Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks good. Also looks like they stick out a bit from the bumper? Might go for a circular light to match the headlamps. Thanks for sharing
They are basically flush with the top of the bumper, but it is cut away from top to bottom. It is recessed from the most forward points so it is not in front of the recovery points. It would be easy to fab a different mount. I like them the way they are so far. I will change up if something else comes around or I find an issue with the position.

OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Recessed or what this guy thinks.

2EFBD021-539C-4F7D-AB54-A22E4EAAE8C7.jpeg
To each there own. I don’t need 6 lights, I don’t like the poser look running lights like that in my area, serve no purpose. We each have our preference. I was simply passing along my experience with the lights, Bronco wiring and aux switches. I really get tired of people dogging everyone.

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Added some Diode Dynaics SAE fog lights. Wired them to Aux Switch 2. Process was simple, worked great! I have found fog lights are the most needed auxiliary lighting in my use. I will probably add some spots and reverse lights, but these were the most important add on for me (so far). It took some 16ga wire, wire loom, zip ties and a few hand tools. Spent about an hour , but was being slow and careful. Light quality seems excellent, build quality was good, I will report back as I get some experience with them.

C5FC9C6A-ACC0-4AA8-9356-53CA3C1105CE.jpeg

55F86857-F455-4673-A788-7562412D2A8C.jpeg

0CA577E8-12AC-40AC-92EE-488C3DDF3595.jpeg

FB24D92D-C04A-4FB4-91F7-DE9A616094AB.jpeg

AB921F6D-461E-4A28-AC4F-2F1A727EF848.jpeg

CFD80374-CACB-4F2D-AC1B-EAFACA31CB20.jpeg

8BC12499-6E6B-41A3-A691-8847DD2DD641.jpeg

26FB7EDB-6EFA-423C-933B-6A900C31EE8C.jpeg
These look great.
Fogs are one of the first things I want to add to my BL.
That and a license plate relocation I want to fab up.

Funny as looking at your pictures, I said to myself "that looks like my grandparents old neighborhood."
Then saw you're from Northville.
They used to live off 9 and Halsted.

Nodrama43

Badlands
First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nunya
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fogs are also a must have for me. I’m old and at night my eyesight sucks. I also want something in a fabbed pocket bracket to look like a factory/ish option. I will never have a reason or inclination to remove the bumper ends either. I plan on adding a winch to the front and there will not be a front license plate on my Bronco. Speaking of factory. is the factory fogs available from ford for the modular front bumper?

Sponsored

Bigkansas

Badlands
First Name
AUSTIN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fogs are also a must have for me. I’m old and at night my eyesight sucks. I also want something in a fabbed pocket bracket to look like a factory/ish option. I will never have a reason or inclination to remove the bumper ends either. I plan on adding a winch to the front and there will not be a front license plate on my Bronco. Speaking of factory. is the factory fogs available from ford for the modular front bumper?
No factory fogs on the modular bumper.

ROCKO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These look great.
Fogs are one of the first things I want to add to my BL.
That and a license plate relocation I want to fab up.

Funny as looking at your pictures, I said to myself "that looks like my grandparents old neighborhood."
Then saw you're from Northville.
They used to live off 9 and Halsted.
Close, 8 and Beck😀

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've found fog lights to be nearly useless in about 35 years of driving.

They add little actual brightness and in actual fog only help a bit. (ask yourself, how often do you drive in fog?)

For most people a set of driving slights wired into the high beams would be money and bumper space much better spent.

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've found fog lights to be nearly useless in about 35 years of driving.

They add little actual brightness and in actual fog only help a bit. (ask yourself, how often do you drive in fog?)

For most people a set of driving slights wired into the high beams would be money and bumper space much better spent.
I drive in fog, dust, and snow fairly often. Fog lights can be a requirement in some locales and totally useless in others.

I've found factory fogs largely useless but a good set of properly aimed aftermarket fogs, with good cutoff, can make a world of difference. Most factory fogs are too high and not aimed down far enough. All the do is throw a bunch of diffused light in front of you making a wall of light.

Curious if you're referring to factory fogs or a set of fogs that you've aimed yourself?

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I drive in fog, dust, and snow fairly often. Fog lights can be a requirement in some locales and totally useless in others.

I've found factory fogs largely useless but a good set of properly aimed aftermarket fogs, with good cutoff, can make a world of difference. Most factory fogs are too high and not aimed down far enough. All the do is throw a bunch of diffused light in front of you making a wall of light.

Curious if you're referring to factory fogs or a set of fogs that you've aimed yourself?
I had a rectangular set of Hella fogs mounted on top of the bumper on my old Saab 900. It was the most useful set of fog I've owned.

I agree with you that factory fogs are less than useless.

Diode Dynamics

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hey guys!

Quick follow-up on this thread. If you haven't seen our sneak peek for our modular foglight kit for the 2021 Ford Bronco you can find it here:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...for-modular-bumper-on-2021-ford-bronco.21377/

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics SAE Fogs Installed on Badlands Modular Bumper CCUl9N3

Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics SAE Fogs Installed on Badlands Modular Bumper 1CKibDs

Shoutout to @PandaMotorWorks for allowing us to use their Bronco for R&D!

Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics SAE Fogs Installed on Badlands Modular Bumper p8ljSUy

If you have concerns about the output of our Stage Series LED pods being recessed. Our engineers have tested the light output of our kit light have confirmed no interference in regards to the beam pattern. This is due to the use of our patent-pending TIR optics.

John C.
Diode Dynamics
Sponsored

Last edited: