Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
POS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have seen all the dirt/ice/mud mountain references for months but have ignored the issue since…at the time….I thought getting a built date would never happen (May 21 reservation date). To my surprise, I got my build date last week. For about a minute, I was excited. The next minute I thought about crazy hail storms while in transit, truck drivers running into low bridges…and dirt mountain. That said, I had a few questions for the crowd.

1. Are all broncos getting stuck on dirt mountain?
2. Is the issue the chip shortage?
3. How long are the cars getting stuck on dirt mountain?
4. Is dirt mountain first in first out or is it partially based on reservation date or your dealer allocation?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Alcotune

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
1. Not all Broncos go to dirt mountain.
2. Chip shortage seems to be on-again/off-again.
3. The hold on dirt mountain varies, there are still people waiting on January builds.
4. There is no order to the Broncos being released from DM. Seems like first in last out.

My original order had a blend date of January 20 and only delivered to the dealer a week ago. About a month ago i bought a dealer stock unit that had a blend date of May 30 and was delivered the first few days of July.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have seen all the dirt/ice/mud mountain references for months but have ignored the issue since…at the time….I thought getting a built date would never happen (May 21 reservation date). To my surprise, I got my build date last week. For about a minute, I was excited. The next minute I thought about crazy hail storms while in transit, truck drivers running into low bridges…and dirt mountain. That said, I had a few questions for the crowd.

4. Is dirt mountain first in first out or is it partially based on reservation date or your dealer allocation?

Thanks!
All Broncos don't go to dirt mountain. If they go to dirt mountain they are probably waiting for chips. There are probably early 22s that are sitting on Dirt Mountain. Don't worry about hailstorms or drivers running into low bridges.

OP
OP
TXLazer

TXLazer

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
POS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

All Broncos don't go to dirt mountain. If they go to dirt mountain they are probably waiting for chips. There are probably early 22s that are sitting on Dirt Mountain. Don't worry about hailstorms or drivers running into low bridges.
Thanks for the info. My build has high package….at least it isn’t lux with more chips. It also doesn’t have a tow package. Did you buy an identical bronco to your original build that was stuck on DM?

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the info. My build has high package….at least it isn’t lux with more chips. It also doesn’t have a tow package. Did you buy an identical bronco to your original build that was stuck on DM?
My original reservation Bronco didn't go to Dirt Mountain. I did order another one that was identical to my reservation except it was a soft top. The soft top was built first but I think it ended up on Dirt mountain on chip hold.

Sponsored

Bad Hulk

Badlands
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 Dually
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe dirt mountain is in the past. I have waited two years for mine but built 6/28 and delivered 7/25. I have all the deadly sins and had no holds once built. Some understandable shipping stuff but still got within a month!

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What is the pizza tracker status when stuck on dirt mountain? Is it “In Production” or “Built”?

mgp1

Everglades
First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades

Thanks!
My blend date was 6/22, built 6/23, shipped 6/25, arrived at dealer 7/21. It most likely would've arrived earlier if my rail car didn't go bad ordered and sat for a week waiting on repair. Then it sat in the rail car at the final rail yard for 8 days before it was unloaded. A bonus to this is that it showed up nice and clean after being sheltered in a rail car for almost a month. Good luck!

mgp1

Everglades
First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
What is the pizza tracker status when stuck on dirt mountain? Is it “In Production” or “Built”?
Usually "in production" because it's waiting on a chip in most cases.

3G & 6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 SuperDuty, misc others
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone have a recent drive-by photo of dirt mountain? Is it getting better, worse, or about the same?

Sponsored

Duke460

Outer Banks
First Name
Earle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had a blend date of 4/18 a ship of 7/20. Spent 3 months on dirt mountain waiting for chips. Body was flawless but a ton of mud underneath and dirt in every crack and crevasse. Dealer cleaned up quite a bit. It had 311 miles. Told Ford they must have used it for a off road rodeo. Lol

P3KCMO

Big Bend
First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Compass
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I believe dirt mountain is in the past. I have waited two years for mine but built 6/28 and delivered 7/25. I have all the deadly sins and had no holds once built. Some understandable shipping stuff but still got within a month!
I had a blend day of 07/26 and it's been in production ever since. Waiting on a parts audit that they hope to resolve by August 12th they said. :( Others same build week already receiving theirs though.

Last edited:

P3KCMO

Big Bend
First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Compass
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Thanks!
My blend date of 07/26 modules popped 07/27 and it's still in production in an audit waiting for parts so yes there is still a real issue some people with same build and build week have already gotten theirs so it seems random kinda like some waiting 5 months and some waiting 2 years for their bronco.
Sponsored