Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks, Lexus 450H
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry for your troubles!!
I am amazed at the number of damaged vehicles that have shown up on this site.
Is this a normal transportation issue for manufacturers and are we just more aware of the problems because we can see them here?
Mine arrived damaged, but fortunately it was just a broken drivers side mirror that could epoxied in place until a replacement module can be received. I at least can drive the vehicle until repairs can me made. Can’t imagine waiting all the months we have for our Broncos and then have it delivered like this.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry for your troubles!!
I am amazed at the number of damaged vehicles that have shown up on this site.
Is this a normal transportation issue for manufacturers and are we just more aware of the problems because we can see them here?
Mine arrived damaged, but fortunately it was just a broken drivers side mirror that could epoxied in place until a replacement module can be received. I at least can drive the vehicle until repairs can me made. Can’t imagine waiting all the months we have for our Broncos and then have it delivered like this.
It's pretty common. There was one around here a while back that the trucks brakes caught fire and burned the vehicles. There were 2 Broncos months ago going to a gathering burned in a truck fire. There are lots of vehicles that arrive with minor damage that gets repaired prior to delivery and the customer is never aware of.

Seralan

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 2500HD, Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty sure its because we get a play-by-play on everything!
I bet that Ford regrets this whole reservation-interactive-experience-Thing!
Lol!
If they did regret it, then they wouldn't be doing it all over again with the lightning.

Aviboy97

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well, it actually isnt his yet. The dealer refusing shipment likely did him a big favor.
If you consider the “big favor” waiting months if not another year and changing the color, then sure.

Again, the customer wasn’t given a choice.

Common practice is when a vehicle is damaged in transit, the transportation co is on the hook regardless. Dealer can take it and have damage noted on the bill of lading. That didn’t happen here.

Sponsored

Fireman Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you consider the “big favor” waiting months if not another year and changing the color, then sure.

Again, the customer wasn’t given a choice.

Common practice is when a vehicle is damaged in transit, the transportation co is on the hook regardless. Dealer can take it and have damage noted on the bill of lading. That didn’t happen here.
What choice? To keep it? I am betting very few people would accept that damage and be ok with a dealer repair.
It was an accident. They happen every day. Its unfortunate and it sucks but it's part of life. Its a bit unreasonable to expect Ford to stop the line and make a replacement one which would screw the next person and just moving the pain down the line. Life happens, sometimes you just gotta roll with it.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The customer is the dealer. They are the one that needs to decide to accept or not.
Is it really the dealer in this new ordering setup? In the traditional old way- sure- the dealer determines what to order and what goes on the lot for sale. But now the customer is essentially special ordering what THEY want and the dealer is just the conduit for it to occur. The method of purchasing is different now.
Now I agree the dealer did right and wouldn’t accept a damaged vehicle, but should the customer have input since it’s their special order? 🤷‍♂️

Aviboy97

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The customer is the dealer. They are the one that needs to decide to accept or not.
Not true. The dealer can accept the car and have damage noted on the bill of lading. Transport company is liable. I’m in the business. This is how it’s done, in fact I’ve got one right now like that.

Aviboy97

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What choice? To keep it? I am betting very few people would accept that damage and be ok with a dealer repair.
It was an accident. They happen every day. Its unfortunate and it sucks but it's part of life. Its a bit unreasonable to expect Ford to stop the line and make a replacement one which would screw the next person and just moving the pain down the line. Life happens, sometimes you just gotta roll with it.
No one knows that the damage is! I’ve been through this on several occasions and in every case, we accept the car, transport company is liable for any damages. If the customer is ok with repair, we move forward or get them another car. We then disclose that the car was previously repaired to the next buyer and all is well.

Been doing this for nearly 17 years. Never have I once seen this.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Now I agree the dealer did right and wouldn’t accept a damaged vehicle, but should the customer have input since it’s their special order? 🤷‍♂️
In my opinion, no. If there were issues later on with the vehicle, the dealer would have to make good on it. That could cost them money when simply refusing the vehicle costs them nothing.

Val916

Wildtrak
First Name
Valerie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No one knows that the damage is! I’ve been through this on several occasions and in every case, we accept the car, transport company is liable for any damages. If the customer is ok with repair, we move forward or get them another car. We then disclose that the car was previously repaired to the next buyer and all is well.

Been doing this for nearly 17 years. Never have I once seen this.
In my case the car was far too damaged to repair or else I would have done that. Not sure if you follow any of the sport forums but others also received their cars damaged but none that I know of that had a roof issue like myself and the OP did, it was more bumper or fender.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Pretty sure its because we get a play-by-play on everything!
I bet that Ford regrets this whole reservation-interactive-experience-Thing!
Lol!
I know I do. LOL

I'm just tired of all the whining.

AwestinTX

Wildtrak
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
An Open Letter to 6G members, friends, and Bill Ford,

How to put this into words.... On July 15, 2020, at 9:43AM EST, I ordered my Bronco, a gorgeous 4 door badlands in race red. I couldn't have been more excited. My 3 kids couldn't have been more excited. On September 21, 2021, at 3:48PM, I got an email from my dealer. I'd known the Bronco was on a truck coming in from New Jersey, and so this was it--the big moment--time to pick up my baby. Right? Wrong. The email contained the picture below. The outsourced jersey trucking company destroyed my bronco (see image from dealer parking lot). The dealer refused receipt of the vehicle, and wanted me to know they had submitted a replacement order. I might have a replacement in 4 months, though no one could be sure. Perhaps next summer. I just got the email confirming the new order. At the end it says, "Thank you again for your order." No, thank you.

I have a request of anyone reading this. Please share my story. If you know someone at Ford who can help me, please point them my way. If you yourself are a Ford executive and believe that your "customer base" is not a faceless mass of wallets to be emptied, that it's individual human beings who love your company and deserve something in return, occasionally something above and beyond, please talk to me. Help fix this quickly. If you're Bill Ford, wave your wand. Here's a challenge: put a replacement bronco, a 4 door beauty in race red, at my dealer in 3 weeks. This customer deserves it.

Thank you.

ouch (1).jpg

IMG_4559.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-03 at 12.47.31 PM.png
My buddy ordered a new defender (supposed to be one of the first delivered to TX) and Land Rover dropped it off of the assembly line. They totaled it right then and there. Took 6+ months to get his truck.