M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Crossfire
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have a this gut feeling I’m going to be the lucky winner of the last one off Dirt Mountain!
And at this point I’m not even sure I’m going to keep it. It’s hard to imagine it’s only a hardtop issue, so every little noise or item that doesn’t seem right is going to drive me crazy since no one will tell me what the true holdup is.
I’m with you! It can’t just be the hardtop on mine either.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well not so fast. Funny story…
I went to the Ford dealership Thursday night to pickup the refund for my down payment but they told me their accountant wasn’t in so come back Friday and they’ll make sure it’s ready.
So I called my Jeep dealer but he wasn’t working last night either. So I just told him I’d see him this afternoon around 3pm.

This afternoon my Ford dealer tells me my eta finally UPDATED on my Bronco and asked if I wanted to hold off picking up the cheque.
Ahh hell ya I’ll wait.
ETA is Dec 20th. Talk about last minute. I guess I’m back in.
As cliché as this will sound (provided you got a good one) the Bronco is actually worth it.

It is crazy capable so far and, despite my initial fears, it hasn't shelled out the 2.7 engine (2500 miles - almost outside of the window). I haven't found any major issues beyond the coolant hose needing to be zip tied away from the pulley.

For those waiting on the airbag fix, I can't imagine how irritated I would be by now. Ford's response is so beyond unacceptable, that I know that any serious warranty issues or accidents are going to mean game over for months.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a this gut feeling I’m going to be the lucky winner of the last one off Dirt Mountain!
And at this point I’m not even sure I’m going to keep it. It’s hard to imagine it’s only a hardtop issue, so every little noise or item that doesn’t seem right is going to drive me crazy since no one will tell me what the true holdup is.
Other than the Dirt Mountain residue, I actually received a Bronco that would have passed Cat's OCD level of scrutiny (with 90+ days on the mountain) with 36.1 miles on the clock and very minimal amount of new car smell.

I haven't found any significant things to complain about other than the fact that I needed to zip tie the coolant hose to prevent its early demise.

So it's possible to get a good vehicle from dirt mountain.

20211205_115526.jpg

Sponsored

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My dealer emailed me this morning and said that "his" tracker shows that my Bronco has been marked as "Built" and ready for shipping. No email from Ford. None of the trackers work for me - I can't even see my window sticker. But I'm going to go with it...

517 days since day 1 reservation
118 days in production

Still I'm not counting an chickens until I take possession.

I am sensing that Ford is scrambling to get these all cleared out so that they can avoid a scenario where 2022s are marked as built before 2021s.

74Bronc21

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Surely you are one of the first on the islands right!?
CONGRATS, it's a beauty!

Hey @74Bronc21, with Broncola having a Build Date of 10/26, and you with a 10/31 they may be on the same boat heading across the Pacific?

You are definitely the furthest away that I've seen being in Guam!
Unless someone in Australia or New Zealand end up with a Bronco you might even end up holding the record for furthest Bronco away from MAP ever. What a thought.
No Bronco I’m Guam, yet! Apparently it’s still on the West Coast waiting for the right boat. That’s OK,
Surely you are one of the first on the islands right!?
CONGRATS, it's a beauty!

Hey @74Bronc21, with Broncola having a Build Date of 10/26, and you with a 10/31 they may be on the same boat heading across the Pacific?

You are definitely the furthest away that I've seen being in Guam!
Unless someone in Australia or New Zealand end up with a Bronco you might even end up holding the record for furthest Bronco away from MAP ever. What a thought.
Congrats to Broncola! Nice to hear that at least a few Broncos are heading west. Mine is apparently still at the port in the West Coast waiting for a boat to the Western Pacific. I’ve been told maybe end of January (year not yet specified).

Regarding being the Bronco furthest from MAP—There may be other service members deployed in Asia who scored a Military Autosource Bronco. I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s one on its way to South Korea.

MatteOBX

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's a Christmas miracle that I am not sure I believe yet, I just received the email from Ford that my Bronco is built! Estimated delivery of 12/24 to 12/30 but I'm not counting on that!

Sponsored

TheeBullhead

First Edition
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Crossfire
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@CO-Bronco Just so you don’t have to ask, I’ve received no update. I’m still perched high upon the top of Dirt Mountain.

Nolabel

Wildtrak
First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wow down to 8. Step right up, place your bets! Who will be the last inmate on dirt mountain?
Somehow I feel like I'll be the last one on Dirt mountain. My confidence in Ford has dropped to an all time low.