Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, MB E350 Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For anyone who has actually converted their order, did your DIO's show up on your Ford build sheet? The ones that we have converted do not show any of the accessories ordered. It appears (as of now) that they have to be ordered separately from the local authorized Ford parts and accessories vendor. Obviously, this may change in the near future. It is interesting that the disclaimer on the accessories listing (in B&P)says "price does not include installation or painting". Another developing situation it would appear.
I added the Locking Wheel Lugs and they showed up on my order sheet as a DIO.
Sponsored

kfralin

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2020 Ford Explorer,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I added the Locking Wheel Lugs and they showed up on my order sheet as a DIO.
I'm not sure if we are talking about the same build sheet. I am talking about the print out from the dealer after they input your order into WBDO. I can't say for sure on locking wheel lugs, but many of the accessories (think bike racks, rock rails, cargo management items) don't show up on the WBDO print out. At this point, I am assuming dealers will order these items separately but this seems a) not very efficient and b) creates a high likelihood of botched orders (on the accessories). Hopefully there will be clarification coming from Ford in the near future.

Amubu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just placed my order today and the winch (with mounting solution), Air compressor, and Bimini top were not an available selection. They went to the parts and accessories list and marked them down to note for the build. I was next to him while on the build docs and they were not available to be selected anywhere on the screen.

I figure I'll go back in a few weeks to verify any changes, I don't want to be stuck with install costs if it's supposed to be done by the dealer and reimbursed by Ford. (just the winch obviously)

Amubu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not sure if we are talking about the same build sheet. I am talking about the print out from the dealer after they input your order into WBDO. I can't say for sure on locking wheel lugs, but many of the accessories (think bike racks, rock rails, cargo management items) don't show up on the WBDO print out. At this point, I am assuming dealers will order these items separately but this seems a) not very efficient and b) creates a high likelihood of botched orders (on the accessories). Hopefully there will be clarification coming from Ford in the near future.
There were very few items available in the selection for the build, I do remember the wheel locks and storage bags were on there, but most of the other items were not.

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Roof Rails - Sound Deadening - Paint Protection

While converting my reservation to an order this past week, my dealer sent me an email that said, "Ford Motor Company has informed my new car manager that the options you want will no longer be available in the Badlands edition. In order to get sound deadening headliner, roof rail with cross bar, paint protection film, you will need to go into the Black Diamond Edition. Please advise to what you want to do. Thanks!"

They are listed publicly as options and I confirmed that with Customer Care. I asked the dealership to confirm their information and they doubled down on it. Does that seem right that I would have to go down the model line in order to get these options?

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Roof Rails - Sound Deadening - Paint Protection

While converting my reservation to an order this past week, my dealer sent me an email that said, "Ford Motor Company has informed my new car manager that the options you want will no longer be available in the Badlands edition. In order to get sound deadening headliner, roof rail with cross bar, paint protection film, you will need to go into the Black Diamond Edition. Please advise to what you want to do. Thanks!"

They are listed publicly as options and I confirmed that with Customer Care. I asked the dealership to confirm their information and they doubled down on it. Does that seem right that I would have to go down the model line in order to get these options?
I'm guessing your BL is 4 door with 2.7L?

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm a little confused on the roof rack and crossbar with the Yakima accessories. Will we need to purchase the roof rack from Ford to attach all these other Yakima accessories to.....or will the Yakima accessories attach directly to the roof?

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Question: if the soft top is included with all 4 doors....why is it when you pay for a MIC hardtop you lose the soft top. If it is an "included" item on the 4 door, and you pay extra for the hardtop.....why aren't we getting both tops?

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Am adding the bimini top, roof rack, kayak carrier and rear mounted ski rack - none of which showed up on the build sheet. I plan to use the Ford points and pay cash for the balance when they arrive.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question: if the soft top is included with all 4 doors....why is it when you pay for a MIC hardtop you lose the soft top. If it is an "included" item on the 4 door, and you pay extra for the hardtop.....why aren't we getting both tops?
Because the hard top is actually way more expensive than how much it costs you to "upgrade" to it. You're basically getting a "credit" for the soft top you're not getting.

Same reason why upgrading to leather seats at purchase costs less than buying a full set of leather seats over the counter.

If you want both tops, that's the "dual top" option.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2 Door Badlands with 2.7L
Sounds like it's just the 2.3L 2-door Badlands that can still get those options. Build & Price still allows it.

I also noticed that when you select 4.7 gearing now, it asks you to add Sasquatch. That didn't use to be a prompt.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same reason that when you upgrade wheels and tires they don't give you the wheels and tires that come stock, too.

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like it's just the 2.3L 2-door Badlands that can still get those options. Build & Price still allows it.

I also noticed that when you select 4.7 gearing now, it asks you to add Sasquatch. That didn't use to be a prompt.
That was an error in the B&P. Squatch is required to get the 4.7 with the auto.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That was an error in the B&P. Squatch is required to get the 4.7 with the auto.
Right, I just hadn't seen them fix it. 'Bout time ;)
Sponsored