Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Arizona highest peak is Mt. Humphries at 12,637 with a prominence (elevation gain) of 6,039 compared to New Hampshire's Mt. Washington peak at 6,288 with a prominence of 6,148. So sure the peak is higher but the climb to the top is not. Mt. Washington weather is known as some of the worst in the world, tree line is around 4,000' due to the extreme weather
joke
/jōk/
a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter, especially a story with a funny punchline.
Hence the little laughy smiley thingy behind the post.

Now, in all seriousness, having climbed Washington, Humphreys, Lemmon, Graham, Wrightston, and various over 10,000 peaks in the Sierras near Tahoe, I can assure you that Washington is a good climb, but not nearly as hard as some that I listed. The difference between the elevations is much more than just the prominence. The cardiovascular differences between 6000 and 9000 are profound. Above 10000 it is difficult to maintain an output, approaching 12000 you begin to feel the beginnings of hypoxia. I have never done a CO 14teener, but I would estimate them to be substantially more difficult than any mountain I have done.

Washington gets points for it's rather extreme wind conditions, but choosing the wrong weather conditions on the western mountains can also easily be lethal. Outside of that, the main difference for us here is that Washington has a maintained road to the top that is of little interest to 4x4 people. Is the cog railroad still running? That was fun.
Sponsored

dcliffo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Baking in the sun for months...
Just like vehicles do all the time prior to shipping from the plant, in transit and on dealer lots.
Good example would be my wife's Escape was built in early Feb and we didn't buy it from the dealer until late June.

The sun load is not a concern on my end, and my 7/19 build is somewhere in that lot.
It's more the reports of some of these roofs having water leak issues. Makes me wonder who is checking to make sure these didn't have that issue? SE Michigan had a number of wet weeks in the last couple months.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I know it sounds stupid, but there is legitimate concern even beside any possibility of lot rot. I parked my nearly new '93 4runner in a gravel lot for about an hour one windy day and the whole side of my 4runner was basically sandblasted. Hopefully no one experiences that on their Bronco.
That is where FORD would do paint correction to fix in their QC inspection. I hope that it is not needed but that is a possibility instead of delivering a new vehicle that has scratches in the clear coat.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Just like vehicles do all the time prior to shipping from the plant, in transit and on dealer lots.
Good example would be my wife's Escape was built in early Feb and we didn't buy it from the dealer until late June.

The sun load is not a concern on my end, and my 7/19 build is somewhere in that lot.
It's more the reports of some of these roofs having water leak issues. Makes me wonder who is checking to make sure these didn't have that issue? SE Michigan had a number of wet weeks in the last couple months.
These are sitting for months on end it seems. Not true for all manufactures. Others do not even start the build until they have all the parts slated for that build on hand.
If sun load or weather isn't a concern for YOU, good for you.

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These are sitting for months on end it seems. Not true for all manufactures. Others do not even start the build until they have all the parts slated for that build on hand.
These are unprecedented times, If they only built things they had all the parts for, then they wouldn't be able to build anything right now, and would have to shutter the plant for the time being.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

dcliffo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A couple months is nothing new in the automotive industry. They don't like to make a habit out of it, but quality check issues, stop ships etc. happen for all OEMs. Even vehicles that are exported are on transports, rail cars or shipping containers for months at a time depending on where they are going.
That's what these are doing with being stored from July-ish to October-ish, sitting for a couple months.
To be clear I did say weather, as in water, did have me slightly concerned. Just not sitting in the sun. We literally have industry wide key life tests for that.
By all means get concerned if that helps you, just trying to throw it into perspective.

Sponsored

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

A couple months is nothing new in the automotive industry. They don't like to make a habit out of it, but quality check issues, stop ships etc. happen for all OEMs. Even vehicles that are exported are on transports, rail cars or shipping containers for months at a time depending on where they are going.
That's what these are doing with being stored from July-ish to October-ish, sitting for a couple months.
To be clear I did say weather, as in water, did have me slightly concerned. Just not sitting in the sun. We literally have industry wide key life tests for that.
By all means get concerned if that helps you, just trying to throw it into perspective.
What is a "key life test"?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What is a "key life test"?
A Key Life Test is an accelerated test designed to detect a major component failure mode. ... The main objective of this type of testing is the development of a model to improve quality by designing reliability into the product

JohnnyX

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All you need is a bucket of dirt and your 3-pack of toy Broncos and you can start your own “Dirt Mountain Bronco Preserve” on your kitchen table!
This is really eerie folks, but it looks like Steven Spielberg predicted Mount Webasto 44 years ago...here's the scene where Richard Dreyfuss 's character starts to build his own version. Maybe the aliens were the air freight that brought the new tooling to get the Broncos rolling again.

1631491049479.png

Sorry - couldn't resist after seeing another pic of Dirt Mountain... 😁
My 14 year old dug through his matchbox car collection and put this on my desk -- knowing how anxious I am to get our 4D BL...

Bronco.jpg