Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Okay. Will stand by waiting for some answers. Now in your case nothing actually broke, so I would think they could pull some codes and give you your Bronco back?

It's not like it wasn't drivable. Several other people are having electronic glitches as well it seems.
Yeah, they will have it back to me by end of day, could have set an appointment to wait for them but they are within walking distance so just dropped it off when they opened and will pick it up before they close and see what they say.
Sponsored

evilletruck

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, they will have it back to me by end of day, could have set an appointment to wait for them but they are within walking distance so just dropped it off when they opened and will pick it up before they close and see what they say.

Ok well I was wrong they ended up keeping it overnight, the "bad" reading that was from the rear wheel sensor was actual no signal at all, so they are chasing the connection through the entire vehicle to see if there are any weak or lose connections anywhere.

evilletruck

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ok well I was wrong they ended up keeping it overnight, the "bad" reading that was from the rear wheel sensor was actual no signal at all, so they are chasing the connection through the entire vehicle to see if there are any weak or lose connections anywhere.

Ok so have the BRonco back and the conclusion is... šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø They checked all the connections , sensors, did pin tests on a bunch of connectors and have not found anything conclusive.

Got it back with the understanding that I have an open appointment with them anytime any lights come on, bring it straight in and grab the service manager, who has had direct line with Ford engineers ass well.

Everythings logged and checked and if there are further reports from any others it will be compiled together but for now its a wait and see if it happens again, hopefully not, but if it does its good to know that they want to hear about it right away and try and capture any data they can.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok so have the BRonco back and the conclusion is... šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø They checked all the connections , sensors, did pin tests on a bunch of connectors and have not found anything conclusive.

Got it back with the understanding that I have an open appointment with them anytime any lights come on, bring it straight in and grab the service manager, who has had direct line with Ford engineers ass well.

Everythings logged and checked and if there are further reports from any others it will be compiled together but for now its a wait and see if it happens again, hopefully not, but if it does its good to know that they want to hear about it right away and try and capture any data they can.
Did they have a field service engineer come in?

evilletruck

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did they have a field service engineer come in?
I think? To tell you the truth I am not sure, I know they had someone there, but not sure what their official job title was.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think? To tell you the truth I am not sure, I know they had someone there, but not sure what their official job title was.
Pretty sure the FSE services them as well as us. I was going to reach out to him for info. in case we would happen to run into a similar situation. No sense spending hours doing diag work if it's the same problem and we can quickly eliminate hardware as the cause. Most likely going to be software but wanted to reach out to him for confirmation.

atxbronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch/Soft-top)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can confirm this problem with my Badlands/Sasquatch. Lost drive modes, Stabilizer bar control, both lockers and 4wheel lo reported unavailable in addition to the ABS/Service Advance Trac/Pre-Collision not available, etc, etc. Was already in 4 wheel low, Rock Crawl drive mode at the time with sta-bar and rear locker enabled. Needed more traction so hit front locker button and the system crashed.

A few observations.
-no visible damage, no impacts, no cringe events before the problem
-no idea what the real cause of this is
-no idea if hitting front locker button had anything to do with this or was just coincidental timing
-pretty sure I had 4lo even though an error message popped up because I was already there and was able to pull off to side of trail to investigate
-disconnecting the negative battery terminal reset everything and brought back all functionality (included toolkit socket fits battery terminals)

Everything was great for a few days until a Sta-Bar Disconnect Service Required message appeared. This one is not going away with a battery reset and the error disables all GOAT Drive Modes (Drive Mode Not Available message). Still have control of 4lo/4hi/4A/2H and both rear/front lockers work. No other warning messages. Took it into Ford Dealer for service.

Dealer Service confirmed no physical damage and said the Chassis Control Module tested bad. Waiting on part to confirm this resolves the issue. Will update forum when I have something definitive.

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Respectfully, this dude needs to read the fucking manual. Mashing buttons until errors go away, is an indicator that this dude doesnā€™t know wtf heā€™s doing. This guy should be banned from making videos until his knowledge base catches up with the rest of the world. Hard to watch

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Respectfully, this dude needs to read the fucking manual. Mashing buttons until errors go away, is an indicator that this dude doesnā€™t know wtf heā€™s doing. This guy should be banned from making videos until his knowledge base catches up with the rest of the world. Hard to watch
Mashing buttons until errors go away is my jam! Works most of the time. That and a good restart.

Sponsored

BroBronco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well this thread makes me miss all non goat mode vehicles. Just put it in 4wd hi or lo and go. The good ole days.

Whatever it is, will be easy fix once they find solution. For now it sounds like a you should have a second vehicle near by on trail rides and dont be a fool trying to operate all features in a panic.

I bet the goat mode feature has a bug and is the culprit messing everything up. TBD

Spray

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, kinda, the mid (68-72) years when they had the T handle 4x4 shifter could be real glitchy. They switched back to the non T handle in 73 or so.
Yeah the T handle and the J shift transfer case shifters both suck! Thatā€™s why I dual sticked my 73 build. I can drive rear wheel, front wheel, or 4 wheel on demand. It has a NP435 gear box the has a granny gear that at 5K RPM in low range might get me to 4mph! Itā€™s more like a tractor.
Sponsored