford has issued that in writing? Until or unless they do, this would be up in the air.

Just sharing what a dealership said. When the time comes, use whatever information or tactics you deem fit to negotiate these any any other terms.

Nationwide, all of these dealings will be all over the place. The more official info we can get, the better.
The Ford documents that were sent to every Ford dealer are at the bottom of post #1.

Your dealer either did not read them or the salesmanagers did not tell the salespeople or they want the higher profits of customer paid labor.

Ford is providing the dealers with the accessories lists in the next few weeks and will update B&P with the info in March.

As I posted in post #1, DIO classified items must be included on your factory order.

If you order them later from the dealers parts department you will pay the full labor.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thank you to @Natai for finding the first DIO ad by a dealer describing what Bronco6g members have known since Sep 30th.

This was just posted on FB, and it may be helpful to those ordering as well as those who have already ordered but weren't able to order all of their accessories yet.

126134_10226015664967856_4951923232131465219_n-jpg.jpg

Two key takeaways:
  • Anything ordered in WBDO is either installed at the factory or installed by the dealer and installation is already included, so no additional labor costs. These are all the items with a check under FOA in the Accessories Price List (available in the OP).
  • Anything ordered through FAD is subject to charges for installation by the dealer. These are the items checked as FLA or FPP in the Accessories Price List (most of the list actually).
If your dealer is having trouble figuring out how to order an accessory, use this to figure out where they should be ordering from. Also useful so you know which accessories to go aftermarket (or get with no installation) if you're trying to avoid installation charges, or at least which items you may need to negotiate installation with your dealer.

Sponsored

Rough Rider

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not every accessory that will be listed for Bronco will be available as a DIO item. There are a lot of limitations including governmental regulations about what can be sold on a vehicle from the factory and what can be installed by a dealer after the vehicle is manufactured.

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not every accessory that will be listed for Bronco will be available as a DIO item. There are a lot of limitations including governmental regulations about what can be sold on a vehicle from the factory and what can be installed by a dealer after the vehicle is manufactured.
Anybody know when we will know what makes the DIO list and what doesn’t?

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

^^ That's my question, what will be DIO and what will be factory install as i will install accessories myself after buying parts at cost.And the sales dept has no idea

Rough Rider

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you read the order guide. It has 2 accessory sections. One is for the pre installed from the factory. And the second is the DIO ones that are installed by dealers but on the window sticker. Any accessories not listed in those two sections will be bought over the parts counter at the dealer ship.

mylittlepony

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Jeep Wrangler / 09 TC Series 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yea, my dealer didn't flinch when i explained I wanted mudflaps on my BRONCO build at the time of rez conversion. I sent this link and they they stated most item availability was scaled back for this 'special'.
Install cost [$100]> I will install them myself.
YMMV

Sponsored
OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yea, my dealer didn't flinch when i explained I wanted mudflaps on my BRONCO build at the time of rez conversion. I sent this link and they they stated most item availability was scaled back for this 'special'.
Install cost [$100]> I will install them myself.
YMMV
What do they charge for floor mat installation? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

kfralin

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2020 Ford Explorer,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For anyone who has actually converted their order, did your DIO's show up on your Ford build sheet? The ones that we have converted do not show any of the accessories ordered. It appears (as of now) that they have to be ordered separately from the local authorized Ford parts and accessories vendor. Obviously, this may change in the near future. It is interesting that the disclaimer on the accessories listing (in B&P)says "price does not include installation or painting". Another developing situation it would appear.
Sponsored