BA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang/F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So hopefully I can answer some questions about the video that seem to keep popping up :)

1. Why try and drive up hill in 2WD to start? Because it was for a Youtube video, where any offroad trails look way less significant than they are in person and it does not take long before the " My moms fiat could do that trail in reverse" comments. So wanted to show that no you can not drive over it it 2WD.

2. Sequence of events. After slipping first time in 2WD , put in Neutral and turned on Mud Rut mode, which I stayed in until next hill where I slipped a bit, reversed, repositioned and slipped again, that second slippage caused all the errors, and shifted back in normal mode. Was unable to change gear or made regardless of being in gear, in park, or in neutral.

Put in Neutral and was unable to select any mode, but was able to select 4Low and lock the diff with the dedicated buttons, but not change mode.

After getting to flat land was still unable to change modes, still had ABS lights and warnings, was not able to select 2WD (yes after unlocking the locker ). Turned off ignition, turned back on, was finally able to select 2WD but still had all warnings.

Drove about a mile in 2WD and lights and warnings all went away. Was then able to freely change modes once again like nothing ever happened.

3. He's an idiot. This may be true, and I may not be the expert some of you here are but, being in 4 wheel drive in Mud/Rut mode and having it kick me out at the first sign of some tire slippage and putting me back to normal mode is not something of my own doing.
Until I saw this video, Ii felt like, from an off-road perspective, Broncos were bulletproof. So all this delay... Months of being bullshitted... would be worth it. Sure there's a top fiasco, but everything else is fine. Pffft. What the hell do we know?

Now, I'm thinking there's more than one person at Ford with their head up their ass...( Obviously the one who had the bright idea to outsource these tops to the lowest bidder, no matter how incompetent). Then there's the one who said, let's give them free headliner. Lol there are no tops to put headliner on! And the ones they are cranking out on 2 doors are lining the lots with bad roof written all over the windows?

And they delivered your roof with one section of headliner? WTF is going on,. It's not Larry, Moe, and Curly running things... Waaaayyyy worse than we thought. Hell, way worse than anyone is conceding. Forget about these guys who want to put you down rather than face the facts... We are all screwed.
Sponsored

_bxt

Badlands
First Name
BA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang/F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd be willing to bet the root cause of this is something so comically simple like a loose battery terminal.
Or.... there could be systemic incompetence at Ford. They have an amazing designer, and then some liars and cover-up artists. And underpaid, unenthused workers slapping parts together. The one section of headliner blows my mind. Someone made that decision, and they felt like it was the right one.

ILoveTacos

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did he say the manual states to "expect some strange behavior during the first 1000 miles" ????

Ta2punk

Raptor
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Are the OTA updates just for the Sync system, or for the entire vehicle? I was under the assumption it was just for the infotainment, but could very well be wrong.
Majority of vehicles these days can get OTA updates for systems within the vehicle as they are electronically controlled.

Sponsored

evilletruck

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So a few important points here: 1. The AdvanceTrac system relies on the ABS system. If there is a fault in the ABS system, the AdvanceTrac system will disable. 2. When there is a fault (bad sensor reading) it takes a couple of cycles of good readings to clear. 3. Sometimes you have bad sensors and sometimes good sensors give bad readings (trust me, I'm an Automation Engineer, it happens).

So to sum it up, he got a bad ABS sensor reading which caused an ABS fault and disabled AdvanceTrac. It cleared when he got it on the road as is had enough cycles with no fault to clear. It had NOTHING to do with a GOAT MODE failure, or a software issue, or anything like that. If it happens again he likely needs to have an ABS sensor replaced under warranty, no big deal.
Thanks, that about summed up the whole issue I think, figured I could do some testing in my driveway to see if I can reproduce. Chock 3 wheels raise the 4th give it some gas and see if it kicks another ABS fault or not. Not exact same scenario as original fault but should be close enough to see if it's duplicatable or not. If so replace the sensor and call it good (hopefully) Plan to go around all 4 wheels like this just to see. will post an update.

evilletruck

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah - that is what I am trying to find out. It - um - really matters to my passenger …

Also if Leather is any different on a non-powered two door.

I only have the lumbar support dial on the drivers side, not on passenger seat.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I only have the lumbar support dial on the drivers side, not on passenger seat.
Thanks! Now I just need to find an FE two door, though I don’t think leather will make a difference.

evilletruck

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did he say the manual states to "expect some strange behavior during the first 1000 miles" ????
Yup

Your vehicle requires a break-in period. For the first 1,000 mi (1,600 km), avoid driving at high speeds, heavy braking, aggressive shifting or using your vehicle to tow. During this time, your vehicle may exhibit some unusual driving characteristics.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't you need to be in Neutral or parked to change goat modes/4 or 2? He was in drive the whole time.
From going to high to low range yes... The system will prompt you to switch to neutral if you're not already 👍🏻

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think that you are all over reacting on this. What this was is completely software related and probably user error to be honest. It's just the computer getting confused that the advancetrac was getting inputs that didn't make sense and instead of attributing the strange inputs to wheel slippage, it believed that a sensor failure occurred. That's why the computer recovered once it was on road and all 4 wheels had normal traction. I believe that the computer was simply trying to communicate that it detected what it perceived to be a fault, and once the situation was resolved, it went back to normal operation. This is why you want to have an OBD-II scanner, because when the computer really acts up, you can usually reset codes and restore normal operation, even under the worst circumstances (my F-150 from time to time will even throw a fault when I get it confused).

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So a few important points here: 1. The AdvanceTrac system relies on the ABS system. If there is a fault in the ABS system, the AdvanceTrac system will disable. 2. When there is a fault (bad sensor reading) it takes a couple of cycles of good readings to clear. 3. Sometimes you have bad sensors and sometimes good sensors give bad readings (trust me, I'm an Automation Engineer, it happens).

So to sum it up, he got a bad ABS sensor reading which caused an ABS fault and disabled AdvanceTrac. It cleared when he got it on the road as is had enough cycles with no fault to clear. It had NOTHING to do with a GOAT MODE failure, or a software issue, or anything like that. If it happens again he likely needs to have an ABS sensor replaced under warranty, no big deal.

I really wish they would pin this as the first reply as a disclaimer so ignorant people (please understand that is not an insult, just means you don't know) stop overreacting....
Exactly.

It may not be a bad sensor, but just an unusual condition that was misinterpreted as a bad sensor momentarily and reset once the vehicle was operating back within the expected parameters. It's not a big deal.

I can't believe it took this long for someone to talk some sense.

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just remove the goat mode dial and add a cup holder. Kill 2 birds with one stone. I would only need the goat mode to access eco mode and a switch could do that.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly.

It may not be a bad sensor, but just an unusual condition that was misinterpreted as a bad sensor momentarily and reset once the vehicle was operating back within the expected parameters. It's not a big deal.

I can't believe it took this long for someone to talk some sense.
Drama queens and jeep fanboy trolls create too much noise. But it's mostly the drama queens.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think that you are all over reacting on this. What this was is completely software related and probably user error to be honest. It's just the computer getting confused that the advancetrac was getting inputs that didn't make sense and instead of attributing the strange inputs to wheel slippage, it believed that a sensor failure occurred. That's why the computer recovered once it was on road and all 4 wheels had normal traction. I believe that the computer was simply trying to communicate that it detected what it perceived to be a fault, and once the situation was resolved, it went back to normal operation. This is why you want to have an OBD-II scanner, because when the computer really acts up, you can usually reset codes and restore normal operation, even under the worst circumstances (my F-150 from time to time will even throw a fault when I get it confused).
Confused computer....?? Lol
So in other words, the software engineers did a shit job in designing the GOAT system.
The shop has already pulled stored codes for left rear wheel speed sensor, among other hardware related codes.
Sponsored