First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would imagine dealerships aren't super excited about this.

Installation of anything is big business for them, ie labor charges are a big part of their business. I realize ford pays them a set rate for each item to install. But I bet it is less than they would charge the customer.
I think its based on a national average, for us here in the midwest, we get paid more on to install this than a customer would pay. I'm betting in most big city's it's probably much less than they normally charge so they might not be as excited.
Sponsored

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm thinking her mind would be in the gutter for the uses of the privacy curtain..
Just buy her a FUD, a bottle, and a WAG bag.

That's how we ladies do it in Colorado.

Can't say whether they'll be on the DIO list.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Installation of anything is big business for them, ie labor charges are a big part of their business. I realize ford pays them a set rate for each item to install. But I bet it is less than they would charge the customer.
Kind of like warranty work.

mikeandmiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-350 Platinum, '16 Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So if you want to install an accessory yourself, does the installation cost come off or do you pay it regardless, in which case you might as well have it installed?

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

They were already doing it under FIA. It's not brand new and not drastically different, just an evolution of FIA to DIO with some changes.

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not asking....

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This would be a nice option for a rig like the Wildtrak that doesn't come with rock sliders. I don't look to add many, but a couple from the git go would be cool.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not seeing the savings here - I don't know what people normally pay for Ford Accessories, but I do have a lot of experience with Mopar and I have not paid remotely close to the MSRP for them. I would rather spend 2 minutes of my own time installing (and save 20-40% off MSRP) than sit in the waiting room for an hour for some kid to try and figure out what direction the floormats go.
Agree. Unless difficult to install, complex (need warranty coverage), bulky, or heavy it will be much cheaper to order from online discount Ford part supplier and self-install. A few Ford dealers also sell parts online via eBay at a discount. Possible availability issue in short term for new accessories before discount suppliers gain access to parts. Also, for the generic non-Ford accessories (Warn, etc) there is likely a cheaper source.

But I think this will be a good money-maker for Ford and help justify continued development of these niche vehicles.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So if you want to install an accessory yourself, does the installation cost come off or do you pay it regardless, in which case you might as well have it installed?
Sounds like even with self install you'd be paying full boat pricing.
The benefit of self install is you don't have the 18 year old kid with an exposed belt buckle scratching the crap of your body panels.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ah but there is a catch. If these accessories are not available at the time of build does your build get delayed?

That is the question .... hmmmm

edit : how cool would it be to have a Ford tune ready on the 2.7 at pick up :)
I would doubt that it would delay because the FAD sends the parts to the dealer. It might stink for the dealer but that would still allow "most" of the vehicle to get to the customer.

Civkik

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '18 Wrangler Rubicon, '18 R1M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Wow I'm from Colorado and I've never heard of such things..
Google here I come!
Might have to use my personal phone rather than the work computer :LOL:

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those that want to self-install as much as possible, or are getting dual tops, I wonder about a point where you really can have too many accessories to be able to haul it all home. We're talking 200+ here.

"Sir, you've got a lot of great accessories here - and obviously some of them will be installed on the vehicle - but I'm not certain all of this will fit in the back to take home, even with the seats folded down. Can someone with a truck come with you when you pick up your Bronco?"

Sigh... "Guess I need to add one of these roof racks after all..."
giphy.gif

@Granger Ford - so if I get enough accessories, can I get my own shipping truck? :ROFLMAO:

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oooh boy! Got me rolling home from Granger like Fast n Furious!
Ford Bronco DIO (Dealer Installed Options) Program Allows Bronco Accessories To Be Included In Purchase Price and Installed by Dealer giphy
I had pictured this exact scene as well!

I want this on the 2-Door!!!

Ford Bronco DIO (Dealer Installed Options) Program Allows Bronco Accessories To Be Included In Purchase Price and Installed by Dealer giphy
I'm really curious if there will be a vault for the rear cargo area available from Ford at launch. (And of course, if there is, that makes fitting all the accessories in for the trip home that much tougher.) If not, that will likely be my first or second aftermarket purchase.
Sponsored