North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It looks like it can now can be confirmed that Ford will allow us to build our Bronco's in the B&P along with selecting any factory accessories we want and they will be included on the Invoice/MSRP/Window Sticker totals without any additional dealer installation charges.

Ford has said there will be 200 Accessories available for the Bronco. Until now there has been little information about these other than the few that have been shown on the demo models. Less information has been known how we will purchase these for our Broncos, there have been two versions discussed on the forum:
  1. We would purchase them directly from the dealer with the costs and installation labor listed on a supplemental pricing addendum.
  2. We would select them when we build our Bronco on the Build & Price (B&P) website.
It looks like we now have confirmation that approach number 2 is correct. This is a new program Ford is implementing for 2021, it is called DIO - "Dealer Installed Options" (Accessories).

These Factory Ordered Accessories are technically Options, IF you order them when you build your Bronco on the Build & Price (B&P) website. The reason why this is so important is all of your selected Accessories will then be included in your Invoice and MSRP totals and listed on your Window Sticker. There will be no additional Dealer Installation charges for these Accessories as Ford will credit the dealer a pre-determined "Labor Credit" listed in the bottom image.

For X-Plan customers, this is even more important as it would mean that your Factory X-Plan discount printout will show all of your DIO - "Dealer Installed Options" (Accessories) and how they are calculated into your X-Plan discount pricing. Again, there will be no additional Dealer Installation charges for these Accessories. Previous X-Plan rules gave the dealers some latitude to not give you a discount on accessories and installation.

If you are thinking about purchasing your accessories directly from your Dealer, understand it is better to make sure they are part of your factory order, otherwise you will have to pay the dealer for the installation.

To help avoid this being an issue, make sure you complete your Bronco build through the B&P website, pre-selecting your accessories before saving or seeing your salesperson. Then make sure your salesperson correctly sets up your order and you verify that all your accessories are on the factory order. This will avoid surprises when your Bronco comes in and the salesperson says, remember that accessory you ordered, well it has a higher cost and you have to pay for installation because it was not on the factory order.

The benefit of the program is for those that want to roll the accessories into their financing or do not want to install the accessory themselves. Some accessories like splash guards or a roof basket can easily be a DIY install, others, like a performance tune, have to be done by the dealer to keep your Bronco under warranty.*

Examples:
You order splash guards on the B&P, they will be on the window sticker and Ford pays the dealer to install them. If you decide to add them after your order is processed, you will pay the Dealer directly for them along with the dealers labor rate for installation, which could be $100 to $150 per hour instead of the pre-determined "Labor Credit" Ford will reimburse the dealer for.

When you consider the difference between the two, consider the price you will be paying. As an example, purchased as an accessory, splash guards for the Explorer are $160. Buy them at MSRP through parts department they are only $100. You can see the additional $60 is the amount Ford will pay the dealer to do the installation.*

A big unknown, the rumored factory 2" lift kit, if it is even true, it may or may not have factory paid labor for the installation. This could mean you will end up paying the dealers labor rate for installation, but the good news is it would be covered by the factory warranty.

Ford's current accessories website can give you an idea of some accessories and pricing, for example, look up either the Ranger or F-150.*
Ford Accessories website

DIO - "Dealer Installed Options" (Accessories) Examples:
  • Rooftop Crossbars, Cargo Basket and Roof Light Bar
  • Cowl Lights
  • Winch Bumper Mount & Winch
  • 4-door pull-out Tailgate

FAQ's (see photos for more details):

What is DIO?

• This a new 2021 Ford Dealer Program to provide more orderable content and provide increased Dealer support.
  • These are accessories that are ordered with the vehicle and installed at the Dealership before the customer takes delivery of the vehicle. These accessories / parts are listed on the Window Sticker.

How do the Dealers get the Accessories?
  • Dealers must sign up with one of the eight Ford Accessory Distributors (FAD).
  • The Accessories or Dealer Channel Parts, will ship from the Ford Accessory Distributors (FAD) to the Dealer as one package for a specific VIN.

How does DIO work?
  • DIO Options will be fulfilled with Dealer Channel Parts
  • Most DIO content is installed in 1 hour or less
  • Wheels are currently not part of the program
  • DIO Pricing is the equivalent of the Dealer Channel MSPR, plus installation

Will I have to pay Installation charges for my Accessories?
  • The dealer performs the installation of the Accessories
  • Ford will pay the Dealer for the Installation (if you ordered them on your factory order).

Documents / bulletins on the DIO program:

Ford Bronco DIO (Dealer Installed Options) Program Allows Bronco Accessories To Be Included In Purchase Price and Installed by Dealer 1601552711395

Ford Bronco DIO (Dealer Installed Options) Program Allows Bronco Accessories To Be Included In Purchase Price and Installed by Dealer 2021 Ford Bronco DIO Program 1

Ford Bronco DIO (Dealer Installed Options) Program Allows Bronco Accessories To Be Included In Purchase Price and Installed by Dealer 2021 DIO Process B6

Ford Bronco DIO (Dealer Installed Options) Program Allows Bronco Accessories To Be Included In Purchase Price and Installed by Dealer 2021 Ford Bronco DIO List

Warranty Information
Ford Bronco DIO (Dealer Installed Options) Program Allows Bronco Accessories To Be Included In Purchase Price and Installed by Dealer warranty-

(*above items updated with information provided by member responses)

1-28-2021 Update by @Natai who found the first dealer ad about DIO:

Ford Bronco DIO (Dealer Installed Options) Program Allows Bronco Accessories To Be Included In Purchase Price and Installed by Dealer 126134_10226015664967856_4951923232131465219_n-
Sponsored

Last edited:

pandapaul

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This sounds awesome. Could make B&P even more interesting.

mikeandmiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-350 Platinum, '16 Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Free installation is a good way to get you to buy Ford accessories not to mention invoice price on them, too. Now if only we knew what these accessories were. Too bad wheels aren’t currently included

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great... my order total probably just climbed over $65k.

Glad I have months to save for this.

Sponsored

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was wondering if this was going to be the case and why B&P was delayed. They couldn't feature the "Halo Doors" so prominently on the initial rollout and then not have it be available when it came time to order. This was the exact question I posted in the East Celebration thread to have them ask.

Chris

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll be on the phone with @Granger Ford for two hours... Albert be like "mind if I take a bathroom break and then we can continue?"

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Great information, thank you!

And, Here I was thinking I didn’t have to make any decision on my First Edition! :p

Civkik

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '18 Wrangler Rubicon, '18 R1M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
200 accessories... my wife is going to hate me. She will also probably love the Bronco more than me lol

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

DIO... a heavy metal LEGEND!!

Yeah, I said it before @BAUS67 beat me to it ? ?

back on topic though, this is an interesting turn of events. Now it makes accessories more appealing!

pandapaul

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great information, thank you!

And, Here I was thinking I didn’t have to make any decision on my First Edition! :p
Hopefully we get the opportunity to make some decisions on First Editions. *cough* interior choices *cough* Would be cool to tweak it beyond the reduced set of options for that trim.

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you North7 but in keeping with the way we roll around here, rather than celebrate the positives.... come on Ford! Please add tires!!!!
It says no wheels; didn't see anything about no tires...

Chris