First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Drag race them across some washboard and whoops.
Sponsored

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you watch the video closely the drivers reaction time is much slower than the guy driving the wrangler. I understand turbo lag but I know that when I mash the gas it doesnā€™t take me almost a second for my bronco to start to move. They should have switched vehicles on the second run to account for the poor reaction time from the Bronco driver. Anyway it was an interesting video either way.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think that its further evidence that Ford nerfs the Bronco in low RPMs in first gear.
Not news though. Most manufacturers include torque reduction in the lower gears while trying to move a heavy vehicle from a dead stop.

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That was cool. Now Iā€™m waiting for TFL to do something more meaningful like an off-road comparison of my AMG GTS vs a Porsche GT3 vs C8 Vette
Tfl will do anything to make the bronco look bad. I donā€™t even know why ford goves them vehicles to test.
they drag raced a 392 v8 against a 2.7 v6 to maKu e sure the jeep won.

Solfive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tfl will do anything to make the bronco look bad. I donā€™t even know why ford goves them vehicles to test.
they drag raced a 392 v8 against a 2.7 v6 to maKu e sure the jeep won.
TFL has been praising the bronco left and right. Iā€™m not saying you have to like them but theyā€™ve said far more positive than negative things about the it.
The 392 vs 2.7 vs braptor was clearly for fun and to produce content. Imo it didnā€™t appear in anyway an attempt to dog the bronco but I guess weā€™re all entitled to our opinion on motives.

Sponsored

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
TFL has been praising the bronco left and right. Iā€™m not saying you have to like them but theyā€™ve said far more positive than negative things about the it.
The 392 vs 2.7 vs braptor was clearly for fun and to produce content. Imo it didnā€™t appear in anyway an attempt to dog the bronco but I guess weā€™re all entitled to our opinion on motives.
And you really thought this was something that was going to add to the conversation huh? And you still posted it.

Solfive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And you really thought this was something that was going to add to the conversation huh? And you still posted it.
Lol. Go on with your bad self ā€œOGā€. You really thought getting butthurt over me refuting your post was adding to the conversation? Thatā€™s how forums workā€¦We post our thoughts and people either agree or disagree, nothing personal. If you take a quick second to re-read what I wrote without hyperventilating like a whiny B youā€™ll notice I stated facts in that post, not opinions. All while not attacking you in any way, shape, or form.

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Lol. Go on with your bad self ā€œOGā€. You really thought getting butthurt over me refuting your post was adding to the conversation? Thatā€™s how forums workā€¦We post our thoughts and people either agree or disagree, nothing personal. If you take a quick second to re-read what I wrote without hyperventilating like a whiny B youā€™ll notice I stated facts in that post, not opinions. All while not attacking you in any way, shape, or form.
clearly you are a TFL fan boy. Sorry for attacking your fav YouTubers

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Drag racing 4x4s makes about as much sense as comparing which shovels are the best at hammering nails. You can hammer a nail with a shovel, but it's not remotely the job it was designed for.

Thurmy7

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban, Tacoma, Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

PulltheLeverBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150 Platinum 2014 Flex Limited w/Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's almost like Bronco guy had auto start/stop still enabled. ;) Either his reaction time was super slow or the Jeep guy was jumping a bit.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry have to be honest here. Is that really a fair race? The slowest engine Jeep makes the 3.6 with 70k miles on it versus a fresh 2.7?? Try race a Jeep with even a new 2.0T and see what happens. The 2.0T spanks the 3.6!!

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They could have at least put the Bronco into Baja mode... That's the least they could have done. It would have been a much different race.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not news though. Most manufacturers include torque reduction in the lower gears while trying to move a heavy vehicle from a dead stop.
Engines with a lot of torque would be snapping axles left and right if they didn't.

Superduties wouldn't make it off the lot.
Sponsored