Sponsored

Direct injection on the 2.3 a big concern for anyone?

Litestorm17

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger XLT 4WD, 06 Focus ZX5 2.5L Swap
Your Bronco Model
Base
The engine in the Bronco is being lifted from the Focus RS, and beyond Ford installing the incorrect head gasket on those initially, there really hasn't been any major issues with those. I know several people with highly modified big turbo Focus RS's, zero reliability issues with the engine even over 500WHP. These guys do NOT drive their cars lightly, either, and one of them has the least mechanical sympathy I've seen in a person before haha! So seeing that has me excited for the tuning capabilities on the 2.3L Bronco.

Doing basic things like installing a catch can, using the right oil (and changing it on time), will help out immensely.
Sponsored

OP
OP
rlondeen

rlondeen

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My only concern with the 2.3 was that every time I lose a stoplight race I would regret not getting the 2.7.

I am getting the 2.7
I win stop light races all the time with my 1.6 turbo... just gotta pick your battles wisely. In my case, it's anyone not wanting to race. ;)

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I win stop light races all the time with my 1.6 turbo... just gotta pick your battles wisely. In my case, it's anyone not wanting to race. ;)
True true.. I steer clear of Tesla's

Or I could just do as my wife constantly tells me "grow up already.. nobody cares who gets across first"

I care
Sponsored