Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let me start this by saying, I really enjoy *driving* and by that I mean, two hands on the wheel, never use my phone, rarely turn on the stereo. That includes things like proper signaling, good lane discipline and generally doing things the right way. It's how my wife and I drive, and how I taught my kids. It also means I can't stand when something interferes with driving.

I also like technology and my Bronco will be a full-boat lux with all the goodies. Unfortunately with all the good tech, comes the nannies. I did some searching and it looks like there are solutions for some things, but not all. So my question is, can you disable them all and are there any I'm missing?

• Engine stop/start - I already have the autostop eliminator on the shelf, lying in wait.
  • Lane keeping - can you turn it off permanently? We did on my wife's Hyundai, that thing can be dangerous.
  • Auto lamps - I like controlling my lights and I've seen some issues with them.
  • Adaptive cruise control - this has its own set of issues, specifically when you are catching up to someone, changing lanes to pass and suddenly you're going a lot slower than you expect, causing a problem for anyone behind you. My wife's car has it and it drives me nuts.
  • Anything else?
That Cadillac ad where they show people dancing around with their hands off the wheel instead of paying attention to their driving, and saying it's a good thing, should put the designers/marketers in jail. One of the worst ads I've ever seen.
Sponsored

porjos

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe an unpopular opinion, I thought I was going to hate the auto start/stop functionality - but I don't. I rarely ever notice it (manual transmission) - I've actually grown to appreciate it in some ways.

For the auto-lamp thing, I know you can turn off the auto-highbeam feature in the settings - I had issues with that blinking like a club strobe when driving through my partially lit town, if that's what you mean. Otherwise I have it as muscle memory to turn it to the top-most setting (off) so I can turn them on when I deem them to need to be. I am the master of my own destiny.

Jawaburger

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2 Door, Manual, Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The amazing number of warning chimes for every little thing can be quite annoying. I was driving a Toyota rental a couple years ago and I dropped my phone in the passenger seat and the seatbelt alarm went off. Apparently the car thought my phone was a person and the chime kept going until I removed my phone from the seat.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Engine start stop can be disabled via Forscan or the resistor method like you have.

Lane keeping can be turned off in the vehicle features in the SYNC screen

Adaptive Cruise Control can be turned off in the vehicle features in the SYNC screen

Auto lamps can be turned off via Forscan. It’ll convert to remembering the last setting so whatever you leave it at it will stay no matter what instead of defaulting to auto lamps every key cycle.

If you want truly permanent solutions to eliminating the ACC and Lane Keeping I would have to draft you up a rather long list of items to change in Forscan.

OP
OP
8cam

8cam

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That reminds me of one, the parking sensors. Those can be really good in the right situation, but they should be disabled when you're off roading.

Sponsored
OP
OP
8cam

8cam

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Engine start stop can be disabled via Forscan or the resistor method like you have.

Lane keeping can be turned off in the vehicle features in the SYNC screen

Adaptive Cruise Control can be turned off in the vehicle features in the SYNC screen

Auto lamps can be turned off via Forscan. It’ll convert to remembering the last setting so whatever you leave it at it will stay no matter what instead of defaulting to auto lamps every key cycle.

If you want truly permanent solutions to eliminating the ACC and Lane Keeping I would have to draft you up a rather long list of items to change in Forscan.
In almost 40 years of driving, this will be my very first Ford, and I had to go look up Forscan (boy that's a terrible name!). I'm a tech guy and that looks like a really interesting solution, might need to dig into that a bit.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The off-roading GOAT modes disable the nannies.

You can also disable them more permanently with Forscan.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Like most folks, I am still waiting for my Bronco, but I already have a decent list of things to disable with Forscan.

Double Honk
Auto Locks
Nanny Chimes
A/SS

Thanks to this thread I now know that auto-resetting headlamps is on the list.
Sponsored