redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ok Mr Texas mechanic. You can diagnose all you want... I can doubt you all are half as competent as you think you are. That's my contribution. Your contribution misses the point that THIS Bronco, and Broncos driven by professionals at sanctioned events, have needed to be "reset" after light off-road use. It's doubtful that this is an isolated issue. Ford needs to step it up.

Not to sure where you are coming from with this but you say I am not competent to comment on this. Well, Mr expert, I have been in the car business for 20 years modifying peoples rides, and have been into all things mechanical since I have been 10 years old. All I pointed out was that a I saw a video that the same problem happen to Shelby and apparently Ford did not think there was a problem because now we have customers receiving Broncos with the same problem.

So as far as I am concerned sir you can take your comments and shove them right up your ASS !!!
Sponsored

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bro, you haven't heard??? The JD Texas sensor expert historian guy has already spoken. This is NOT new OR Bronco specific...case closed!
I do actually know what I'm talking about and I know that I don't HAVE to prove that to you but why not:

"A vehicleā€™s ā€œService AdvanceTracā€ warning light can be illuminated for a number of reasons, but most often pertains to sensor-related issues."

"When faced with an AdvanceTrac system issue, you can still drive your vehicle without any ill-effects. However, most vehicles automatically disable all AdvanceTrac related functions, when an active system fault has been detected."

"Service AdvanceTrac" Warning Light (What it Means and How to Reset) (cartreatments.com)

Given the fact that the ABS light was illuminated, it very likely was an ABS sensor fault. The fact that it went away after he drove for a while points even more to a temporary sensor fault. Obviously he should go get diagnostics ran to find out exactly what happened.

This whole "the sky is falling, the Bronco can't handle simple off-roading" mentality is based on what, this and a pre-production unit that at an event where anything could have happened, say a rock hitting a wheel speed sensor cable and damaging it? So when you're using these two examples to say the bronco is a POS it really shows that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Again, I do actually have hands on off-road experience with the Bronco so when I say I know it's not fragile and useless off-road as you are implying, I have something to base that on.

When it comes down to it, post whatever you want but if your goal was to look like an ignorant ass: Mission accomplished.

Last edited:

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I do actually know what I'm talking about and I know that I don't HAVE to prove that to you but why not:

"A vehicleā€™s ā€œService AdvanceTracā€ warning light can be illuminated for a number of reasons, but most often pertains to sensor-related issues."

"When faced with an AdvanceTrac system issue, you can still drive your vehicle without any ill-effects. However, most vehicles automatically disable all AdvanceTrac related functions, when an active system fault has been detected."

"Service AdvanceTrac" Warning Light (What it Means and How to Reset) (cartreatments.com)

And again, I do actually have hands on off-road experience with the Bronco so when I say I know it's not fragile and useless off road as you are implying, I have something to base that on.

When it comes down to it, post whatever you want but if your goal was to look like an ignorant ass: Mission accomplished.
Wait, are you saying this is a bad sensor, or maybe a bad connection to the sensor? Or are you saying this may randomly happen?

Because my Jeep has never done that on the trail. Itā€™s a pain in the ass to get the front locker to engage (so happy Ford made that a separate switch), and you have to disconnect the sway bar before you hit the obstacles (which most would do on the Bronco), but Iā€™ve never had multiple disabling warnings from wheel spin.

Net: if this isnā€™t fixing a sensor, and Ford wants to compete, this is not acceptable as normal / not to worry itā€™ll clear up.

I am hoping evilletruck comes back on here and tells us the dealer found a bad or improperly installed sensor, bad wire, loose connector or whatever, and reflashed the software, and after testing it seems ok. As it is, I would not be very confident if I were him until I was sure it wasnā€™t repeating.

evilletruck

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There should be a code stored for this event which will tell why the TCS shut itself down. You can download Forscan and get a $30 diagnostic cable from Amazon and find out exactly what happened without doing the trial and error. This will also let you do fun things like turn off auto start-stop (y)

Good point, and I already have Forscan and cable. besides tried to do the trial and error method and was a lot harder to stop the Bronco from moving than expected. It just climbed over any chocks I could find :ROFLMAO:

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait, are you saying this is a bad sensor, or maybe a bad connection to the sensor? Or are you saying this may randomly happen?

Because my Jeep has never done that on the trail. Itā€™s a pain in the ass to get the front locker to engage (so happy Ford made that a separate switch), and you have to disconnect the sway bar before you hit the obstacles (which most would do on the Bronco), but Iā€™ve never had multiple disabling warnings from wheel spin.

Net: if this isnā€™t fixing a sensor, and Ford wants to compete, this is not acceptable as normal / not to worry itā€™ll clear up.

I am hoping evilletruck comes back on here and tells us the dealer found a bad or improperly installed sensor, bad wire, loose connector or whatever, and reflashed the software, and after testing it seems ok. As it is, I would not be very confident if I were him until I was sure it wasnā€™t repeating.
Lets take a second here and use some logic, is it more likely that Ford has some nefarious plot to build a crappy vehicle that they've made us wait years for or that there was a sensor fault?

