Sponsored

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Because the hard top is actually way more expensive than how much it costs you to "upgrade" to it. You're basically getting a "credit" for the soft top you're not getting.

Same reason why upgrading to leather seats at purchase costs less than buying a full set of leather seats over the counter.

If you want both tops, that's the "dual top" option.
Yeah......I get it now. Wasn't thinking🤔. Brain fart
Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Roof Rails - Sound Deadening - Paint Protection

While converting my reservation to an order this past week, my dealer sent me an email that said, "Ford Motor Company has informed my new car manager that the options you want will no longer be available in the Badlands edition. In order to get sound deadening headliner, roof rail with cross bar, paint protection film, you will need to go into the Black Diamond Edition. Please advise to what you want to do. Thanks!"

They are listed publicly as options and I confirmed that with Customer Care. I asked the dealership to confirm their information and they doubled down on it. Does that seem right that I would have to go down the model line in order to get these options?
2 Door Badlands with 2.7L
Sounds like it's just the 2.3L 2-door Badlands that can still get those options. Build & Price still allows it.
I don’t think this is necessarily the case. I successfully ordered a 2-door Badlands with the 2.7 liter V6 and automatic transmission (see the build in my signature), and I was able to spec the roof rails, headliner, and PPF. The B&P Tool accepted the configuration, and my dealer (Granger) successfully converted the order in WBDO.

I agree that you are likely bumping into a GVWR limit, but probably because of another heavy option that you may have selected (e.g., winch, brush guard), and not necessarily just the 2-dr BL + V6/auto combo by itself. :unsure:

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t think this is necessarily the case. I successfully ordered a 2-door Badlands with the 2.7 liter V6 and automatic transmission (see the build in my signature), and I was able to spec the roof rails, headliner, and PPF. The B&P Tool accepted the configuration, and my dealer (Granger) successfully converted the order in WBDO.

I agree that you are likely bumping into a GVWR limit, but probably because of another heavy option that you may have selected (e.g., winch, brush guard), and not necessarily just the 2-dr BL + V6/auto combo by itself. :unsure:
I don't have any extra stuff. No Sasquatch either so less there.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't have any extra stuff. No Sasquatch either so less there.
I think your dealer is misinformed. Your build is feasible in B&P, and none of your options are incompatible on a Badlands not approaching the GVWR limit.

Maybe your dealer is misinterpreting guidance from Ford about commodity constraints or GVWR limits?

I would definitely challenge him on this point, because your Badlands build spec IS allowable from a production standpoint. If he continues to balk, I would contact Ford and transfer the order to a dealer who knows more about the process and isn’t spreading FUD.

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think your dealer is misinformed. Your build is feasible in B&P, and none of your options are incompatible on a Badlands not approaching the GVWR limit.

Maybe your dealer is misinterpreting guidance from Ford about commodity constraints or GVWR limits?

I would definitely challenge him on this point, because your Badlands build spec IS allowable from a production standpoint. If he continues to balk, I would contact Ford and transfer the order to a dealer who knows more about the process and isn’t spreading FUD.
I did talk to Ford and they confirmed the availability on the build although to be fair, they did say that there are adjustments being made frequently (much to our dismay). I then went back to the dealer and politely challenged their information. I said it did not make any sense to have to order a Black Diamond over a Badlands to get more options on it. I also wrote a second email re-affirming I wanted these options and suggesting politely that if the dealer is incorrect, I would be asking for them make my order right.

Sponsored

mtu_bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Now that a ton of accessories have disappeared from the build and price configuration, is there an some sort of official list of DIOs? Can they still be added to an order if you haven’t received your build date email?

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Now that a ton of accessories have disappeared from the build and price configuration, is there an some sort of official list of DIOs? Can they still be added to an order if you haven’t received your build date email?
I wanted to add a couple after my build was submitted and the dealer told me to just hold off. He said those are all DIO, lets just get it here and we will get you whatever you want.

mtu_bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wanted to add a couple after my build was submitted and the dealer told me to just hold off. He said those are all DIO, lets just get it here and we will get you whatever you want.
My dealer told me the same thing. The sucky part is having to pay for installation not doing it DIO.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You're describing a standard dealer installed accessory, where the dealer gets a nice large install fee.

The DIO program, Dealer Installed OPTIONS, differes in that the items are on your factory invoice and window sticker. Ford pays the dealer for install at the factory rate, which is cheaper. Dealers may not like this and may have pushed back on Ford and that is why we have not heard more on this program, as described in post #1 of this thread.

Sponsored

BroncDogg

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Someone told me their Bronco had a lift and 35" tires installed from the factory. Not the Sasquatch package. Anyone have any details or pricing? I was going to go with the Zone Off-Road 2" budget boost kit otherwise, but having a DIO might be better since it will maintain the factory warranty I presume... ???

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Someone told me their Bronco had a lift and 35" tires installed from the factory. Not the Sasquatch package. Anyone have any details or pricing? I was going to go with the Zone Off-Road 2" budget boost kit otherwise, but having a DIO might be better since it will maintain the factory warranty I presume... ???
Haven't seen any official ford DIO options that would fit that build. Ford doesn't even have a leveling kit, let alone a lift right now that is available. That person just bought a unit modified by the dealer with parts from other companies.