Sponsored

DISABLE "Engine Idle Shut Down" with Forscan?

mikeymcbryan

Base
First Name
Mikey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Has anyone tried to disable the Engine Idle Shut Down with Forscan on the Bronco?
(different than the Start-Stop function)

The Bronco only lets you idle the engine for 30 mins max (two 15 mins starts on the FordPass APP) you can shut this off in the Vehicle settings, but it auto resets on each start-up. Making it not practical for remote starting.

I know it's not a big deal for 95% of people but when it's very cold out you sometimes need a few extra starts.

Ford Bronco DISABLE "Engine Idle Shut Down" with Forscan? IMG_2624
Sponsored

Last edited:

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Look in the non as built area under the police car modes, possibly in the body module...? there is some choices that refers to this...I forget exactly where ,but when active it will idle forever like a police vehicle.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, this is very annoying. I haven't looked into changing it with Forscan yet but it is high on my list.

mrjking2000

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BadSasquatch, 2019 F-250 PowerStroker
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
to revive this old thread, i am trying to accomplish the same thing. apparently that police idle mode does not really do anything on push button start rigs. so as of now, i don't think there is any way to accomplish this. more research needed.

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't count the number of times I have started one of my vehicles, knowing the 15 min limit and then rushing getting ready only to have the vehicle shut off right as I'm reaching to push the button. Twenty min would fit my life a lot better!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I can't count the number of times I have started one of my vehicles, knowing the 15 min limit and then rushing getting ready only to have the vehicle shut off right as I'm reaching to push the button. Twenty min would fit my life a lot better!

Sounded like the timer supposed to be 30 minutes? The more and more I learn about all the naggy features, the more I want to keep my current rig :)
Sponsored