Jeeps have wheel speed sensors too. I bet you anything that Jeep has an many defective sensors (per capita) as Ford, as GM, as any car company. More than likely these sensors are all made by 1 or 2 third party manufacturers.

My whole point is everyone needs to CALM DOWN and quit trying to make this something it isn't.

Sponsored

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good point, and I already have Forscan and cable. besides tried to do the trial and error method and was a lot harder to stop the Bronco from moving than expected. It just climbed over any chocks I could find :ROFLMAO:
Keep us updated!

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Lets take a second here and use some logic, is it more likely that Ford has some nefarious plot to build a crappy vehicle that they've made us wait years for or that there was a sensor fault?

Jeeps have wheel speed sensors too. I bet you anything that Jeep has an many defective sensors (per capita) as Ford, as GM, as any car company. More than likely these sensors are all made by 1 or 2 third party manufacturers.

My whole point is everyone needs to CALM DOWN and quit trying to make this something it isn't.
So youā€™re saying you think it is a bad sensor. (Which seems reasonable, and shit happens.)

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some of the comments on here... Pretty pathetic. Lol
GOAT mode, apart from some minor throttle mapping, and varying degrees of ABS/wheel sensor traction control and speed monitoring does absolutely fuck all apart from selecting drive modes or lockers for you.... And in the case of Badlands, maybe the swaybar disconnect. Should the system flip out because it spun a wheel prior to selecting a mode? No...
Why did it do this? Obviously erroneous sensor data to the computer. Did the driver cause this? No...
Should the driver select a mode before hitting an obstacle...? I dunno... Maybe. Should it matter? No...
Clearly he was learning and demonstrating the capabilities of his new truck, starting in 2WD and working his way up to 4Lo. And when the truck had a fit, he rationally went about solving the issue and getting going again.
Is there an inherent fault in the system design in all Bronco's? Probably not but not beyond the realms of possibility seeing how new it is. With that said, this isn't the first offroad traction control system Ford has ever designed... This relies heavily on industry wide ABS/wheel speed senor technology that's been common place for over 20 years or more!
Is it disappointing to see this happen to a brand new Bronco? Absolutely...
Am I cancelling my order because I saw this? Absolutely not...

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wow, the level of arrogance with some of these post is above and beyond, even for normal B6G.

A tire spun so thats the fault of the driver cuz he didn't know what he was doing?

Mud/Rut is only for extreme uses (yet that is the defacto off-road GOAT mode)

We don't need no stinking 4x4s, just climb everything in 2 wheel drive or your a pussy.

It is clear that the OP is not up to par with all the details of the Bronco ins-and-out that many of us may be, but to think this is his fault because he didnt do yada yada is complete horse shit.

GOAT modes were designed for the non- off-road experts, so they don't have to determine which switches to flip. To think that a novice can scramble up the ECU buy using or not using the one feature specifically designed for the novice is ridiculous.

There is clearly something buggy about that bronco whether it be a sensor or software bugs. The fact that we have seen at least 3 different videos of the ECU wigging out, tells me for one, without a doubt, that Ford still has some stuff to sort out.

I look forward to the OP followup as to if he or the dealer find out anything. But I wouldn't be surprised if in true B6G fashion you a-holes didn't chase him off.

I'm sure I don't speak alone by saying I much more value his Factual and real-life feedback than some of these arm chair quarterback's hot air.

Hamhands

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The only difference between your Base and his Bronco is that you didn't choose the rear locker, anything else in power train is almost the same.
crap, it turns out you are correct
The only difference between your Base and his Bronco is that you didn't choose the rear locker, anything else in power train is almost the same.
you are correct, i thought all I was getting is flat tow 4h and 4l, thanks for the heads up.

Sponsored

evilletruck

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks all for the suggestions and thoughts, turns out it was rear wheel speed sensor that got the signal it didn't like that caused this.

Why would an off road mode not expect some wheel spin? No idea and it's something that is being looked into further with help of dealership and Ford techs.

Posted an updated video and answered some of the questions about goat mode from this thread hope it helps :)

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Let's just wait for the end diagnostic results. he has said he will post 'em as soon as he can.
You're right of course but you know the 6g community is not good at waiting, or maybe we are ...it's been a year right?

My comment stands no matter the outcome in this case. If you're in terrain requiring a certain 4wd mode you might wan to engage it first in case there's some kind of fault later, so it stays in the drive mode you need.

OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks all for the suggestions and thoughts, turns out it was rear wheel speed sensor that got the signal it didn't like that caused this.

Why would an off road mode not expect some wheel spin? No idea and it's something that is being looked into further with help of dealership and Ford techs.

Posted an updated video and answered some of the questions about goat mode from this thread hope it helps :)

Thanks for the update Bill .... another good informative video ... looking forward to your next update from the Ford techs.

I also want to thank the 6G community for all their opinions on this thread, but there are a few people who think they can make their point better, by name calling or throwing insults. To those people i say you don't need to! you can make your points respectfully, to be taken serious, as an adult.

Last edited:

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You shouldn't need to be in Neutral to go 2H to 4H...
If you crept forward in drive, I'm sure it would engage. For that matter, with auto 4X4 option you can switch on the fly.
Neutral is required to go to 4 low however. And the car will tell you to switch to neutral