Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Found a mannequin at Davidson Ford in Clay,ny but they told it was for service only . so I can't drive but they let me sit in a look around
That’s horse hockey. Call ford and get a ride. Ford paid good money to get demos out for us to test drive. They just want a low mile car to sell.
Sponsored

TommyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was @ NH on Sunday 9/26. There were 15 vehicles w/ two spotters. I don’t feel shorted at all. The NH trail was pretty technical with mud, trees, rocks and steep terrain. I honestly think seeing others go through the obstacles helps people determine their lines. See what works and what doesn't. I don't feel like I paid to drive the Bronco for 10 hours, I feelblike I paid to drive it and see what it's capable of as well as what it isn't capable of. Overall, I came away pretty damn impressed and a little enlightened. I drove a $40k base sasquatch where I would not have otherwise driven my own. Spotter Dan was on point and working hard all day and from what I gathered, Evan was also good. I do think the previous 2 days of rain made their jobs a bit more difficult. You get out what you put in.
I was there too. I was in Evans group. I agree that the mud slowed everything down. In addition the entire group was very new to off-roading.

while I did enjoy learning how to off road, we did spend a considerable amount of time sitting waiting. I will add that i was riding tail and most of the time I couldn’t observe the trucks ahead of me because of the trees.

I definitely enjoyed myself. This was still fun for me and the scenery was absolutely gorgeous. With that said, if I was an experienced off-roader, I probably would have been frustrated waiting all day. Having 4 guides taking 3-4 trucks would have been much better. This way you can group by experience level.

5E590CCC-A965-4C4A-AE5E-D8D88E04F101.jpeg

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hindsight, go during the week when there's no rain and you're in a group of experienced offroaders.

OP
OP
SkyKing

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hindsight, go during the week when there's no rain and you're in a group of experienced offroaders.
Experienced drivers wouldn’t matter in the NH event - the instructors force all driver to be spotted through the technical parts regardless of experience. It’s the instructor to vehicle ratio that mattered. And I did go on a weekday

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sounds like Ford is getting bit by the same issues with staffing that everyone else seems to be running into...that sucks.

I was planning on going in the Spring next year.

Sponsored

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Which is why Moab is the place to be. Real roads. Real trail. Plenty of room for the groups to separate.
I loved Moab we got to drive over everything and hit top speeds in some areas too.

OP
OP
SkyKing

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

ATHIKER

Base
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was there on Wednesday, Sept. 22, having flown in from Jacksonville, FL on Sunday. Drove from Londonderry, NH arriving at Gunstock at 8:30 AM. Two guides, Dan and Chris, divided us into two groups of 8 Broncos each. We drove about 14 miles throughout the whole day.

Our trail guide, Chris, must have run about half of that. He would dismount from the lead Bronco and run to check the condition of each obstacle, guide each vehicle through, then run up to the lead vehicle to ride to the next challenge. He didn't even sound out of breath on the radio.

I had two guests and we all got to drive about 2 hours each including the time stopped. None of us were disappointed as we used the down time to familiarize ourselves with the features and capabilities of the vehicles.

Here I am with a picture of a Bronco on the rocks...
Ford Bronco Disappointing Off-rodeo in NH 5E590CCC-A965-4C4A-AE5E-D8D88E04F101
Very similar experience on 9/23, also had Chris as our guide. We had a total of 8 units, 4 for each guide. Having no real "off-roading" experience I thought Chris did a superb job teaching. We used the lockers and trail turn assist in multiple places that day.

soonerbronco

Badlands
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 14 year old daughter and I attended the NH Off Roadeo on Sunday, September 26. Dan (our guide/instructor) did a great job even though there were 8 Broncos in our group. There was some waiting due to Dan having to run back and forth to spot; the quality of the facilities and professionalism of the staff exceeded our expectations! Ford really put the financial resources into this program.... the branding (on everything) was first class, the trail network was well thought-out, the food was awesome, and the guides were top notch..... My daughter wants to do it again, albeit out west....

Ford: thanks for not dropping the ball on this perk!
Ford Bronco Disappointing Off-rodeo in NH CAA574EE-773E-4079-A558-0530098C45CE

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry to hear you didn't have the experience you were expecting. We went last month and had two guides for about 8 Broncos. We had a blast. I can see how rain and only one guide could make for slow going. They turned us loose a lot and we drove everything except the big obstacles without much spotting. The weather was perfect for us and I still almost slid into a tree, so I'm sure that risk goes up when it's wet.

Sponsored

ATHIKER

Base
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Base
Had a great time at NH on 9/23. A little bit of rain that day coupled with heavier rains the day before made for some slick rocks but learned a lot on when and where to utilize the lockers and trail turn assist.

IMG_0308.JPG

Attachments

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We barely hit 10mph.
Do the Moab, Las Vegas, and New Hampshire sites have a "high-speed" track like they do in Austin? We had a blast on that track!

Fast forward to 21:45 or so.

alivecchi003

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully our experience this Sunday will be better! I live in PA, so the Northeast makes the most sense to learn the terrain around me. No sense in going to Vegas if I’ll never be in the sand.

If anyone else is heading there this Sunday I’ll see you there.

Jwall

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Very similar experience on 9/23, also had Chris as our guide. We had a total of 8 units, 4 for each guide. Having no real "off-roading" experience I thought Chris did a superb job teaching. We used the lockers and trail turn assist in multiple places that day.
I was in that group on the 23rd. I thought Chris did great. He pretty much let do whatever i wanted. He spotted for my wife more than he did for me…and she only drove for 15 minutes. Lol.
I thought it was a great event, even with some off road experience.
NH was awesome. Lots of mud, and tight trees…real world situations for our Midwest wheeling we do here.

BED9B109-337C-46C7-9192-F84DAA76B19F.jpeg

99BFC142-1BA4-4E6C-BCE5-06C25A211580.jpeg

1524165D-CA89-405B-8679-E4138FC42E60.jpeg

9DF9B2A0-D3F3-4C53-A1D9-7B9524640124.jpeg

BE313AE0-1432-4C4F-89F6-6FA7E6722B2B.jpeg

ATHIKER

Base
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was in that group on the 23rd. I thought Chris did great. He pretty much let do whatever i wanted. He spotted for my wife more than he did for me…and she only drove for 15 minutes. Lol.
I thought it was a great event, even with some off road experience.
NH was awesome. Lots of mud, and tight trees…real world situations for our Midwest wheeling we do here.

Ford Bronco Disappointing Off-rodeo in NH BE313AE0-1432-4C4F-89F6-6FA7E6722B2B

Thanks for posting a few pics, nice to see some views of my rig in front of you.
Sponsored