Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F450
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Has anyone figured out yet how to disable the factory TPMS sensors through Forscan? Adding aftermarket beadlock wheels which are not TPMS capable and wanting to have the light off on the dash.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ModifyMike

ModifyMike

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F450
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think TPMS is required by law, on vehicles this modern, in most states.

I could be mistaken.
Thatā€™s what I figured, was curious if someone had cracked the code to still disable it though. My 2017 F450 Platinum doesnā€™t have them so I would think it could be possible. Trying not the have that warning plus the check engine light.

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thatā€™s what I figured, was curious if someone had cracked the code to still disable it though. My 2017 F450 Platinum doesnā€™t have them so I would think it could be possible. Trying not the have that warning plus the check engine light.
I'm guessing that any modification that lets you not have the TPMS light on, when there are not TPMS sensors in your tires verifying that the pressure in them is adequate, would be illegal.

Now, if I were determined to defeat a TPMS, my approach might be a bit more brute force. Obtain or construct some small, pressurizable container, mount the TPMS sensors in it, and pump it up to the necessary pressure to satisfy them.

I wonder if it's possible to obtain or create fake TPMS sensors, that put out a signal indicating good tire pressure, without actually sensing the pressure. Similar in concept to ā€œMIL Eliminatorsā€, but to fake good tire pressure readings rather than to fake good catalytic converter readings.

OP
OP
ModifyMike

ModifyMike

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F450
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm guessing that any modification that lets you not have the TPMS light on, when there are not TPMS sensors in your tires verifying that the pressure in them is adequate, would be illegal.

Now, if I were determined to defeat a TPMS, my approach might be a bit more brute force. Obtain or construct some small, pressurizable container, mount the TPMS sensors in it, and pump it up to the necessary pressure to satisfy them.

I wonder if it's possible to obtain or create fake TPMS sensors, that put out a signal indicating good tire pressure, without actually sensing the pressure. Similar in concept to ā€œMIL Eliminatorsā€, but to fake good tire pressure readings rather than to fake good catalytic converter readings.
Iā€™ve actually already thought about what you are proposing, small pvc pipe with a cap on each end ant a tire valve drilled in. Pressurize to the desired pressure and perfection! Iā€™ve done a little bit of reading online with other ford vehicles and it seems there is already fixes but nothing that has been confirmed on a bronco. I know Iā€™m not the only person who is going to run race wheels on a bronco so fixes will come in due time.

Sponsored

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Theoretically could be done in Forscan, but not sure how far people have gotten decoding things.

OP
OP
ModifyMike

ModifyMike

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F450
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Theoretically could be done in Forscan, but not sure how far people have gotten decoding things.
Thatā€™s what Iā€™m thinking, was hoping not to be the Guinea pigšŸ˜‚

OP
OP
ModifyMike

ModifyMike

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F450
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Worst case, put a small piece of this over the warning light:
Ford Bronco Disabling TPMS Sensors 1635898928755
Sadly would be a big piece, because on these it throws a check engine light šŸ˜‚

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I am having my beadlock wheels have double valve stems, TPMS valve stem on the inside and monster valve on the outside. The warning light would set off my OCD. I can handle to light on the trail, just not a daily basis. Also figure it might be an early
warning to an issue with the beadlock.

i am having Trail Ready make my wheels

Sponsored

AtomJester

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Ford Bronco ii
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Someone posted about changing the wheel size in forscan earlier today, with a video. The video also included how to change your tire pressure threshold for triggering a notice/warning. I assume you would be able to change it down to whatever PSI you plan on running. Idk where the thread is, try the dreaded search function.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think TPMS is required by law, on vehicles this modern, in most states.

I could be mistaken.
like reverse cameras, manufacrturers have to include the system but you arenā€™t going to get arrested for not using the system or disabling it altogether.

ShroederK

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is actually interesting to me. All itā€™s doing is sending a wireless signal to the computer which probably isnā€™t encrypted. If thatā€™s the case, you should be able to capture the data and replay it. I have the equipment to analyze what is being sent. Iā€™m going to have to nerd out on it this weekend. Just for the challenge.

Charky

Wildtrak
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sadly would be a big piece, because on these it throws a check engine light šŸ˜‚
Well, that sucks. You'd think a check engine light would come on for only engine specific issues, but not these days. Hopefully a programming work-around will be created in the near future.

OP
OP
ModifyMike

ModifyMike

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F450
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am having my beadlock wheels have double valve stems, TPMS valve stem on the inside and monster valve on the outside. The warning light would set off my OCD. I can handle to light on the trail, just not a daily basis. Also figure it might be an early
warning to an issue with the beadlock.

i am having Trail Ready make my wheels
These Methods are single valve stem but the problem is the mount itself in inset to the whee so it could potentially work with a spacer.
Ford Bronco Disabling TPMS Sensors 664C5C51-C772-49A2-9858-A516E5997AE4
Sponsored