Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How tf did the company be like "welp let's see if the dealer accepts it." Thinking out loud. Idk if it would help but the dealership should have accepted it then ordered parts? Idk which would have a better response?

Val916

Wildtrak
First Name
Valerie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

wait, you had a Bronco in MARCH?!!!!
I ordered a sport badlands not a big bronco (that’s coming later). Sport badlands with all the options are in short supply it’s impossible to find a replacement so I have to wait for my order or I’d just look for another one. I feel for the OP since it’s not like we can just find another one, him and I are in the same situation

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Being in the auto business for 16 years myself, and having seen cars gets damaged in transit, I’ve always had the option to present the facts to the customer and let them decide. Sometimes the customer was ok with fixing their car and other times we replaced it. It’s always been their choice.

Now, this is a different case as Broncos aren’t readily available to purchase. We also don’t know about structure damage, but it sure doesn’t appear that way, but this one lone photo doesn’t tell the whole story.

I get what you’re saying too, but for a decision to be made without a conversation with the customer seems off to me.
Sorry to hear about the damage. Its not Ford's fault that it occured, but the transportation company who delivered the Bronco most likely. It doesn’t always work with transparency to the customer. 2 months ago my son-in-law to be purchased a 2021 RAM TRX that had to be trucked in from another dealership. The vehicle was tracked to the dealership and on the weekend a visit was made to the storage lot whereby the truck was sitting with a caved in roof and broken windshield. The dealer appeared to have every intention of repairing the damage without any disclosure. My son-in-law to be went in to the dealership and met with management who refused to cut any deal on the truck (the agreed purchase was $10k over MSRP). They also initially refused to rescind the deal, but after some heavy and loud pressure, they agreed, returning the $10,000 deposit and 2019 Cad Escalade used as a trade-in.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There appears not to be structural damage there. I’ve seen worse done by a tree that was rather easily fixed. The a pillar doesn’t appear to be out of position, nor does the windshield.

We’d need to see more pics, but that looks to be a rather easy fix, from my experience.

I highly doubt that can be a total loss.
look again at the gouges on the top part. Not even mentioning the huge dent. I'm not a body mechanic to me that's totalled

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Me either. Just seems to be trying to find out if there is anything to speed up a possible 4 month wait for another one. I can’t imagine waiting that long, the day comes and it’s trashed by the shipper and then having to wait another 4+ months. Some people on here get way too butt hurt over things.
OP doesn't own the vehicle. It might make a difference to Ford if he did. He has options to walk away or buy a lot Bronco with ADM or simply wait for the replacement.

Reactions: GMC

cowinsawdents

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE, 19 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I mean it sucks yea...but you also have a 911 listed in your vehicle list so....relax, life could be worse? Idk if you're going to have much luck getting someone on the forum to "wave their hand and get you a new bronco in 3 weeks because you deserve it" when 90% of us are still waiting...most of us without a 911 in the driveway.

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How tf did the company be like "welp let's see if the dealer accepts it." Thinking out loud. Idk if it would help but the dealership should have accepted it then ordered parts? Idk which would have a better response?
Haha, you should see what FedEx, UPS and other carriers try to deliver on a daily basis.
PXL_20210716_172953563.MP.jpg

Edit: this was a box of 30 glass UV light bulbs.

@Godot75 this totally sucks. It's everyones worst nightmare come true. Hopefully you get some traction and they build you a new one quickly.

JMcBronco

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

An Open Letter to 6G members, friends, and Bill Ford,

How to put this into words.... On July 15, 2020, at 9:43AM EST, I ordered my Bronco, a gorgeous 4 door badlands in race red. I couldn't have been more excited. My 3 kids couldn't have been more excited. On September 21, 2021, at 3:48PM, I got an email from my dealer. I'd known the Bronco was on a truck coming in from New Jersey, and so this was it--the big moment--time to pick up my baby. Right? Wrong. The email contained the picture below. The outsourced jersey trucking company destroyed my bronco (see image from dealer parking lot). The dealer refused receipt of the vehicle, and wanted me to know they had submitted a replacement order. I might have a replacement in 4 months, though no one could be sure. Perhaps next summer. I just got the email confirming the new order. At the end it says, "Thank you again for your order." No, thank you.

