Sponsored

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No offense you say? Full of some weird stereotypes all through your post, particularly at the end. I've never owned a HiLift.

I have a 99' Disco on SFA/SRA on 35s with a fully modded suspension that I've wheeled across the Southeast for over 15 years. Beyond that, grew up wheeling LR and RRs that belonged to Dad; one being a Defender.

I'm Southern, Alabama Southern, so dirt is just what we do along with whipping everyone in college football.

There's no mall crawl here, but you can think whatever you wish. Who are you again?

This forum is full of guys who'll be doing this for the first time, some feel comfortable asking questions, but many don't. Even still, I don't want anyone to go out unprepared that kills what should be a fun and good time; particularly not because of pride and ego. So yeah, when you're new, cautious and informed, even overly so is a safe philosophy.

Further, a non-lifted Bronco without the proper tires is just as worthless as a stripped Wrangler on a trail, which is why real wheelers who own Wranglers don't take strippers down a trail! So, a stripped Bronco is just what it is, a street car, not an off roader.

Badlands ain't a cosmo pack and neither is a Rubicon. So, for those who want to wheel, best to buy it from Ford unless immediately planning to DIY before hitting the dirt.

So, if you wheel, the post wasn't for you, so move on since you just Ran KOH and came in 7th in your trophy truck, right? :rolleyes:
Not sure why you are rambling about Alabama. His bronco has 32" tires and a rear locker, so it's not a street car (or at least not advertised as one).

He wasn't climbing the Rubicon trail solo. This was clearly a modest local trail close to his house, so his preparation was fine. There is absolutely nothing wrong with taking that bronco down that modest trail solo. My point was you and many others make it sound like the driver did something wrong when it was clearly the vehicle not performing as intended.
Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure why you are rambling about Alabama. His bronco has 32" tires and a rear locker, so it's not a street car (or at least not advertised as one).

He wasn't climbing the Rubicon trail solo. This was clearly a modest local trail close to his house, so his preparation was fine. There is absolutely nothing wrong with taking that bronco down that modest trail solo. My point was you and many others make it sound like the driver did something wrong when it was clearly the vehicle not performing as intended.
He did several things wrong and sounds like so would you by not respecting the trail.

Use some logic man, if everything were ok, he wouldn't have bashed his Bronco and thrown an error.

He didn't have the proper clearance for the trail, period. Beyond that, he took some bad lines and was driving too fast.

Part of the issue was his skill; perhaps, but the other part was the rig. Simple "looking" trail or not is in the eye of the beholder, but if you couldn't see the risks associated with the trail he was on, its likely because you don't wheel.

I do.

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
He did several things wrong and sounds like so would you by not respecting the trail.

Use some logic man, if everything were ok, he wouldn't have bashed his Bronco and thrown an error.

He didn't have the proper clearance for the trail, period. Beyond that, he took some bad lines and was driving too fast.

Part of the issue was his skill; perhaps, but the other part was the rig. Simple "looking" trail or not is in the eye of the beholder, but if you couldn't see the risks associated with the trail he was on, its likely because you don't wheel.

I do.
So that's what you are going with? That the bronco didn't have the proper clearance for the trial and the driver drove too fast? Did you even watch the video? He wasn't on 30s" like you said, it wasn't a street car like you said (had a locker) and had nothing to do with driving too fast or his diff touching a rock a couple times like you said. It was clearly a slippage issue or computer system freaking out and throwing a fault. As soon as the rear locker engaged the bronco did fine.

If you think knocking your diff every now and again is uncommon or means your vehicle can't handle/shouldn't be on a trail because it touches a rock or two then you need to get out of that Alabama mud and head West. But nobody is changing your opinion, so go ahead and see what you want in that video.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks all for the suggestions and thoughts, turns out it was rear wheel speed sensor that got the signal it didn't like that caused this.

Why would an off road mode not expect some wheel spin? No idea and it's something that is being looked into further with help of dealership and Ford techs.

Posted an updated video and answered some of the questions about goat mode from this thread hope it helps :)

Thanks for the update. (y)

I for one, truly enjoy your videos and your attitude. I like the fact that you don't let the trolls wind you up as in today's world, you gotta expect a few of them.

You are doing the Bronco community a great service by giving us honest reviews and real time experiences- the good , bad and the ugly. I appreciate that, keep 'em coming. : )

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thanks all for the suggestions and thoughts, turns out it was rear wheel speed sensor that got the signal it didn't like that caused this.

Why would an off road mode not expect some wheel spin? No idea and it's something that is being looked into further with help of dealership and Ford techs.

Posted an updated video and answered some of the questions about goat mode from this thread hope it helps :)

Hello there! I would like to look further into your Bronco's sensor issue on my end. To get things started, would you please send over a private message with your VIN and some more details on the problems you have been experiencing?

Sponsored

Dro

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 Door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello there! I would like to look further into your Bronco's sensor issue on my end. To get things started, would you please send over a private message with your VIN and some more details on the problems you have been experiencing?
Now we just need some insight on the 6/21-6/28 production week builds that are stuck at MAP.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow! Ford replied to the OP about his issue.

Very interesting, but he did create a YouTube video, so smart for Ford to get on top of this one.

I'm impressed

evilletruck

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sent you a message with requested details, Thanks.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Maybe someone at Ford watched the video?

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger R/T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

video is about owner observations with the usual comments you've seen numerous times .... watch it from about minute 17

Any opinions on this?
Yes, it definitely s#*t the bed. Kind of don't mind waiting for mine now.

Sponsored

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did this ever get sorted?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah that was the followup clarification video...what what did the dealer find?

evilletruck

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah that was the followup clarification video...what what did the dealer find?

It is at the dealership right now, Ford has taken notice for sure and have engineers involved. Not sure what they will find, the codes and everything have already been sent to Fords analytics team, so really not expecting a reason or solution for what happened other than we will continue to monitor, but they have plenty of new codes to look at too, since the electronics went a bit bonkers with the doors off, so they are looking at that too.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It is at the dealership right now, Ford has taken notice for sure and have engineers involved. Not sure what they will find, the codes and everything have already been sent to Fords analytics team, so really not expecting a reason or solution for what happened other than we will continue to monitor, but they have plenty of new codes to look at too, since the electronics went a bit bonkers with the doors off, so they are looking at that too.
Okay. Will stand by waiting for some answers. Now in your case nothing actually broke, so I would think they could pull some codes and give you your Bronco back?

It's not like it wasn't drivable. Several other people are having electronic glitches as well it seems.
Sponsored