Sponsored

DIO Install cost included? Part arrived after Bronco and dealer wants to charge to install

elseminoleguapo

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

From what I understand and the searching I've done on the board, DIOs ordered with the Bronco and included on the sticker should be installed by the dealer, with Ford crediting them for the labor. I.e., I should not pay out of pocket for installing a DIO I selected with my order. This is what I've seemed mentioned in a few posts: DIO (Dealer Installed Options), DIO (Dealer Installed Options) Program Allows Bronco Accessories To Be Included In Purchase Price and Installed by Dealer

I took delivery of my Bronco on 3/2/22 and it arrived without my sole DIO: a tailgate table. I was notified today that the tailgate table arrived, but the dealer is saying installation is not included.

Does anyone know of anything definite from Ford I can produce to make sure I don't have to either install it myself or have to pay out of pocket? Or is this the norm others have seen for DIOs that have shipped separately from their Bronco? Thanks, everyone!
Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From what I understand and the searching I've done on the board, DIOs ordered with the Bronco and included on the sticker should be installed by the dealer, with Ford crediting them for the labor. I.e., I should not pay out of pocket for installing a DIO I selected with my order. This is what I've seemed mentioned in a few posts: DIO (Dealer Installed Options), DIO (Dealer Installed Options) Program Allows Bronco Accessories To Be Included In Purchase Price and Installed by Dealer

I took delivery of my Bronco on 3/2/22 and it arrived without my sole DIO: a tailgate table. I was notified today that the tailgate table arrived, but the dealer is saying installation is not included.

Does anyone know of anything definite from Ford I can produce to make sure I don't have to either install it myself or have to pay out of pocket? Or is this the norm others have seen for DIOs that have shipped separately from their Bronco? Thanks, everyone!
Installation should be included with DIO items when ordered with the vehicle. You would be hooked on the installation charge only if it had been ordered separately.

OP
OP
elseminoleguapo

elseminoleguapo

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Installation should be included with DIO items when ordered with the vehicle. You would be hooked on the installation charge only if it had been ordered separately.
Thanks, this is what I understood. I ordered mine with the Bronco and it's on the sticker. But I'm not sure what document I can show the dealer to corroborate that the installation should be included.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks, this is what I understood. I ordered mine with the Bronco and it's on the sticker. But I'm not sure what document I can show the dealer to corroborate that the installation should be included.
Do you have a copy of your DORA? Mine shows my DIO with their individual price and the total vehicle price. There are no additional line items for installation charges.

If that doesn't work, call Ford customer service and get them involved.

@Ford Motor Company would you mind helping out @elseminoleguapo?

Sponsored

Ski1132

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2028 Expedition, BMW X7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer said all dealer installed options should be ordered AFTER the build date was assigned. They were pretty adamant about this. Now I’m being told to get the $1000 credit Ford gave out I’ll have to pay out of pocket. I can only assume that would mean installation charges as well.
NOT HAPPY!

BWepps

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My Bronco came without the DIO Tailgate Table as well. The dealer is sending me the Table and crediting me back $100 for the install fee. DIO means just that - Dealer Installed Option.
Sponsored