I have a request of anyone reading this. Please share my story. If you know someone at Ford who can help me, please point them my way. If you yourself are a Ford executive and believe that your "customer base" is not a faceless mass of wallets to be emptied, that it's individual human beings who love your company and deserve something in return, occasionally something above and beyond, please talk to me. Help fix this quickly. If you're Bill Ford, wave your wand. Here's a challenge: put a replacement bronco, a 4 door beauty in race red, at my dealer in 3 weeks. This customer deserves it.

Thank you.

Ford Bronco Disaster!  My incoming Bronco destroyed by trucking company! Please help PXL_20210716_172953563.MP

Ford Bronco Disaster!  My incoming Bronco destroyed by trucking company! Please help PXL_20210716_172953563.MP

This is a GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY for @fordmotorcomany to show some love to a dedicated customer and win back some trust in this community. Anything less is another reason for more feet walking out the door.

Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP doesn't own the vehicle. It might make a difference to Ford if he did. He has options to walk away or buy a lot Bronco with ADM or simply wait for the replacement.
Yes we all know what the options are, but it could also include Ford stepping up and delivering a new vehicle in less than 4 months. In my business if I ship a customer a product and it arrives damaged, it’s on us to get it replaced ASAP with acceptable product. Then we can hash out whatever needs to be dealt with on the shipper. The customer doesn’t care how/why/who damaged the product, they want and need it replaced. It’s called taking care of your customers so that they will remain customers for the present and future. It wasn’t Fords fault the shipper damaged the vehicle, but it’s ultimately their responsibility to fix the issue and make the customer happy.

Dsprouse

First Edition
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That doesn’t look nearly as bad as described.

Has there been an offer to fix it?
My dealer had a sport damaged in transit and I think it had been over 4 months and no replacement parts. New vehicle and it was just a bumper. I suspect this person would be waiting even longer on parts. This is so sad. I’m so sorry.

SuperDave150

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

:(Too bad so sad. Nevertheless you nailed it in the subject line. The trucking company did it - not Ford, not your dealer.

In reality however these things happen. I’ve seen worse. Like a dually with the fenders ripped off, or another with the cab smashed down to the level of the bed. I’ve also had shippers just totally loose something extremely valuable to me.

Count your blessings, get a good night sleep, and enjoy life with your family while you grow in patience & maturity as you wait.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes we all know what the options are, but it could also include Ford stepping up and delivering a new vehicle in less than 4 months. In my business if I ship a customer a product and it arrives damaged, it’s on us to get it replaced ASAP with acceptable product. Then we can hash out whatever needs to be dealt with on the shipper. The customer doesn’t care how/why/who damaged the product, they want and need it replaced. It’s called taking care of your customers so that they will remain customers for the present and future. It wasn’t Fords fault the shipper damaged the vehicle, but it’s ultimately their responsibility to fix the issue and make the customer happy.
That's fine and expected when you have more on the shelf. In this case, what would Ford do, take someone else's Bronco and make that customer wait?

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This sucks, but I guess I don't get your tone. A shipping company screwed up Ford's (not yours) Bronco. Ford is the aggrieved party, not you. Ford had to file the claim and work out the loss, not you. You just have to wait a little while for a brand new vehicle. I am sure they will take care of you as soon as possible.

Not sure an "open letter" is the best way to get your voice heard.

An Open Letter to 6G members, friends, and Bill Ford,

How to put this into words.... On July 15, 2020, at 9:43AM EST, I ordered my Bronco, a gorgeous 4 door badlands in race red. I couldn't have been more excited. My 3 kids couldn't have been more excited. On September 21, 2021, at 3:48PM, I got an email from my dealer. I'd known the Bronco was on a truck coming in from New Jersey, and so this was it--the big moment--time to pick up my baby. Right? Wrong. The email contained the picture below. The outsourced jersey trucking company destroyed my bronco (see image from dealer parking lot). The dealer refused receipt of the vehicle, and wanted me to know they had submitted a replacement order. I might have a replacement in 4 months, though no one could be sure. Perhaps next summer. I just got the email confirming the new order. At the end it says, "Thank you again for your order." No, thank you.

I have a request of anyone reading this. Please share my story. If you know someone at Ford who can help me, please point them my way. If you yourself are a Ford executive and believe that your "customer base" is not a faceless mass of wallets to be emptied, that it's individual human beings who love your company and deserve something in return, occasionally something above and beyond, please talk to me. Help fix this quickly. If you're Bill Ford, wave your wand. Here's a challenge: put a replacement bronco, a 4 door beauty in race red, at my dealer in 3 weeks. This customer deserves it.

Thank you.

Sponsored