Sponsored

Disabling safety features for off-road use. Questions?

Thoos

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Thoos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Edit: It is becoming obvious that there are more mom-mobiles and board room execs than actual wheelers on this message board because y'all are missing the point. Its clear that some of you have never had a newer vehicle disable itself 50 miles from a paved road because of a superfluous airbag deployment. Believe me, if you actually off road seriously, having minor damage disable your vehicle unnecessarily is a legitimate and potentially fatal issue that seems to be overlooked.

I tried to use the search feature and found nothing addressing this question.

What sort of "safety" features does the Bronco have that are capable of disabling mechanical operations?

I know that many new cars with all this "unnecessary tech";) will often kill the fuel pump, engine, call on-star, and send a message to your insurance provider to tell them to jack your premiums:LOL: whenever the on board computer identifies an impact (or catches someone texting....o_O)

Now, I have laid over or rolled more than a few trucks doing silly stuff over the years and often its no worse than rolling it back over and doing a quick bumper/fender field repair and kicking out some glass before we are on our way again. EDIT: back to civilization and a place to do proper repairs.

Is that sort of jackrabbit engineering still a reality? If I'm back40 in the bush, is my pony going to tell me its done having fun after I let it take a quick dirt nap on its side because some "safety feature" told the truck that an accident happened and shuts it down?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Thoos

Thoos

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Thoos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
You’ve rolled over “MORE than a few” times? Maybe you need to ask for more safety features...
Sometimes I forget where the snow fences are and in a few feet of snow that's enough to lay the old girl over... excuse me for having fun!

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

What sort of "safety" features does the Bronco have that are capable of disabling mechanical operations?

I know that many new cars with all this "unnecessary tech";) will often kill the fuel pump, engine, call on-star, and send a message to your insurance provider to tell them to jack your premiums:LOL: whenever the on board computer identifies an impact (or catches someone texting....o_O)

Now, I have laid over or rolled more than a few trucks doing silly stuff over the years and often its no worse than rolling it back over and doing a quick bumper/fender field repair and kicking out some glass before we are on our way again.

Is that sort of jackrabbit engineering still a reality? If I'm back40 in the bush, is my truck going to tell me its done having fun after I let it take a quick nap on its side because some "safety feature" told the truck that an accident happened and shuts it down?
If you go to the following link, which is the owners manual for the 2021 Bronco, download it and then go to the "data privacy" section, starting on page 22, you will find some answers to your questions.
As long as the police are not involved in any of your "silly stuff", I don't think you will have to worry about your data going to your insurance company.
2021-Ford-Bronco-Owners-Manual.pdf

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now, I have laid over or rolled more than a few trucks doing silly stuff over the years and often its no worse than rolling it back over and doing a quick bumper/fender field repair and kicking out some glass before we are on our way again.

Is that sort of jackrabbit engineering still a reality? If I'm back40 in the bush, is my truck going to tell me its done having fun after I let it take a quick nap on its side because some "safety feature" told the truck that an accident happened and shuts it down?
Your name isn't Mike is it? I knew a Mike in high school that rolled 3 trucks before graduating. Hard learner he was. 😏

OP
OP
Thoos

Thoos

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Thoos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
If you go to the following link, which is the owners manual for the 2021 Bronco, download it and then go to the "data privacy" section, starting on page 22, you will find some answers to your questions.
As long as the police are not involved in any of your "silly stuff", I don't think you will have to worry about your data going to your insurance company.
2021-Ford-Bronco-Owners-Manual.pdf

LOL, no trouble with the police here. In fact my buddy's are often in on the ride!
And... the insurance comment was a joke. I guess I needed more emojis.🤷‍♂️

I'm actually more interested in the front impact sensors and the like. If I slide and impact a tree or boulder and crunch a quarter panel is the impact sensor going to give me problems? Things like that....

OP
OP
Thoos

Thoos

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Thoos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Your name isn't Mike is it? I knew a Mike in high school that rolled 3 trucks before graduating. Hard learner he was. 😏
Nope. Sorry bud.

And honestly... I dont think I ever rolled one that wasn't planned if I am being totally honest. Sometimes you just know that line isn't happening but ya go for it anyway! :LOL:

Sponsored

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Found the person who uses their 4x4 to drive 2.5 kids to Walmart from their .5 acre track home. Enjoy your mall cruiser Karen.
Damn, that took a hard left, Mr. Sensitive. I was commenting on the fact that you have needed new/replacement parts on your vehicles due to your multiple crashes/accidents. Needing glass replaced and alike will most likely go through insurance and therefore more claims often means higher rates. Plus it's a meme...

Your words, not mine. In addition, your comment back to me would have been 100% accurate if it wasn't 100% wrong. But keep being lashing out and being the cool guy.

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a CJ so never had much advanced safety features. Just a Beefy roll Bar and 4 point harness. I have heard of a story of the airbags deploying in some ones TJ while hitting a rock feature to hard.. I take it easy on the right pedal so I think I’ll be ok with the Bronco. If your one of those balls to the walls kinda person maybe pull the Airbag fuse?

Thurmy7

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban, Tacoma, Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I you've "laid over or rolled more than a few trucks doing silly stuff over the years"... you might get called out by Jeff Foxworthy soon.

Seriously though, they better have an easy way to shut off that damn beeping/warning every time you come up close to an obstacle. I heard it too many times in all the demo ride-along videos.

OP
OP
Thoos

Thoos

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Thoos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn, that took a hard left, Mr. Sensitive. I was commenting on the fact that you have needed new/replacement parts on your vehicles due to your multiple crashes/accidents. Needing glass replaced and alike will most likely go through insurance and therefore more claims often means higher rates. Plus it's a meme...

Your words, not mine. In addition, your comment back to me would have been 100% accurate if it wasn't 100% wrong. But keep being lashing out and being the cool guy.
Missed the sarcasm huh? Aww... I was just playing! I guess that one stung you a little.
Im sorry. Next time Ill be softer with more emojis!!!:p:LOL::ROFLMAO:(y)

But you are right about the insurance on glass. My old taco hasn't had windows for years for just that reason!

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Missed the sarcasm huh? Aww... I was just playing! I guess that one stung you a little.
Im sorry. Next time Ill be softer with more emojis!!!:p:LOL::ROFLMAO:(y)
Yeah, the Karen comment threw me, 'cause I'm sensitive of my hairdo!

We're good! Live, Laugh, Love!
Sponsored