North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Well from this post on Instagram, by a Ford Motor Company employee, we maybe able to assume the following:
  1. DIO is out for the large part from B&P.
  2. The Bronco factory accessories count is now up to 250, from 200.
  3. They will install some of the accessories at the new Mod Center, under construction.
For anyone that has an account on instagram, I do not, can you please see what the question was he was replying to?
https://www.instagram.com/motor_city_patriot/

Ford Bronco DIO (Dealer Installed Options) Program Allows Bronco Accessories To Be Included In Purchase Price and Installed by Dealer 1603626849176-
Sponsored

c2one

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

For anyone that has an account on instagram, I do not, can you please see what the question was he was replying to?
Someone posted their build, then so else asked about the rear slide out deck, then he responded.

Ford Bronco DIO (Dealer Installed Options) Program Allows Bronco Accessories To Be Included In Purchase Price and Installed by Dealer 1603632632568

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well from this post on Instagram, by a Ford Motor Company employee, we maybe able to assume the following:
  1. DIO is out for the large part from B&P.
  2. The Bronco factory accessories count is now up to 250, from 200.
  3. They will install some of the accessories at the new Mod Center, under construction.
https://www.instagram.com/motor_city_patriot/

Ford Bronco DIO (Dealer Installed Options) Program Allows Bronco Accessories To Be Included In Purchase Price and Installed by Dealer 1603632632568
The last sentence is the most interesting “It wouldn’t make sense for Ford to put the 250 optional accessories onto the build and price”

Why not?

Does it make more sense for us to see the 250 accessories during my order meeting at the dealership? Can you imagine the amount of time my salesman will be spending as I carefully examine each accessory, do a little online comparison shopping, research a few companies, ponder the possibilities... I better book an 8 hour meeting:).

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

⬆This! Any Dealers out there want to provide some insight? When can we expect this listing. Order times coming soon, lets not waste anybody’s time. Long list of reservations to get through.

What options not allowed in B&P will we actually be able to get from dealer ordering? Tow hitch, roof rack, lockers, grille swap, etc.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The last sentence is the most interesting “It wouldn’t make sense for Ford to put the 250 optional accessories onto the build and price”

Why not?

Does it make more sense for us to see the 250 accessories during my order meeting at the dealership? Can you imagine the amount of time my salesman will be spending as I carefully examine each accessory, do a little online comparison shopping, research a few companies, ponder the possibilities... I better book an 8 hour meeting:).
That was just some yahoo, Ford employee or not, pulling stuff out of his butt. Of course it makes sense for Ford to put them up, and would drive sales....and DIOs are "Dealer Installed", not the way he said it works.

Sponsored

tlubull

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm really hoping some info comes out on this... The unsquatched Bronco of every lower trim is, unimpressive to me. They really couldn't have picked smaller tires for the base model. Certain folks in the San Antonio area put smart car tires on their beat up Silverados... They still look more proportional than a base 4d. That being said, the sasquatch is probably a little more than I need... especially if I choose BD trim. If I could get a DIO 2" lift on the BD, I'd feel confident skipping on the front locker and 35s to upgrade tires later...

BadlandsBroncoBen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Outback, 2015 Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Why not?

I am kind of wondering the same thing, I THINK I want some DIO, but since the whole catalog isn't included in the build and price its hard to comparison shop any of the offerings against what can be found in the aftermarket, etc. Having the cost of the extra goodies bundled into the loan is attractive though, so I'm thinking it may be worth paying a slight premium for DIO vs aftermarket stuff. Thoughts?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am kind of wondering the same thing, I THINK I want some DIO, but since the whole catalog isn't included in the build and price its hard to comparison shop any of the offerings against what can be found in the aftermarket, etc. Having the cost of the extra goodies bundled into the loan is attractive though, so I'm thinking it may be worth paying a slight premium for DIO vs aftermarket stuff. Thoughts?
It would be nice to know EVERYTHING that will be offered, even if not priced. That way, you can at least add it to your list of considerations. Right now, there must be about 150 mystery items yet to be revealed.

BadlandsBroncoBen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Outback, 2015 Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It would be nice to know EVERYTHING that will be offered, even if not priced. That way, you can at least add it to your list of considerations. Right now, there must be about 150 mystery items yet to be revealed.
Exactly!

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So wait.... maybe I'm confused. Maybe because I write and communicate for a living. But.....

"Dealer Installed Options" are going to be installed in a "Modification Center" "..next door to the "Factory""

So, what exactly is the "Dealer" part of "Dealer Installed" then?

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So wait.... maybe I'm confused. Maybe because I write and communicate for a living. But.....

"Dealer Installed Options" are going to be installed in a "Modification Center" "..next door to the "Factory""

I believe it applies to certain items. The easier one's would go to the dealer.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Please reread post #1, they are installed at the dealer, not the mod center.

What is DIO?
  • This a new 2021 Ford Dealer Program to provide more orderable content and provide increased Dealer support.
  • These are accessories that are ordered with the vehicle and installed at the Dealership before the customer takes delivery of the vehicle. These accessories / parts are listed on the Window Sticker.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Alright conspiracy theory time...

Maybe the big dealers got together (another stipulation along with the allocation deal) and lobbied Ford to push a good portion of the DIOs to late availability in hopes that most consumers will buy them later and then have installed at the Dealer's labor rate (and not Ford's labor rate)

I know right!!!
giphy.gif

All jokes aside, I'm glad the DIO is a little on the light side at the moment as my spending would go up substantially ?

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Alright conspiracy theory time...

Maybe the big dealers got together (another stipulation along with the allocation deal) and lobbied Ford to push a good portion of the DIOs to late availability in hopes that most consumers will buy them later and then have installed at the Dealer's labor rate (and not Ford's labor rate)

I know right!!!
giphy.gif

All jokes aside, I'm glad the DIO is a little on the light side at the moment as my spending would go up substantially ?
True. I'm already pushing like $58k and there's tons of other shit I'd definitely order lol

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It looks like it can now can be confirmed that Ford will allow us to build our Bronco's in the B&P along with selecting any factory accessories we want and they will be included on the Invoice/MSRP/Window Sticker totals without any additional dealer installation charges.
But is this true still?

From the recent listing of the Bronco Accessory Portfolio posted today in the forum, there is a clear disclaimer at the top of every page that says:

" Pricing DOES NOT include install. "

Hmmmm?

ana-jones-thinking-deciding-hmmmm-idol-14262033508.gif
Sponsored