First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey there! I'd like to see what I can do to assist you with this, as we appreciate you being part of the Ford family. Please send us a private message with your order number. Thanks!
Better yet, post your VIN NUMBER PUBLICLY SO THAT NO ONE WILL GET HOSED WITH UNDISCLOSED PAST DAMAGE!
Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is my fear.
This is nothing. The OP will have to wait a couple of months for the right car.

What is frightening is if the dealer that it goes to will actually tell the new buyer that it has been rebuilt.

Dealer do sell repaired vehicles as new. THAT is my fear.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is nothing. The OP will have to wait a couple of months for the right car.

What is frightening is if the dealer that it goes to will actually tell the new buyer that it has been rebuilt.

Dealer do sell repaired vehicles as new. THAT is my fear.
They are supposed to disclose if the damage is over a certain percentage of sticker, but good luck with that.
https://www.autoblog.com/2015/12/06/new-car-damage-repair/

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, TD5 Defender
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This sort of thing happens a lot. You’d be shocked to find out some of the in-transit damage that is repaired before a car ever reaches the customer.

if it had happened a little further upstream it probably would’ve been fixed and you’d have never known.

Sponsored

petengineer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unless there is some sort of predefined claims process between the shipper and FORD, I imagine the shippers insurance company will take ownership and send it to auction where they might end up making more than they paid out in damages so yet again insurance company will make out like a bandit!

Monkey

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition MAX, F-350, a Tesla, & More...
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Somebody probably has already said this, but its hard to read 13 pages of comments. Dealer could have accepted it, fast tracked it thru their collision center let you drive it till the new order comes in then Ford could approve the buy back or a simple "key toss" to get you in a virgin Bronco. Hope it goes your way.!
That could work, maybe. In any case, the damaged Bronco will probably be repaired and sold with a CarFax collision report to a new buyer long before OP gets a replacement.

ollie

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's not Ford's fault... They can however react and do their best to remedy the problem.
Actually it's Fords fault if they hired one of these crappy Hot Shot companies with no experience. This is a common theme with dealerships these days. Real car carriers are losing work to these bottom feeder drivers with a dually and a Big Tex trailer willing to deliver for half the price.

And can say with almost 100% certainty that's how the vehicle was hauled. I drove tankers for a living a long time and have seen my share of these so called "hot shots" driving and accident history. We even had safety meetings with videos and warning us to stay way away from these goofballs.

It's no sweat off Fords back if they wad up a vehicle. They simply deny the load and life moves on to another cheap hot shot carrier.

To the OP I'm sorry this happened to you. Also when negotiating freight cost find out the Point Of Origin. Dealer will attempted to rape you on freight to line their profit margin. You can do a simple search and find out the true cost.

GeoWar64

Badlands
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At my company, we pride ourselves on phenomenal customer service and an exceptional client experience. We don't always get it right, but we sure try hard. And when we fail, we admit it and go to great lengths to set things right. I was on the phone earlier today with a company that I needed support from. Their customer service was exceptional and it will not go unnoticed in terms of brand loyalty. Ford is failing and failing fast in many areas. Over promising and under delivering. Uncontrolled dealers gouging long time order holders at the last minute. Competent CDL drivers are hard to come by these days. The trucking company disaster is likely not their direct fault, but they can still help set things right. I had a similar problem with shipping damages on the delivery of my highly anticipated 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4 in Charcoal Gold Satin (I loved that very comfortable and capable Jeep). The dealership went to great lengths to get me a replacement within a month. We are all watching you, Ford Motor Company and Scarsdale Ford!

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Actually it's Fords fault if they hired one of these crappy Hot Shot companies with no experience. This is a common theme with dealerships these days. Real car carriers are losing work to these bottom feeder drivers with a dually and a Big Tex trailer willing to deliver for half the price.
They could let them sit and wait until they can get higher quality outfits, but seems like choices are getting tight.

The industry is experiencing a severe shortage, which is expected to grow even worse over the next decade. ... Left unchecked, that shortage could swell to more than 160,000 drivers nationally by 2028, said Bob Costello, the ATA's chief economist.Jun 23, 2021

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We are all watching you, Ford Motor Company and Scarsdale Ford!
Didn't I just see Ford step in and offer help to OP 2 pages back and still the complaining continues? OP got Ford's attention. What more do you expect?

DFNMAN

Base
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 2dr, 15' M3, 07' FJ, 03' M3, 79' 928
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe they will send you another hammock... Seriously though, that sucks. I am a dealer and have cars transported all over the country. This has only happened to me once, they dropped the top of the trailer on a Bentley. It took a year to get it taken care of with an attorney handling it.

Last edited:

Jp215

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
One piece of advice I saw elsewhere:
Demand a copy of the OASIS report before you sign anything. This should document if any bodywork was done on a 'new' vehicle. Not sure how true that is, but, it can't hurt anyway.
Repair like that wouldn’t show up on oasis. Oasis shows vehicle info like vin, build date engine and trans and related codes and recent warranty repairs. Collision damage is never warranty
Sponsored