First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does anyone know if the Diode Dynamics Stage Series Reverse Lights (SSC1 Pro, SSC1 Sport, SSC2 Pro, etc.) have brake lights build into them?

I know they have "rec accents", but if I was to press the brake pedal or turn my hazards on, would the Diode Revere lights also turn red like my regular rear lights or blink when put on hazard? I'm deciding if I should just buy the bracket from them for $80 and lights on amazon for another $80 or pony up the $290 to $440 from them.
Sponsored

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don’t know what a rec accent is, but they aren’t additional brake lights.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does anyone know if the Diode Dynamics Stage Series Reverse Lights (SSC1 Pro, SSC1 Sport, SSC2 Pro, etc.) have brake lights build into them?

I know they have "rec accents", but if I was to press the brake pedal or turn my hazards on, would the Diode Revere lights also turn red like my regular rear lights or blink when put on hazard? I'm deciding if I should just buy the bracket from them for $80 and lights on amazon for another $80 or pony up the $290 to $440 from them.
They do not. It's just a red accent. The only lights that have a "brake light" are the C1Rs.

You can actually save $$ with our reverse kit:

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/dual-l...-diode-dynamics-lights-7-pin-trailer-harness/

If you have a trailer hookup this will save you $$ and be an easy installation

OP
OP
BaseManSquatch

BaseManSquatch

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
How many lumens are the SSC1 sport, SSC1 pro and SSC2 sport and SSC2 pro?

Sponsored

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess I was under the impression they were also brake lights.

Doing the install now. Getting the connector behind the taillight tucked in is wicked hard. Not a lot of room and the harness is stiff. Might not help it's below freezing...

OP
OP
BaseManSquatch

BaseManSquatch

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I guess I was under the impression they were also brake lights.
That's what I always thought too when looking at them.

Wonder if it's safe to run a pair of them on a bracket on the rear tire in red accent mode?

When you apply the brakes and your stock rear lights turn bright red but the Diode Dynamics don't turn bright red and just stay the same brightness it might confuse the person behind you. I still like them but I don't know why they don't have dual stage red brightness mode inside the circuit assembly.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As Adam mentioned above, our SSC1 / C1R configuration is the only Stage Series pod in our line up with a road-legal 4th brake light along with our red accent light.
Could you provide a new harness that only lights up the red lights on something like the SSC2 when the brakes activate? I'd take those over running lights. And then, obviously, the reverse would still work.

Or is it not legal to use those as brake lights?

Sponsored

Diode Dynamics

First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Could you provide a new harness that only lights up the red lights on something like the SSC2 when the brakes activate? I'd take those over running lights. And then, obviously, the reverse would still work.

Or is it not legal to use those as brake lights?
You can have the red backlight illuminate as additional red accent lights with your brake lights when activated.

Our vehicle-specific harness is a plug-and-play option but doesn't permit you to have the red backlight illuminate with your brake lights but act as running lights.

https://www.diodedynamics.com/stage...ng-harness-kit-for-2021-2023-ford-bronco.html

You would need to go with our Universal Reverse Light Wiring Kit to tap the backlight to your brake light function using the included t-tap relay wires.

Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics Stage Series Reverse Light Kit Question 1675282503686

https://www.diodedynamics.com/reverse-light-wiring-kit-w-running-light.html

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wonder if it's safe to run a pair of them on a bracket on the rear tire in red accent mode?

When you apply the brakes and your stock rear lights turn bright red but the Diode Dynamics don't turn bright red and just stay the same brightness it might confuse the person behind you. I still like them but I don't know why they don't have dual stage red brightness mode inside the circuit assembly.
I'm not too concerned about the pods staying red and not lighting up brigher red when the brakes are applied. Mostly because the third brake light is right above these lights anway, so if for some reason someone is staring at the Diode Dynamics lights, they won't miss the 3rd brake light right above it turning on.

Diode Dynamics

First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

There is a dual brightness with our new C1R SSC1 LED pods. This technology has not been implemented into our other Stage Series pods at this time.

Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics Stage Series Reverse Light Kit Question 1675290705719

Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics Stage Series Reverse Light Kit Question 1675290711129

OP
OP
BaseManSquatch

BaseManSquatch

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
OK thanks for the explanation. So there's hope that maybe in the future the SSC2s will get brake tech installed in them.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can have the red backlight illuminate as additional red accent lights with your brake lights when activated.

Our vehicle-specific harness is a plug-and-play option but doesn't permit you to have the red backlight illuminate with your brake lights but act as running lights.

https://www.diodedynamics.com/stage...ng-harness-kit-for-2021-2023-ford-bronco.html

You would need to go with our Universal Reverse Light Wiring Kit to tap the backlight to your brake light function using the included t-tap relay wires.

Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics Stage Series Reverse Light Kit Question 1675290711129

https://www.diodedynamics.com/reverse-light-wiring-kit-w-running-light.html
Given that I don't need the switch (I already have an upfitter switch in the circuit) and power then I assume to enable brake lights I just need E & F? Seems too easy.
Sponsored